No announcement yet.

Japan's Comprehensive Immigration Reform

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Japan's Comprehensive Immigration Reform

    Pay them to go home.

  • #2
    Pay them to go home.


    • #3
      I wonder with what money, if the U.S. decides to do this.

      Davdah, the "Latin American" Workers are individuals who have Japanese ancenstry; not to mention, the ones they are talking about are not illegal.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre


      • #4
        Japan's Immigration Rules & Regulations

        By Keri Honea, eHow Editor

        Rate: (0 Ratings)

        Japan allows foreigners to enter and stay in their country for a variety of reasons. Those who are traveling for business or pleasure for short stays only need a passport, but those wishing to stay longer than 90 days need a visa and need to apply for a status of residence, which can grant stays up to three years and even be extended. Those who have worked in Japan for ten years or are married to Japanese citizens can apply for permanent residence, where they can remain in the country indefinitely. No matter how long the stay, all foreigners wishing to stay longer than 90 days must also obtain alien registration card.

        Temporary Visitors
        Temporary visitors to Japan are foreigners staying in the country for 90 days or less, which can include tourists, business travelers and students of short-term study. Citizens of Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland or Great Britain may extend their temporary stay for up to six months by applying for the extension at any immigration bureau in Japan. Foreigners of over 50 countries only need a valid passport to enter the country with the temporary visitor status of residence. Citizens of other countries must obtain a visa. All temporary visitors must carry either their passports or visas on them at all times, and they are not allowed to take part in any activities for pay. As an added precaution, as of November 20, 2007, all foreigners---whether they are temporary visitors or permanent residents---must have their photographs and fingerprints taken upon entering the country. All who refuse to cooperate are refused entry.
        Alien Registration
        All foreigners who aren't temporary visitors must register as aliens within the first 90 days of staying in Japan. They can register at any local municipal office where they are staying. Alien registration cards are required for many activities, such as opening a bank account, applying for credit or acquiring a cell phone. Similar to temporary visitors carrying their passports, all foreign residents staying in Japan longer than 90 days must carry their alien registration cards at all time.
        Work Visas
        Those who want to work in Japan must obtain a work visa from a Japanese embassy or consulate in their original country of residence. The work visa is the only paperwork that will permit them to enter the country with a status of residence to work. Applicants must have a university degree or experience in the field they wish to work in to qualify for a work visa. Most work visas also require sponsorships from prospective employers. A status of residence to work is typically for one to three years but can easily extend. Workers who change professional fields while in Japan will need to apply for a change to their status of residence.
        Student Visas
        Students studying abroad in Japan (for longer than 90 days) need to obtain a student visa at a Japanese embassy or consulate in their original country of residence, which will permit them to stay in the country with a status of residence for long-term studies. There are many statues of residence for long-term studies for the various types of study, such as college, pre-collegiate, graduate or cultural studies. Student visas require both sponsorship from a school in Japan and proof of sufficient finances to cover all educational and living expenses during the residency. Student status of residences are available in time periods of six months, one year or two years. Students can always apply to extend their visas as needed. While in the country with a student visa, students cannot partake in any paying activities without permission from both their school and the immigration office.
        Spouse Visas
        Foreigners married to Japanese citizens or permanent residents may obtain a spouse visa to reside in Japan and work if they wish. Spouse visas are available in one or three year time periods, either of which can be extended. Spouses who are currently residing in Japan with a work visa can apply for a dependent visa, which is available in three months and three years time periods. However, spouses with dependent visas may not work without permission from the immigration office.
        Permanent Residents and Re-Entry Permits
        Most of the temporary statuses of residence, such as work, student and spouse visas, have set periods of time but can be extended. Those who have had their visas extended for at least ten consecutive years and have proven to be able to live independently without government assistance can apply for permanent residence. Permanent residents may remain in Japan for an indefinite period of time, and they can work in any professional field.
        Foreign residents leaving Japan for vacations, business travel or other temporary reasons must obtain a re-entry permit before departure. Failure to do so results in losing status of residence, even if it's a permanent status. Immigration offices offer both single and multiple-use permits. Some airports offer them as well for emergencies only.
        For those who would like to make their residences more than permanent, foreigners can become naturalized citizens of Japan. They have to have lived in Japan for at least five years (less if married to Japanese citizen), have had good conduct, have never conspired against the Japanese government, have proven able to live independently, and be willing to renounce all other citizenships.

        If the fingerprints and Photo have discrepancy's? Samari Ha****o Will behead You before taking his family to Walmart for the weekly sales!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y


        • #5
          Behead illegals. Even better idea. Thanks MIR.


          • #6
            Ya can always do this:



            • #7
              Or this:


              • #8
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                Obviously not illegal. A very long swim, LOL. Maybe there is some Japanese ancestry. It isn't about that though. Just because I have some British/Austrian/Hungarian roots wouldn't entitle me to visit any of those countries and stay.

                I would bet their visas had some sort of stipulation indicating it was temporary. Not sure what the big deal is. In a year or two they'll be able to come back when things pick up. Or maybe they can head over to China. Walmart is doing real well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                I wonder if Fujimori would get the boot LOL.

                However, I do not think it is about which type of visa they have. if they have a workers visa, they are legal residents in Japan. Furthermore, it may appear that xenophobia may be rearing its ugly head again. Korean and Chinese ethnic groups, as well as westerners, have phrases to describe them. Gaijin, sangokujin, blakuru, and other names can be used in a deragatory manner. But like in most Asian societies, the names have dual meaning.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre


                • #9
                  History of Indian Saree


                  Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                  Home Page

                  Immigration Daily


                  Processing times

                  Immigration forms

                  Discussion board



                  Twitter feed

                  Immigrant Nation


                  CLE Workshops

                  Immigration books

                  Advertise on ILW



                  About ILW.COM

                  Connect to us



                  Immigration Daily