Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to live in the North or the South?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better to live in the North or the South?

Which has better quality of life between Northern states and Southern states and where is the quality of education better?

Which has better quality of life between Northern states and Southern states and where is the quality of education better?

Comment

If you like the season's pick the north. If you don't like the snow, pick the south. I iwill tell you this though, if you live without seasons you are really missing something.

A lot of elderly people live in the south due to the weather. This does not bode well for long term well-being of schools in that area as schools depend on taxes which are voted on by local citizens. In my opinion, elderly on a fixed income will not vote for higher taxes.

Comment

BEST PLACES TO LIVE IN US

1. SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA
        2. SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
        3. SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
        4. NEW YORK CITY METRO AREA
        5. CLEARWATER, FLORIDA
        6. CHICAGO, ILL
        7. HAWAII
        8. WASHINGTON DC
        9. BOSTON, MASS
        10. PHOENIX, AZ

Comment

Does anyone have independent sources to back up their positions?

Comment

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/top100_1.html

The comments about retirees living in the South apply mostly to Florida.

Comment

You can go to www.firstgov.gov and click on "Family, Home and Community". You will find data and information of all cities, towns, counties and States. They will tell you what is the general average in the United States of a certain topic (i.e. high school graduation rate) and the one for a specif area. It is very informative.

As a general rule, the North is more educated than the South (based on SAT, h.s. graduations, rate of students going to college, etc.,). The North is more industrialized (not to many farms) and also more expensive to live in (more cities). In the North, people get married older than in the South and have less children (I think the average is 26 years old against 23 in the South).

The weather is a huge factor to take into consideration. If you are not used to snow (or you dont like it), you should rule out the North (at least the far away North).

Good luck.

Comment

The Pacific Northwest is wonderful - Mountains and Ocean. It does rain however but no hurricanes, tornados, thunder storms etc. Good education system - and Bill Gates on the corner. Taking a drive to town is like a vaction trip through the mountains. (Lots of islands and you can go to Vancouver and Victoria for a day or weekend.) Doesn't freeze very often. Yup - the PNW is the best.

Comment

Pacific Northwest is for hicks

I need no "backup" to show that New York City is the greatest city in the world; that is just a fact

Comment

NY is a great place to visit but you don't want to live there, uless you are single and wealthy.

Go to any party in NYC and the first thing someone will ask you is what you pay in rent. If you want a house you have to be willing to commute 3 hrs from the poconos.

Crowded, expensive and dangerous.

Comment

Hey Michael - I love New York and maybe the PNW is for hicks but when I go down to my creek surrounded by 200 year old rewoods on my 6 1/2 acres of land with the deer and the birds to just sit and meditate - I simply can't ask for more. The pheasants dance on my front lawn and I watch the sun set over the mountains - and every day I see Mt Rainier and St Helens in the distance. And there is not a sound to break the songs of the birds.... All the bad stuff just goes away....

Comment

oh sure, nothing about the WEST!?!?!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs