X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aneri
    replied
    if she overstayed for more than 6 months and less than a year, she has 3 year bar (>1 year = 10 years). Bar starts the day one leaves the country. It is not written in the passport, but when one asks for any kind of visa, one is asked how long were the previous stays in the USA.

As PR yourself, you can't sponsor your mother for green card. Depending where you live, it may take some time before you get citizenship after you apply for it, so plan accordingly. Depending on when your mother last left the USA, the bar may be over by the time she has an interview for immigrant visa.

Leave a comment:

• mygreenbird
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">now she will be facing a 3 year bar </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do they write on the passport ?
    what i mean, how do i know my mother got 3 year bar ?

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    my green

[quote]so i'm debating whether file for i-130 after i get citizenship or send the B2 papers.[quote]

They are not giving your mother a visa. How foolish of you to let her overstay her visa What were you thinking.???? Forget about the b2 papers.. why would you think you have that option now. after you get citiznship. file the
    papers for her. I hope she didnt overstay more than 180 days (6months) otherwise, now she will be facing a 3 year bar.

Leave a comment:

• Lyric
    replied
    It looks like you have a much larger issue on your hands.Judging from the info given,I believe your mother may be currently facing the 3 year bar so even if you did file for her when you get your US citizenship you're still looking at an uphill battle.

How many months did she overstay her B2 ?

Leave a comment:

• mygreenbird
    replied
    Hello all,

i'm due my citizenship on dec 2007 and my question is:

should i filed for my mother on PR (green card) or invite my mother on visit visa and after arrival convert visit visa into PR.

what is the fastest and safest option ?

my mother was with me on B2 visa and she overstay for few months and when i send visiting visa last year the US consulate did not give my mother visit visa and US consulate stated that.. when your son get citizensip then you applied for.

so i'm debating whether file for i-130 after i get citizenship or send the B2 papers.

any help?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• mygreenbird
    started a topic need advise...applying for my mother...

need advise...applying for my mother...

Hello all,

i'm due my citizenship on dec 2007 and my question is:

should i filed for my mother on PR (green card) or invite my mother on visit visa and after arrival convert visit visa into PR.

what is the fastest and safest option ?

my mother was with me on B2 visa and she overstay for few months and when i send visiting visa last year the US consulate did not give my mother visit visa and US consulate stated that.. when your son get citizensip then you applied for.

so i'm debating whether file for i-130 after i get citizenship or send the B2 papers.

any help?

thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed