Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Green Card

My conditional green card expires in August. I am told I can apply 90 days before it expires. My 2 years marriage anni was december 2007. Once they get my application do they wait till the expiration date of the GC or do they just approve it as they get it?

What types of evidence do we need to submitt? We have our apartment lease for the past 2 years, lots of pictures, she is my emergency contact at work and I am her's, since we are both professionals we have seperate insurace at work cuz its cheaper, etc?

If they deny for whatever reason what happens after that? Do they call for another interview or what? Some direction and personal experience on this matter would be great. Is it better to involve a lawyer?

Let me ask you this, which are you skeptical that it might get denied? Second, why are you thinking of lawyer so far in advance? Third, if your anniversary was in 12/2007 means you had to apply by 09/2007. Now it is 05/2008 and it is almost 8 months and you haven't heard anything. The timings are some what confusing here.
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by antivirus:
      My conditional green card expires in August. I am told I can apply 90 days before it expires. My 2 years marriage anni was december 2007. Once they get my application do they wait till the expiration date of the GC or do they just approve it as they get it?

What types of evidence do we need to submitt? We have our apartment lease for the past 2 years, lots of pictures, she is my emergency contact at work and I am her's, since we are both professionals we have seperate insurace at work cuz its cheaper, etc?

If they deny for whatever reason what happens after that? Do they call for another interview or what? Some direction and personal experience on this matter would be great. Is it better to involve a lawyer?
      Right now, they are backlogged. It will take about 9 months to process the I-751. What USCIS will do is place a stamp on your passport to extend your conditional green card for up to one year.

My only question is are you self petitioning or joint petition?
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

When does your conditional GC expire?
        You should apply within 90 day window before its' expiration.
        Instructions on the form should tell what evidence is needed.
        Include as much as you have.
        If you bring to your interview a large suitcase full of joint papers, pics and videos it won't hurt.
        If denied I assume they will send a notice and later, if you don't challenge it or request a waiver, they will put you in removal proceedings.
        It's up to you if you want to involve a lawyer.

Good luck,
        E.
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Lot of the conditional removal have happened just by filing. However, USCIS reserves the right to call you and your spouse for in person interview if they deem the marriage is not faithful. As Olde mentioned, just provide every piece of evidence that is stated on the form and you should be OK.

And as Davdah stated, you don't want to hear the outcome if they deny it. If they do, you surely do need a good attorney and have quite an explanation to do.
          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

Comment

WUSC, the filing is to be done 90 days before the conditional green card expires, not 90 days before your second wedding anniversary. As I've pointed out before, the immigration process is drawn out and scary and there is a lot of misinformation on the net. What's wrong with someone asking a question about the process, not because they have something to hide, but because they want to know what to expect? The USCIS has your future in their hands and it's natural and normal for someone to be worried about it, even if they have nothing to fear.

Antivirus, you shouldn't need a lawyer unless there are extenuating circumstances. As Davdah said, send what you have. If they need more they'll send an RFE (Request For Evidence), though if you are required to attend an interview, take everything you have along with you, including photos, evidence of joint tenancy, joint accounts, utility bills and affidavits from friends and family that know you as a couple.

Good luck!
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Here is my opinion.

If you are still married and you file for I-751 and you consider and have the thought "what if they deny" then I personally assume something is wrong. Otherwise,no person with a normal mind would even think about being maybe denied for filing for the I-751 while being married,unless there might be something fishy.

I remember filing for the I-751 while being divorced,and I was 100% sure,I will be approved just for the fact my marriage was real.And I was approved within 8 months,without an interview.

Now as far evidence goes. Imagine U are the officer and U are going to receive a package of I-751 and U have to see and review whats in it to proof the marriage is not only real,but was also entered with love.
              So U have to establish two things here:

1 - Proof you married because of love and love Only. meaning U have to proof your relationship before marriage and all the dating and how u guys decided to get married. This is showing Marriage in good faith.

2 - Proof you are truly married and living together as a normal married couple -
              Proofs: Pictures,pictures pictures from all your time together,prior to marriage,marriage pictures and after marriage picture.Vacation,trips family pictures etc.
              Then U show u guys have financial obligation together - Bills in both names,being on the same car insurance,having the same bank,or joint account. Having the same credit cards and being on eachothers account,and remember,stuff like that needs be going for years.U can not go and add her to your account today and pretend she has been there since day one.They'll know that scam.
              Very important,showing tax returs where filled jointly and shows both names.
              Being on the same house lease,apt lease, showing important bills sent to the same address.
              Afadavits from friends and U.S citizens family members swearing you guys are truly married and their vouch its true.Very important.
              Stuff like that...

Good Luck -

Comment

I've been married for almost 10 years, HBK and I was as nervous as hell when I went for my interview in February. I knew I wouldn't be denied, but it didn't stop the doubts from creeping in and I did ask my husband "What if". Perhaps it was because I was going to the interview without my husband, but I still think it's perfectly natural to be nervous about something so important and to seek clarification on the process.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

The USCIS has your future in their hands and it's natural and normal for someone to be worried about it, even if they have nothing to fear.
                  That quote from Aroha is very true. I'd say if you had no fear at all, weather still married or not, I'd be worried!

I've been in the divorce I-751 club too. Even though I had plenty of evidence of a good faith marriage, I was nervous at the interview. The adjudicating officer should realise this and make some allowances for it unless they are on a power trip or something.
                  "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

1 - Proof you married because of love and love Only. meaning U have to proof your relationship before marriage and all the dating and how u guys decided to get married. This is showing Marriage in good faith.

I am glad you stated that this is your opinion.

For uscis criteria/ standards for bonafide/good faith marriage.. your statement above about love is false.

LOVE is not mandatory nor is it a criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 - Proof you married because of love and love Only. meaning U have to proof your relationship before marriage and all the dating and how u guys decided to get married. This is showing Marriage in good faith.

I am glad you stated that this is your opinion.

For uscis criteria/ standards for bonafide/good faith marriage.. your statement above about love is false.

LOVE is not mandatory nor is it a criteria. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And That Is Why It Is So Easy To Defraud USCIS. A Bonafide Marriage Can Easily Be Constructed By Simply Opening Bank Accounts With Minimum Balance, Having Few Pictures Taken, Some Other Sort Of Bill.

Comment

Hoe do you prove love then WhiteUSC? It's near on impossible to prove it. That said, the Adjudication Officers are trained to spot somebody whose lying by using body language, eye/hand/face movements etc. That and how you answer questions, not just if the answers match. There's more to it than just throwing a few documents down and saying "I love her/him"

I bet if you ask them, they will tell ya that it's obvious within the first 5 mins if it is or was a real marriage or not.
                        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Maybe I sould change my statement from "my opinion to FACT" Mr" whiteUSCNeedsHelp "

My statement about Love is fact Jack...

Let me educate you "white boy"
                          You said "LOVE is not mandatory nor is it a criteria. "

Are you out of your wicked mind?

Unless you don't know what entered in good faith means?

Let me tell you again - Entered into this marriage in good faith means - You entered into this marriage with love and love only,now a uneducated dumb statement like U just gave "love is not mandatory" tells me either U don't know what love is,or you are just plain and simple stupid.

Entered into marriage in good faith means,u marriage for LOVE reasons only,PERIOD.Thats the ONLY thing the INS cares "did u guys get married because of love" and if its really true love,its very very simple to show and proof.
                          Now,U gotta proof,your love was and is real-and since etstablishing that is anyway hard enough u do whatever U gotta do to do this.

Pictures during the whole time while dating,being engaged,family gathering pictures,receipts of gifts givin to eachother etc..showing borthday,x mas cards etc.
                          Wedding pictures,pictures during marriage...
                          showing vacations has been taking together.
                          Showing financial responsobility,such as bank accounts under same name,insurances under same name and account...affadavits written by U.S. citizen's family members explaining and telling the marriage is/was real under oath and the relationship was real and its love etc...Affadvits from U.S. citizens friends,sayign the marriage was real and it was love.
                          Tax Returns filed together...applied for credit togethers...Furniture bought together etc.

Keep in mind those examples I gave here again are also some,that establishes the marriage is real.

Again for everyone:

Bonofide marriage means :
                          The marriage is real and the couple is living like a normal loving married couple,thats shares everyhting together,from trips,banks,insurance,cars...basic life.

Entered in Good Faith means:

Showing and proofing,you married for only love and because of love you married your wife,and not to come here.
                          In order to proof that,evidence of relationship prior to marriage,showing couple dated and visited eachother in their native countries,letters,e mails sent to eahcother,love letters,cards sent,flowers sent,trips taking together as a engaged couple,
                          phone call records,if available...pictures.

Here is an example how someone can not establish the marriage was entered in good faith,pretty much everyhting of the oppositi i listed.
                          Usually,people who have never dated and met before,or people who got married within months of knowing eachother,and never met the US citizens family and stuff...

And I am on this page lately were rarely.
                          But trust me guys, as for the I-751 goes I am a total insider and even an immigration attorney was impressed.

Now for anyone who has doubts. Print what I said in here and give it to your immigration attorney and ask him "is this true what he says about the proofs someone needs to establish,and I garantee you,they say "YES"

And remember,the proof is the same,if you are married or divorced,both waiver and regular i-751 need to establish the proof!

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Hi HBKHBK,
                            I have no doubts about what you're saying, totally agree...
                            Can I ask you a question please? You said you was in divorce process at the moment when you filed the I-751. Did you file the joint petition or by yourself? Did you wait until divorce is final and then filed I-751? And, when your conditional GC expired, did you have any document to prove your legal status?
                            Sorry to ask personal questions. I have to file I-751 in two weeks, but my ****-husband has just filed for divorce and I'm not sure about my rights now.
                            I'll appriciate any advice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                              Maybe I sould change my statement from "my opinion to FACT" Mr" whiteUSCNeedsHelp "

<span class="ev_code_RED"> This is 4now and not WUSC. I am
                              telling you again. IT IS NOT FACT and it is merely your opinion! Now stop with your USUAL misinformation on this board.</span>

My statement about Love is fact Jack...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Your statement is not fact, and you dont know Jack</span>

Let me educate you "white boy"
                              You said "LOVE is not mandatory nor is it a criteria. "
                              <span class="ev_code_RED"> Save your racist comments for another discussionn board. They are not welcome here. Brush up on your cognitive skills, because 4now said, not WUSC.</span>

Are you out of your wicked mind?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I am neither out of my mind nor is it wicked.</span>
                              Unless you don't know what entered in good faith means?

Let me tell you again - Entered into this marriage in good faith means - You entered into this marriage with love and love only,now a uneducated dumb statement like U just gave "love is not mandatory" tells me either U don't know what love is,or you are just plain and simple stupid.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Hmmmm...Uneducated.. stupid you say? For a couple of years now you have been coming to this board and offering misinformed advice as though it is fact when it has merely been your opinion or "the way you see it". Please contain your comments to "It is my opinion" if you dont know or cannot back up your advice. </span>

Entered into marriage in good faith means,u marriage for LOVE reasons only,PERIOD.Thats the ONLY thing the INS cares "did u guys get married because of love" and if its really true love,its very very simple to show and proof.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Completely False. Sir you truly have moronic characteristics</span>

Now,U gotta proof,your love was and is real-and since etstablishing that is anyway hard enough u do whatever U gotta do to do this.

<span class="ev_code_RED">English please</span>

Pictures during the whole time while dating,being engaged,family gathering pictures,receipts of gifts givin to eachother etc..showing borthday,x mas cards etc.
                              Wedding pictures,pictures during marriage...
                              showing vacations has been taking together.
                              Showing financial responsobility,such as bank accounts under same name,insurances under same name and account...affadavits written by U.S. citizen's family members explaining and telling the marriage is/was real under oath and the relationship was real and its love etc...Affadvits from U.S. citizens friends,sayign the marriage was real and it was love.
                              Tax Returns filed together...applied for credit togethers...Furniture bought together etc.

Keep in mind those examples I gave here again are also some,that establishes the marriage is real.

<span class="ev_code_RED">This is excellent advice for proofs offered to uscis for bonafide/good faith marriage. It has nothing to do with love. Once again you continue to spread false information on the affadavits. The affadavits do not have to be from US citizens. YOu have been told about this advising this false information in the past.</span>

Again for everyone:

Bonofide marriage means :
                              The marriage is real and the couple is living like a normal loving married couple,thats shares everyhting together,from trips,banks,insurance,cars...basic life.

<span class="ev_code_red">Wow you got 1 thing right. Amazing</span>

Entered in Good Faith means:

Showing and proofing,you married for only love and because of love you married your wife,and not to come here.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Completely false</span>

In order to proof that,evidence of relationship prior to marriage,showing couple dated and visited eachother in their native countries,letters,e mails sent to eahcother,love letters,cards sent,flowers sent,trips taking together as a engaged couple,
                              phone call records,if available...pictures.

Here is an example how someone can not establish the marriage was entered in good faith,pretty much everyhting of the oppositi i listed.
                              Usually,people who have never dated and met before,or people who got married within months of knowing eachother,and never met the US citizens family and stuff...
                              <span class="ev_code_RED">gibberish</span>

And I am on this page lately were rarely.
                              But trust me guys, as for the I-751 goes I am a total insider and even an immigration attorney was impressed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Legend in your own mind</span>

Now for anyone who has doubts. Print what I said in here and give it to your immigration attorney and ask him "is this true what he says about the proofs someone needs to establish,and I garantee you,they say "YES"

<span class="ev_code_RED">Go ahead folks. An attorney will tell you yes on the type of proofs to submit for uscis criteria. The same attorney will tell you that LOVE is not an uscis criteria.</span>

And remember,the proof is the same,if you are married or divorced,both waiver and regular i-751 need to establish the proof!

Good Luck!!!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Now before I post uscis criteria that will as usual expose you for misrepresenting the facts on this board, I am going to give you your big chance to REDEEM your stupid and uneducated statements. Please show us all of us here on ILW somewhere in the INA or even any statute that says LOVE is a criteria for marriage. We will all be waiting for you to exonerate yourself from not looking like the fool that you have so publicly displayed and depicted here. </span>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation