Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aroha:
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">The Immigration Officer didn't ask me if I was in love with my husband.</span>

The Immigration Officer asked me..to tell the story of our love, and the word LOVE was pronounced clearly.

Comment

Maybe he was writing a romance novel and needed new material?
      --------------------
      "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
        What if one fell madly in love with ones' spouse AFTER entering the marriage?
        Would that be considered a marriage not entered in good faith and thus subject to charges of fraud?
        Welcome back solaris

How was your vacation.

Back in time to cause a lil trouble eh.

As you know, it happens very often after an arranged marriage that the two fall madly in love. Afer all, their parents arranged it, and you would want the best match for your son or daughter right?

What's love got to do with it? According to uscis.. nothing.. and we both know that you already know that.

Marriage cannot be entered into for the Sole purpose of obtaining green card benefit.

partial yes... sole no.

4uE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you 4now.
        Vacation was good, kids had the most thrilling fun.

Nah, not here to cause trouble, just curious and asking hypothetical questions.

Another question to ask is what the definition of "Love" is?
        This is not a word-play but a real question.
        Read this and share your opinions if you care to
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<span class="ev_code_RED">Maybe he was writing a romance novel and needed new material?</span>

...lol... Whatever he was doing, the word LOVE was pronounced.. And that's it.

Comment

know it makes sense in that context, but the reality is, that they don't actually ask you about love. They ask you to prove you entered in to your marriage in good faith.

Guess it's an argue on principle. Maybe? LOL.
            Aroha, there are couples with all those thick
            documents and evidence that they brought to the interview .... USCIS official only ask one tricky question. Sometimes they won't even look at those evidence.

Both here have a point.

USCIS needs proof of evidence you need to follow the basic procedure... and it doesn't
            mentioned the word love in general.

But if your spouse doesn't love you...
            I don't think he will add your name on the house
            lease , or Car lease etc. I dunno about the others but I won't lol

but why do two people get married?

In my own opinion marrying for the sole purpose
            of just obtaining a greencard is a fraud.

Comment

You won't get any disagreement out of me (or her most likely, but she's at work). And if, by chance, the USCIS officer asks if you're in love and you have to lie about it, that's perjury. But it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and honestly, if you do get asked about your love life, how will the USCIS prove otherwise if you have enough documentation to substantiate the lie?
              --------------------
              "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You won't get any disagreement out of me (or her most likely, but she's at work). And if, by chance, the USCIS officer asks if you're in love and you have to lie about it, that's perjury. But it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and honestly, if you do get asked about your love life, how will the USCIS prove otherwise if you have enough documentation to substantiate the lie?
                I think in most cases that they doubt it...
                they go on a fraud interview where two couple are on a seperate rooms, They asked more intimate questions.

But like I said.. both here have points.
                4Now stated the general requirements
                the other one stated the real purpose of getting married.

But I will rather marry the man I love thou.

I was married 6 years and I still find my hubby
                the cutest guy in the world LMAO!

Comment

Even in case of arranged marriage, who will notify the USCIS that the marriage is arranged? Nobody.. and in case the officer asks 'are you in love with your spouse?' your answer will be 'Yes'
                  Lets be realistic..

Comment

Good job magic little bu.mble bee.
                    Speedy quote
                    Both here have a point.

USCIS needs proof of evidence you need to follow the basic procedure... and it doesn't

<span class="ev_code_RED"> Where is the point of the other in regards to uscis guidelines? This is the only point relative to the conversation of uscis guidelines and correcting false information given by HBK in this thread. In fact Uscis guidelines do not mention the word love at all.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">People get married for many different reasons. ... companionship, money, admiral qualities, desire to be parents.. etc. Everybody doesnt just fall in love and get married. People have many different criteria for marriage... and uscis agrees and accepts that .</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">you are not alone in that opinion, Speedy, Uscis agrees that it cannot be SOLELY for the greencard benefit,, or it is deemed as fraud.</span>

@ OldE

What is love?
                    There are always many types of love and is
                    defined by it's various definitions and characteristics.

However, love does not have anything to do with uscis policy in deciding criteria for a marriage to gain benefit for a greencard.
                    Just ask Senator Uzimere.

Comment

OMG, ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Comment

However, love does not have anything to do with uscis policy in deciding criteria for a marriage to gain benefit for a greencard.
                        4now wins the internet.
                        --------------------

Comment

roflmao

Comment

This forum calls Immigration Discussion.
                            Lets be realistic. In any type of marriage- companionship, money, admiral qualities, desire to be parents.. etc.- if IO asks you (he definitely has the right to ask) 'are you in love with your spouse?', anyone will say 'YES'. Period. Without any additional explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
                              Good job magic little bu.mble bee.
                              Speedy quote
                              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Both here have a point.

<span class="ev_code_RED"> Where is the point of the other in regards to uscis guidelines? This is the only point relative to the conversation of uscis guidelines and correcting false information given by HBK in this thread. In fact Uscis guidelines do not mention the word love at all.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">People get married for many different reasons. ... companionship, money, admiral qualities, desire to be parents.. etc. Everybody doesnt just fall in love and get married. People have many different criteria for marriage... and uscis agrees and accepts that .</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">you are not alone in that opinion, Speedy, Uscis agrees that it cannot be SOLELY for the greencard benefit,, or it is deemed as fraud.</span>

@ OldE

What is love?
                              There are always many types of love and is
                              defined by it's various definitions and characteristics.

Just ask Senator Uzimere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is love?

BTW, I just called and asked Senator Uzimere the same question.
                              He cursed me with the baddest slang I ever heard, just because I called him past 11PM (Nigerian time).
                              I may have to try again later, may be tomorrow morning, before it gets too late there.

Now, what does love and uscis have to do with Senator Uzimere, that's the question I would like to ask you
                              http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Originally posted by alcachofa:
                                This forum calls Immigration Discussion.
                                Lets be realistic. In any type of marriage- companionship, money, admiral qualities, desire to be parents.. etc.- if IO asks you (he definitely has the right to ask) 'are you in love with your spouse?', anyone will say 'YES'. Period. Without any additional explanation.
                                I must admit, the Immigration Officer did not ask either of us if we were in love, only how we met.

It would be interesting to see how many people were asked if they love one another at an interview?

I think the I/O can tell from the couple , how they act with one another if they are in love, or if it's a farce. Altho, sometimes there has been good actors that slip thru the system.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation