Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I have any trouble coming back to the US?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mohan
    replied
    technically he can .. but if you travel with whole paperwork and responses.. you can enter back with little hassle.

Leave a comment:

• Cayita
    replied
    I am a permanent resident. I have had my green card (no conditions) for over a year. On October, I changed my last name and asked for a new green card. I had my biometrics and the immigration people punched my card giving it a new experation day (may-2007, shortening its original duration). A month later I traveled abroad using my punched card and I had no problem coming back to the US.

Last month I received my new card but there was an error on my name. So I sent it back to USCIS for correction. I am still waiting for the new one.

I am traveling abroad in a couple days. I was under the impression that there would be no problem. But an immigration officer told me on the phone that I MAY encounter some problems coming back because now there is duplicity on my green card (the punched one that I have and the one with the error that I sent back). He suggested to go to my local INS office and get a stamp on my passport.

Has anyone gone through the same? Maybe I am very optimistic but I dont think the POE officer would deny my entry if I show him all the documentation.

If they send me back, do I have to buy an airplane ticket there or do they pay for it and I reimburse them later?

Leave a comment:

• Cayita
    started a topic Will I have any trouble coming back to the US?

Will I have any trouble coming back to the US?

I am a permanent resident. I have had my green card (no conditions) for over a year. On October, I changed my last name and asked for a new green card. I had my biometrics and the immigration people punched my card giving it a new experation day (may-2007, shortening its original duration). A month later I traveled abroad using my punched card and I had no problem coming back to the US.

Last month I received my new card but there was an error on my name. So I sent it back to USCIS for correction. I am still waiting for the new one.

I am traveling abroad in a couple days. I was under the impression that there would be no problem. But an immigration officer told me on the phone that I MAY encounter some problems coming back because now there is duplicity on my green card (the punched one that I have and the one with the error that I sent back). He suggested to go to my local INS office and get a stamp on my passport.

Has anyone gone through the same? Maybe I am very optimistic but I dont think the POE officer would deny my entry if I show him all the documentation.

If they send me back, do I have to buy an airplane ticket there or do they pay for it and I reimburse them later?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney