Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment authorization.

can I apply for work authorization document BEFORE I file for Permanent residency? I cannot find any physician to do my medical exam in time before we go visit my husband's parents who live thousand miles away from us. But I'd like to apply for the work author. document asap, is it possible to apply before? - would our marriage certificate together with the neccessary form be enough for employment authorization? Thanx for answer.

can I apply for work authorization document BEFORE I file for Permanent residency? I cannot find any physician to do my medical exam in time before we go visit my husband's parents who live thousand miles away from us. But I'd like to apply for the work author. document asap, is it possible to apply before? - would our marriage certificate together with the neccessary form be enough for employment authorization? Thanx for answer.

Comment

no - you can't apply for EAD without AOS package.

Comment

When you apply for EAD it must be based upon certain status that allows you to ask or makes you eligible for EAD.
        What is your current status?

Comment

I guess my current status is still visitor (I entered US on visitor's visa) althoug I got married to my b/f last week. But I'm going to apply for AOS, I was just curious if I could base the appl. for EAD on our marriage certificate. Now I know I can't, so it's going to take longer than we thought but I suppose that's the deal that everyone gets when dealing with immigration services. So, it's OK.
          Thank you for your answers and help.

Comment

As non-immigrant tourist you are not entitled to EAD even if your spouse is USC.

You can apply for EAD at the time you send your AOS package, based on pending AOS application.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation