Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AG JOBS GOING TO VOTE IN SENATE THIS WEEK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AG JOBS GOING TO VOTE IN SENATE THIS WEEK?

Please see the following link to the United Farm Workers Website and use it to email your senators to support AgJobs if you are in favor of it:

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/A...OD/explanation

Please see the following link to the United Farm Workers Website and use it to email your senators to support AgJobs if you are in favor of it:

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/A...OD/explanation

Comment

Pretty pointless--the bill already has 61 co-sponsors which is enough for it to pass. But passing in the Senate won't make it law--it has to get through the House where it faces real opposition.

Comment

Well, there are also 113 cosponsors in Congress too with more signing up daily!! We'll see what happens.

Comment

Is it going to be voted on this week?
          Do you know where i can find updates on it or bill # to search senate?
          Thanks

Comment

GG,

I am constantly trying to track this but find very little other than the text of the bill. The bill numbers are S.1645/ H.R. 3142
            Try these links: http://www.friendsfw.org/Legislation...obs/S_1645.htm

and the one above for United Farmworkers who usually has the most up to date info on this bill. If you are a supporter, please email your congresspeople and senators. Mine, in Oregon, have responded favorably and are already cosponsors.

This bill would change my life. My husband and kids and I would not have to live in fear of my husbands deportation anymore!!

angie

Comment

Angie--Congress has almost 500 members. I wouldn't bet on it getting even a simple majority, much less a filibuster-proof 2/3.

Comment

I made Angie's error--It's the HOUSE that has almost 500 members (I believe, but am not certain, 495). Congress is BOTH the Senate and the House. I presume she means that the bill has 113 votes in the House. If not, if she really does mean Congress, then only about 50 some members in the House support it. Even then, the bills in the two houses are not necessarily exactly the same, and should both pass, would have to be reconciled for the bills to become law.

Comment

By the way--the Senate is the "rich man's club" so it's not exactly surprising that you're getting them signing on. Love that cheap labor!

Comment

YES, I MESSED UP!! OUT OF 100 SENATORS THERE ARE 63 COSPONSORS. HOUSE OF REPS HAS 435 AND THERE ARE 113 COSPONSORS.

Comment

This thing is not passing. No support and it's an election year and no one wants to campaign with this albatross around their neck.

Comment

Hey, fellows!

Time to go search for AG jobs!

Anyone heard cows "mooing" around here
                        Go for Jo!

On serious note:
                        Well, if anything passes, AG will pass for sure.
                        But I am not sure if anything like that could pass in near future.
                        Yet, you never know!

Good luck,
                        Illigamen and Illadies

Comment

Hi Angie,
                          I'm following the proposed bills just like U do.The Ag.Bill wouldn't be very helpful for me,but anyways I recently read a brief article on this website saying there might be some positive changes before the election.
                          I also heard and were told by lawyers that they are expecting some positive outcomes before the election.
                          It would also change our life.I'm married to a USC,but unable to adjust.
                          Let's hope for the best,

Comment

Thanks Ely,

I have been on the thomas.loc website following their "housefloor now" segment and haven't seen it come up yet at all. They are saying that this might be voted on as an amendment of the Defense Bill (which really confuses me by the way if anyone cares to comment on that).

It is kind of cool how you can see what congress doing on an hourly basis here though!!

Good luck to you in your situation. Hopefully AgJobs will be the first step in fixing lots of immigration problems!!

Comment

I don't see that anything happened with this this week in going over daily logs. Anybody else know?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation