Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please! New user!

Hi everyone! i'm new around here so let me explain my situation.

I'm a 20 year old male from the United Kingdom. Im about to graduate from studying in england. I have worked in America in the summer of 2006 and 2007 on J1 temporary working visas. I worked for a huge, well known and popular international company. I have a clean record and did not get into any trouble! I also have a social security card and number.

I would love to go back to work for the company in America once i have finished school on a more permenant basis. Unfortunatly they don't sponser long term visas, only visas for students in the summer break.

But, my sister was born in America, and has an American passport, american birth certificate, social security number etc etc. She does not currently live in America, she lives in england, but as she was born there, she is a US Citizen.

Now i know that she can sponser me, (i have the i-130 form) and i know about the 10 year + wait. Will the wait be any less if i have already had 2 visas, got a social security number and lived in the country already?

If i wait the 10 years, this means i wont have the visa until im 30, and hopefully by that time i should have a secure job in England anyway.

So, another question would be, is there another way to get a permanent (or even for a few years) working visa, so i can go to America, at least for a while to work?

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone! i'm new around here so let me explain my situation.

I'm a 20 year old male from the United Kingdom. Im about to graduate from studying in england. I have worked in America in the summer of 2006 and 2007 on J1 temporary working visas. I worked for a huge, well known and popular international company. I have a clean record and did not get into any trouble! I also have a social security card and number.

I would love to go back to work for the company in America once i have finished school on a more permenant basis. Unfortunatly they don't sponser long term visas, only visas for students in the summer break.

But, my sister was born in America, and has an American passport, american birth certificate, social security number etc etc. She does not currently live in America, she lives in england, but as she was born there, she is a US Citizen.

Now i know that she can sponser me, (i have the i-130 form) and i know about the 10 year + wait. Will the wait be any less if i have already had 2 visas, got a social security number and lived in the country already?

If i wait the 10 years, this means i wont have the visa until im 30, and hopefully by that time i should have a secure job in England anyway.

So, another question would be, is there another way to get a permanent (or even for a few years) working visa, so i can go to America, at least for a while to work?

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Last time I looked it was a bit more than 10 years, no queue jumping.

Plus she would need to be US resident to sponsor you.

Has she been filing her taxes with the IRS?

Plenty of other options, the obvious ones:

Find some othe employer to sonsor you for a H visa and keep you fingers crosed.

Ge a job with a company that will transfer you to their US company.

Marr a nice USC, actually no need to be nice.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation