X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married..next steP?

Hi everyone..
    I am planning on getting married here to my fiance of a year now...he is here undocumented.
    Could someone please help me understand what steps I have to take prior or after the marriage is legal? He has no papers only a dependent SS card.
    I know the process will be long ,so I want to be as prepared as possible.
    Thanks
    J

Hi everyone..
    I am planning on getting married here to my fiance of a year now...he is here undocumented.
    Could someone please help me understand what steps I have to take prior or after the marriage is legal? He has no papers only a dependent SS card.
    Thanks
    J

Comment

you can e-mail me
      consult_center@hotmail.com

We specialize in processing such cases.

Comment

Avoid like the plague.

Check out www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

I agree with Theone.......AVOID that type of solicitation.

Also have a look at www.familybasedimmigration.com in their forums as well as Laurel Scott's website http://www.visacentral.net/ She has a FREE chat every wednesday at 11am and specializes in waivers etc for those that have been unlawfully present in the United States for more than 180 days

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslanswake:
            Hi everyone..
            Thanks
            J </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            The other posters did not explain their reasoning. The main problem is that your spouse will have to go back to the US in order to attempt to adjust their status to be legal. If he is undocumented, it means you cannot adjust the status here in the US. The I-601 waiver will be required. And the waiver is not guaranteed. Be prepared for a possibility that USCIS denial, even with an attorney. But an attorney or other legal counsel will help better the chances of your spouse. I suggest you follow the link that Theone and lya_tsilvquodi_nehi gave.

Good luck with your endeavor.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

He is already here...hes been here for 7 years, we live together.he works and I stay home with the kids.The children are mine from a previous marriage.
              People get married here everyday wherther they are legal or not, my question is what do I do first? what papers do i file first? where do I do this?
              I will check out those websites and see if they have anything I can understand! Thanks everyone for your replies!
              greatly appreciated..
              Paz
              J

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources