Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derivate Child of LPR - What is the National Visa Center expecting from USCIS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derivate Child of LPR - What is the National Visa Center expecting from USCIS?

Hi - we received an I-171 regarding my friend's Derivative child, currently living abroad. The document states "Your petition to classify the beneficiary (i.e. minor child living abroad) as an immediate relative of a USC has been forwarded to the US consulate below. ...The US consulate will contact the beneficiary and give instructions..."

The "US Consulate's" address on the form letter is the National Visa Center. And we have heard nothing since that letter, sent late January 2007. What should be our next step? Should anything have happened already?

Hi - we received an I-171 regarding my friend's Derivative child, currently living abroad. The document states "Your petition to classify the beneficiary (i.e. minor child living abroad) as an immediate relative of a USC has been forwarded to the US consulate below. ...The US consulate will contact the beneficiary and give instructions..."

The "US Consulate's" address on the form letter is the National Visa Center. And we have heard nothing since that letter, sent late January 2007. What should be our next step? Should anything have happened already?

Comment

Your heading says child of LPR.

Assuming that is correct, then they would need to wait for a visa number to become available.

But then I thought this form was to do with adopting children, hopefully somebody else understands your question.

Comment

You wait - the NVC will send you letters and request money for the processing about a year before your visa priority date comes due. You can do very little now but wait. Probably quite a few years. Go to the Dept of State Visa Bulletin and you can get the information there.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation