Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake01:
    Actually, it was the interview for IR1, at the Consulate in my country.
    Sorry Aroha, I wasnt sure[/QUOTE]

No worries. We did try for K3, but by the time we got any response on that, we were almost at the Consulate stage with IR1 and had already paid all the fees.

I should also add that while we provided only our marriage certificate, we were also not sent an RFE.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Originally posted by alcachofa:
      Ok, got ya..
      This forum had started from I-751.. And I'm still there..
      Any ways, "all you need is LOVE"!!!
      ...lol...
      I don't think it really matters when it comes to immigration and the love debate, does it? The requirements for a K1, K3 or CR1/IR1 are the same when it comes to proving your relationship.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Aroha,
        Once again, I respect your opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by alcachofa:
          Aroha,
          Once again, I respect your opinion...
          I love it when someone says that. Means that they don't agree. LOL.

I should have also added that by the time I got to the interview stage, my husband and I had been married for over 9 years, so obviously it was their belief that love was implied and didn't require the evidence they would have if we were newlyweds. It doesn't change the fact that neither of us were actually asked if we were in love.

Comment

It's a good thing she wasn't asked too. There was that whole line of "Love him? God no. I was his mail order bride."
            --------------------
            "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by JermCool:
              It's a good thing she wasn't asked too. There was that whole line of "Love him? God no. I was his mail order bride."
              Just curious ... how did you 2 meet, I dont think Aroha was a mail order bride either LOL!

did you meet over the net?

Comment

Just curious ... how did you 2 meet, I dont think Aroha was a mail order bride either LOL!

did you meet over the net?
                Poor JC was paranoid that I'd make a joke about that, but I didn't get the chance. I wasn't asked anything! LOL.

We actually met about 10 1/2 years ago in a Yahoo! chat room called "Love Stinks".

Comment

I did wonder? thats how I actually met my hubby, only it was in MSN Grapevine, about 7 years ago..

Its funny how people say oh be careful about online romances they never come of anything, yet most of the people I have talked to... there marraige has last for years.

Comment

I did wonder? thats how I actually met my hubby, only it was in MSN Grapevine, about 7 years ago..

Its funny how people say oh be careful about online romances they never come of anything, yet most of the people I have talked to... there marraige has last for years.
                    It doesn't work for everyone. I know a couple of our online friends back then were buoyed by our success and jumped in to relationships too, all of which failed spectacularly.

Yes, he and I didn't necessarily know everything about each other and we married exactly a week after meeting in person, but we were determined to make it work. Too many people give up at the first sign of trouble and take the easy way out instead of sticking around and working it out.

Comment

pushing this thread up

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs