Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated case......any advice

My mother in-law filed for her daughter who has 2 kids back in 2000. her daughter who is a resident of st. lucia at the time came on vacation and decided not to go back. Now my mother in law filed as if her daughter is living in st. lucia...Now my mother in law became a citizen about 6 months ago. her daughter is still in the country her visa is still valid but over stayed the time they gave her back in 2000. How can my mother in law proceed with the papers without her daughter having to go back to st. lucia......is it possible she would not have to go back? any advice?

My mother in-law filed for her daughter who has 2 kids back in 2000. her daughter who is a resident of st. lucia at the time came on vacation and decided not to go back. Now my mother in law filed as if her daughter is living in st. lucia...Now my mother in law became a citizen about 6 months ago. her daughter is still in the country her visa is still valid but over stayed the time they gave her back in 2000. How can my mother in law proceed with the papers without her daughter having to go back to st. lucia......is it possible she would not have to go back? any advice?

Comment

retitle your thread to get more attention. be more specific. not complicated blah blah

is daughter under 21 and unmarried?

Comment

I'm sure that it all seemed soooo easy at the time - let's just ignore America's laws and stay illegally!!

Well, now the situation changes dramatically. There is NO WAY for the daughter to remain in America and change her status. She must return to her country-of-origin and undergo Consular processing.

At that point, she will be denied (and justifiably denied). The daughter is subject to a ten-year bar against reentry to America...and would need a successful waiver process to immigrate legally.

I'm sure that it all seemed sooo easy at the time...

Comment

SunDevil - ever been to St. Lucia? The living conditions are pretty deplorable. Perhaps you need take a few trips (Mexico should be your first stop, btw). Perhaps seeing things for what they are will help open your eyes and your heart a bit more.

Comment

devildoll already knows. He thinks he can give a bit of advice and that will exonerate him of guilt for berating the OP.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation