Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossing border

I've been in the states for about 5 months. I'm returning home to Canada in a week, however i'll be taking a trip right away after with my mom back into the us, travelling by car. I only ever flown into the US so i'm not sure of the prodecures or what to expect. While here in the US i had to move and put some of my stuff in storage, and i can't get access to either my passport or birth certificate until after i leave for Canada. Will driving across the border with just my drivers licence as identification be sufficient?

Also, what is a typical experience crossing? I'll be travelling from the interior of BC and entering Seattle,only staying a couple nights. I'm curious as to wether my previous stay here in the US will be noted or questioned,if they have access to that info? I don't want to have any problems..

Thanks in advance,
    Jessica

I've been in the states for about 5 months. I'm returning home to Canada in a week, however i'll be taking a trip right away after with my mom back into the us, travelling by car. I only ever flown into the US so i'm not sure of the prodecures or what to expect. While here in the US i had to move and put some of my stuff in storage, and i can't get access to either my passport or birth certificate until after i leave for Canada. Will driving across the border with just my drivers licence as identification be sufficient?

Also, what is a typical experience crossing? I'll be travelling from the interior of BC and entering Seattle,only staying a couple nights. I'm curious as to wether my previous stay here in the US will be noted or questioned,if they have access to that info? I don't want to have any problems..

Thanks in advance,
    Jessica

Comment

Nobody???

Comment

wheather you get in or out of US you still need a birth certificate or a passport to cross the border. I don't think they will allow you to travel with just a driver's licence anymore.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation