Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am being honest, and I am just like you!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am being honest, and I am just like you!

I applied for the change of status from B-1 to F-1 but never heard back from INS. It's been 2 years already. Will I be liable for overstaying, even though I am simply waiting for their answer???
    Please, be so kind to respond!!!

No response in 2 years? Where have you been? Did you receive "notice of action". Have you received anything back? If not then you better call immigration and see whats up.

Comment

At the very best your case was approved but you are now out of status because you are not in school (correct?). Did you move from the address you listed on the I-539 change of status? if so then the approval or denial notice would not have been forwarded to you.

If you applied for a cos to F-1 then I a DSO should have submitted an I-20 on your behalf. Did you check with them? If not then do so asap.

Comment

I called them 6 months after I applied, but they said that they did not received my documents. They said that they will look for them, but I never heard from them since. It's been 2.5 years now, so I am really worried that they've either lost my documents or never recieved them and that I can't prove them that I ever send them my documents. Should I call them and ask them again? I am so affraid they will not believe me and reject my efforts to get that student status. Am I in trouble now???

Comment

I am still in school, I still have one more year to go. My school gave me I-20 to send to INS together with other paperwork. I live in the same place.

Comment

one cannot legally attend school until the status change is approved, which means you are yet another typical visa cheat...probably lied to get the B1 (saying you "have to" return to whatever country you came from) and then lied to our immigration folks upon arrival (hey, I'll just be here a month on "business") and no doubt have been working illegally ever since (school is not free)....who cares?
            You must really think we are stupid to buy this load of bee ess....2.5 years "waiting" for paperwork??? yea, right.

Comment

THERE ARE NO HONEST ****STERS BY DEFINITION !!!

Comment

I am being honest and I don't have intentions to stay here after I finish my school unless my life turns in some unexpected way. I think that I can finish it anyway, but I don't want to appear as a cheater, that's why I am concerned with my status and want to find out what did I do wrong and what can I do to change it.
                Everyone has a life and thing that are much more important than immigration. Trust me, I will not break the law for the sake of living 'in shadows'. It is not worth it.
                However, I would probably say same harsh things to you if we switched places. So I accept your anger.
                I just want to know my right!!!

Comment

SINCE YOU ARE, ADMITTEDLY, A ****STER WHY DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BELEIVE YOU !!!

DO YOU TAKE ME FOR AN IDIOT???!!!

Comment

I really don't care if you believe me or not. I asked a question, because I CARE about immigration laws and don't want to break them. I needed an advise.

Comment

ANOTHER FRAUDSTER WANTS TO BEAT THE SYSTEM !

Comment

Instead of insulting me, why don't you just get over your anger and do something to make thing better.

Comment

if you are really so concerned about our laws, why are you studying and working without permission???? No one is that stupid to believe you have been sitting around somebody's apartment doing nothing waiting for the mail to arrive.
                          You are a visa cheat. Responsible adults obey the laws. You have not been doing so. Please leave my country. It does not take 2.5 years to get a response to a valid request such as yours, nor are you legally entitled to work and study without permission.

Comment

****STER SHALL SOON BE DEPORTED !

Comment

I have my own apartment. I pay my bills and taxes, and I only worked part time, they(my school advisor) said that I could work for 20 hours a week. I am not a lawyer to know all the details of what is legal or not. What I know is that I never knowingly attempted to break the law. I just had my routine and waited for the answer.
                              Seriously, what did I do wrong?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed