Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In regards to Petition of a spouse I-130?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to Petition of a spouse I-130?

I am a canadian citizen and have known my (husband, whom is an american citizen) for 4 years and approx. one month ago we got married in the united states. I am now coming over to see him with my 3 kids (his step children, 11, 8, and 6). He is then going to petition (file) for a green card for me and the kids. I am wondering what what he must petition for first. And are my kids and I able to stay and reside while this process is in the works?..such as getting the kids into school. I am a nurse and he has good employment and I eventually Iwill want to find work...wondering if that helps the process of things

I am a canadian citizen and have known my (husband, whom is an american citizen) for 4 years and approx. one month ago we got married in the united states. I am now coming over to see him with my 3 kids (his step children, 11, 8, and 6). He is then going to petition (file) for a green card for me and the kids. I am wondering what what he must petition for first. And are my kids and I able to stay and reside while this process is in the works?..such as getting the kids into school. I am a nurse and he has good employment and I eventually Iwill want to find work...wondering if that helps the process of things

Comment

I think this would have been a much easier process had you filed a I-129F prior to getting married. This would have covered both you and the kids. Now that you are already married, I think it depends on your current situation ie; do you and the kids have a current visa of any kind, have you or the kids ever been in the US EWI? Someone else may have much better info on this.

Comment

Christyna,

Congratulations!

What you need to do is, since you are back in Canada and you can no longer cross the border (becuase you will have immigrant intent due to your husband's filing of the I-130) have your husband file for a K3/K4 for your and your children. This is a visa that allows the beneficiary to come to the states to unite with the USC spouse.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation