Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i687 case was denied but i got a letter to appeal can i still apply for work permit.?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi italiansrus,
    You'll be covered if your petition has been filed by US relative/employer during that period. This was the time when I was misguided by my attorney too. I wish I had read this law at that time instead of listening to my **** attorney. Who told me that I do not qualify as need to have master's degree to apply under employment category. We are better off applying under life act, which really ****ed for all d members and life act was the law which made all the settlement rules so strict. USCIS followed the life act guidelines even when they were dealing the approved settlement cases. I had a wonderful job, paying me good salary and would have sponsored me with no problem. Lost my chance which I regret everyday of my life.
    Having said that I'm sure you are aware of the law and know what I am talking about. Story of our lives(

Comment

Sorry to hear about that pearl, in my case I did not file for the Life Act, which I also regret it now, with the life act I-485 you could at least go to a higher appeals court, not just the AAO...anyhow do you have any comments on the judicial review option we have left for our cases if we chose this option of appeals?.

Comment

Italiansrus don't regret about not filing under life act as they didn't approve anyone and made the settlement guidelines impossible for anyone to qualify. Took filing fees and the lawyers fees, lot of money went in the gutter.
        Regardig the option of appeals, I believe it will be very hard for each and every individual to produce again the proofs of over 26 years period and after spending lot of money again, who knows wht benefit we will get not sure if we will be able to get even EAD to work until the case is pending.
        I know so many of our members have applied under NWRIP agreement, they spent aroung $1000.00 and all they got was the denial in couple of months and didn't give them any chance to provide some time for the docs. So, I believe lawyer's like Peter and Carlos are done with these cases and they are not goin to do anything to help us. If they were the once who got the settlement guidelines for us, never even followed that if those rules were met. They have already made the money and have nothing to do with this anymore. I don't know why Carlos started a thread on this website, maybe wanted to stir some life in to this dead issue and get some business from denied members on individual basis.
        I know you have been in contact with them so do you have any fruitful promise or hope. I haven't heard from any member who have contact them and got any resolving answer till now????
        I'm sure you must have paid them their legal fees and all. Have you got any response from the USCIS regarding any update on your case. Please let us know so then I guess all members will see some light and will do something. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the bottom line on all the denied CSS/Newman/LULAC cases.

The worst thing that ever happened to us is when Peter Schey defeated the Government in court, and won us the right to re-open our amnesty cases. We all thought it was a great thing at the time. Out of the nearly 100,000 applicants, less than 2% were approved. The ones who were approved didn’t necessarily have stronger cases. Some deserved it, and some didn’t just like everything in life.

The reason some were approved is because the Government could not deny all case, if they did there would be another lawsuit. Just a lucky few got through. The rest of us, got ourselves into massive trouble, much worse than before we applied. This is because as the future comes, the United States is becoming much, much tighter with all security related issues. Immigration is made to look like a huge problem, and has become a huge business. Most immigration detention centers are privately run. Since the prisoner's are not US citizens the standards of housing are not regulated. Some detention centers brag that it cost $1.05 per day to feed the guard dogs, and only 45 cents per day for the human alien trash.

I have warned you that some CSS/Newman/LULAC members have already been arrested and deported. I know for a fact that ICE has a massive pick up list for 2011. Even if you are not arrested, when the Real ID Act come into play, the noose around all of our necks will strangle us all. We must face this problem. Everybody here is a fool to think that Peter and Carlos are going to save us. They are not, can’t you guys see and face that? They do not care about this anymore.

We are on our own!!!!! Nobody is going to help us, because nobody cares. We cannot go to the media because this settlement is far too complicated for the public. Once the public hears the word amnesty, they would hope we would be shot and killed by ICE. Just ask someone12. He’s your average American. He’d be happy to put a bullet through your head, himself. He’d believe that he was serving his Country.

My friends, we all have immigration cancer, and there is no known cure.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by italiansrus:
            Hi All!!! I think that all LULAC/CSS applicants need to contact the center for human rights to get a more educated response regarding adjusting through siblings,parents or children, our cases are not the regular adjustment of status type cases, our cases are given deference in higher appeal courts, as if we have entered the US with a visa, all I`m saying is that if we can apply for assylum, then be denied and still be given the opportunity to litigate in front of the executive office of immigration review judge to seek judicial review for our denied LULAC/CSS cases as well, than I`m sure that some if not all of us can adjust through family here in the US without having to leave the country. All denied members need to look into statutory provision of INA Section 245A (f)(4)(A).....I`m afraid that there`s not going to be any type of CIR folks, if you are waiting for it...wait no more, is not happening...so the only thing we have left is judicial review...you`ll be surprised to see in how many people are adjusting their US immigration status now through deportation proceedings (cancellation of removal) with the EOIR,BIA and the federal circuit court of appeals if necessary, just becuase they have lived in the country for 10 years, have extreme hardship in their US citizen/legal resident parents or children, etc. and can prove it, now this applies to visa overstays and LULAC/CSS applicants....also even though the standard of the new law is under the cancellation of removal standard, the more lenient standard applies to us, which is the suspension of deportation standard. Happy Holidays!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            My dear Pearl, Italiansrus;
            I wish you both Happy Holidays.

Do'nt loose heart. As you have suggested our adjustment of stattus may be a possibility thru one of our family USC and hardship to them. The length of our residence in USA being way over 10 years.
            I wo'nt be surprised if in light of the Census data the Republicans might want to court some specific social sub group in preparation for 2012 elections. That might mean CIR. We shall see what new year brings.
            All the best.

Comment

Thank you Paul1, hope is the only thing which keep everyone goin. We have to stay positive and see where our lives would takes us. Hopefully good news for everyone will comeby soon. Happy Holidays to everyone and Good Luck!!!

Comment

hi.mr italianrus you said that all those who apply thru life act have a chance to adjust over here in the usa my 485 was denied on life that was on 203 how i cant open this case or have a high court to see my case or reopen my css.newman settlement that was denied at aao this month i dont know what do i feel so bad my only chance is with my wife she is legal resident but i enter this contry with out inspection.so any advice willp help than you...

Comment

it`s too late now hard rock, in regards to the I-485 all appeals were supposed be done right after denials from USCIS/AAO....I been trying to see if I can late file for myself, but I think that is almost close to impossible to do this now...perhaps for your I-485 you can argue in a motion to reopen that you were somewhat prevented from due process by USCIS/AAO in not informing you of your rights of appealing your denied case to a higher court of appeals like the Executive Office of Immigration Review...now hard rock the only thing we all have if we choose to go this way, in having our cases reheard again via judicial review is statutory provision of
                  INA Section 245A(f)(4)(A) .....go check out www.immigrationappealworks.org ....click on their new alerts or special alerts link to see that we do have an option of having our cases reheard all the way to a federal circuit court of appeals, and this particular provision, I been really researching and trying to get ready for, becuase most likely this is the avenue that I will be taking to obtain relief.I hope this helps, if there is something I can help with...ask away.....HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE!!!

PS. Judicial review is only done, with all the information you already provided to USCIS...that is for LULAC/CSS denied cases, you can not add on no more....now how your lawyer deals with the EOIR, BIA and perhaps the Circuit Court of Appeals if necessary, based on the information you already provided to USCIS is another story...

Comment

It is too dangerous to live in the US

there are too many tornadoes , hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards

don't you get it???

California get over 500 earthquakes per day

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ear...uakes/quakes_all.php

It just start raining birds in Arkansas and louisiana

http://www.39online.com/news/l...tory,0,7247358.story

Comment

since you get it, I`m assuming you must have moved on from the US...or perhaps you are very lucky to still be alive....fisnuckisnyou pisnunck bisnitch!!!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chicory:

don't you get it???

http://www.39online.com/news/l...tory,0,7247358.story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by italiansrus:
                        since you get it, I`m assuming you must have moved on from the US...or perhaps you are very lucky to still be alive<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chicory:

don't you get it???

http://www.39online.com/news/l...tory,0,7247358.story </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, if you don't want to live in the USA, don't. You wanna smoke pot legally? Go find a country that allows it and stop waiting for legislation to pass where you can legally live your life in a complete fog without responsibility.

Comment

it seems a foreigner like you has found her "country"....even though nobody cares....and as I said before fisnuckisnyou pisnunck bisnitch and happy new year!!!

Comment

it seems a foreigner like you has found her "country"....even though nobody cares....and as I said before fisnuckisnyou pisnunck bisnitch and happy new year!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuff your encoded curse words up where the sun don't shine. I'm a home grown USC and VERY proud of it. I don't appreciate renegade foreigners. You fall in that category. You want to smoke your illegal drugs? Go back and do it in your home country where I'm pretty sure they'll also lock your behind up if caught.

Comment

there you go again proud the "naturalized citizen" with her self righteous tantrums...didn`t you said you got in trouble becuase your kids were smoking ganja....anyhow this thread does not pertain to whatever it is that you are talking about...but if you like we can go all night if you want.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                              it seems a foreigner like you has found her "country"....even though nobody cares....and as I said before fisnuckisnyou pisnunck bisnitch and happy new year!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuff your encoded curse words up where the sun don't shine. I'm a home grown USC and VERY proud of it. I don't appreciate renegade foreigners. You fall in that category. You want to smoke your illegal drugs? Go back and do it in your home country where I'm pretty sure they'll also lock your behind up if caught. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there you go again proud the "naturalized citizen" with her self righteous tantrums...didn`t you said you got in trouble becuase your kids were smoking ganja....anyhow this thread does not pertain to whatever it is that you are talking about...but if you like we can go all night if you want.
                                quote: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was born here in DC, the Nation's Capital. I don't need the likes of you trying to tear me down. What I find offensive is anyone, immigrant, non-immigrant, trying to promote illegal drugs as something we should accept as legal.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation