X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eb2 for food scientist?

Hi,

Have you ever heard about Eb2 approved for food scientist - supervisor/manager who is being sponsor by the bakery (29 employees)? My friend has MS in biology + 4 years exp., just got her PW $23.45/h and the lawyer is no sure if it is possible to apply for Eb2 with this salary.

Any advice? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Have you ever heard about Eb2 approved for food scientist - supervisor/manager who is being sponsor by the bakery (29 employees)? My friend has MS in biology + 4 years exp., just got her PW $23.45/h and the lawyer is no sure if it is possible to apply for Eb2 with this salary.

Any advice? Thanks a lot.

Comment

It's not a matter of whether there was an approved precedent case as long as the employer can justify and document the need for such a position, has the business structure to support it, has the ability to pay the prevailing wage, no US worker has been found, and it would amount to depriving him the ability to compete in the market place if his petition is denied. I think the $23.45/hr salary can't help to justify an EB-2 position.

(Just an opinion - take it or leave it).

Comment

Thank you RN for your answer.

I agree with you. The issue is that a lot of lawyers say that salary under $30/h is unlikely to be approved for EB2. They say that any position with MA/MS (or any position for EB2) should show appropriate salary. The issue is also that the PW is approved for Level 1. Hard to believe that someone who is supposed to supervise 3 other food scientists, must have MS/MA and at least 3 yrs experience is on Level 1!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation