Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US-VISITOR VISA CANCELLED

I'VE LEFT SOME BUSINESS PENDING IN THE US AND I OVERSTAYED MORE THAN AN YEAR. THE CONSULATE HERE IN MY COUNTRY HAS MAIL ME A LETTER SAYING THEY CANCELLED MY VISA, BUT I STILL HAVE IT IN MY OLD PASSPORT. AM I GOING TO BE STOPPED AT THE CUSTOMS IF I TRAVEL FROM HERE TO THE US. I'M NO TERRORIST, NEITHER PEOPLE FROM MY COUNTRY. I JUST NEED TO FINISH WHAT I HAD STARTED THERE. CAN THE IMMIGRATION CHECK THAT OUT, EVEN THOUGH I LEFT THROUGH CANADA WITH NO EXIT RECORD, CAN THEY PUT ME IN A JAIL FOR THAT AND SEND ME BACK HERE? ALL THIS DISCUSSIONS OVER FELONY DUE TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS SCARY...HAS ANYBODY DONE THAT BEFORE?

I'VE LEFT SOME BUSINESS PENDING IN THE US AND I OVERSTAYED MORE THAN AN YEAR. THE CONSULATE HERE IN MY COUNTRY HAS MAIL ME A LETTER SAYING THEY CANCELLED MY VISA, BUT I STILL HAVE IT IN MY OLD PASSPORT. AM I GOING TO BE STOPPED AT THE CUSTOMS IF I TRAVEL FROM HERE TO THE US. I'M NO TERRORIST, NEITHER PEOPLE FROM MY COUNTRY. I JUST NEED TO FINISH WHAT I HAD STARTED THERE. CAN THE IMMIGRATION CHECK THAT OUT, EVEN THOUGH I LEFT THROUGH CANADA WITH NO EXIT RECORD, CAN THEY PUT ME IN A JAIL FOR THAT AND SEND ME BACK HERE? ALL THIS DISCUSSIONS OVER FELONY DUE TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS SCARY...HAS ANYBODY DONE THAT BEFORE?

Comment

Cancelled Visa = can't come to US.

Comment

Apply for a new Visa

Comment

Here's an idea, apply for a temp. biz visa. Immigration is not scary, as long as you go through the process legally. What did you do to get your first visa? Do that again.

Comment

It does not matter that you still have it in you old passport. It is invalid now. THey will know

Comment

I'M FATHERED BY THE 245-I, BUT I WAS IN THE BACKLOG AT THE NY LABOR DEPT. IS THERE ANY USE OF THAT?

Comment

ANTIFACIST1 SAID I CAN'T GO TO THE US...IS THAT TRUE? IF THEY KNOW I OVERSTAYED THEY WON'T GRANT ME A NEW VISA

Comment

Who knows - possibly. Your best bet is to apply for a new visa in a category you qualify for - that is the best.

Comment

You overstayed more than one year and you're now subject to the ban of 212(a)(9) (10-year ban). You could request the non-immigrant waiver, but since you appear to have an outstanding immigrant visa petition that could be seen as immigrant intent (but see Matter of Battista)... You "could" prove that you have no immigrant intent by showing some evidence of extremelly strong ties to your country and how things have changed since you applied for your immigrant visa. Please understand, this is NOT legal advice, just a personal comment based on your post.
                    You need to talk to a very good lawyer, a real good one.

Comment

meekas the visa cheat: no embassy will give you another one. You have already demonstrated that you cannot be trusted with the visa privilege. No phony "business" visa request will be approved. You are barred for (most likely) 10 years...too bad. We have rules for a reason, Mr. Visa Cheat, and they are there to punish irresponsible lowlifes like you.

Comment

DREAM ON IT, YOU FREAKING B I A T CH, GO GET YOUR A$$ BANGED BY TWO ILLEGALS(IT'S CHEAPER FOR YOU THAN AMERICAN GO GOS) SO YOU CAN FEEL MORE REFRESHED FROM YOUR MENOPAUSE WHEN YOU WRITE INSULTING POSTINGS TO US. SICK STUPID,GO FIND YOUR BROOM!

Comment

THANX, HOUSTON, I'LL SEEK LEGAL ADVICE AND TRY THE RIGHT WAY!

Comment

please, waste your money on some attorney....I hope you spend thousands because then you will find out that a lawyer cannot do $hit.
                            You are barred, enjoy life wherever you are (just not in the US)...you are just a visa cheat, and the embassy won't fall for some phony business trip..and yes, they will know you overstayed, dufus, and that will be the end of any visa request.....but don't believe me, just hire some immigration attorney and after shelling out a ton of cash, see what you get (hint: nothing)

Comment

Interesting MATTER OF FACT (Read Department of State Cables sent to US embassies in 1997, just after enactment of 1996 law):

Department of State had actually advised Consulate workers not to dig too deep into particulars of applicants previous visit to US, unless there was obvious evidence of overstay in past (like stamps in passport and etc.)

So, if one reads those Cables attentively and critically it almost appears as if Department of State was asking it's employees to be lenient and not enforce to the fullest the 1996 law with regards to applicants who may have been overstays in past but do not provide clear evidence of the same.

This policy stayed the same until after 911 terrorist attacks and only later did US introduce US-VISIT and other measures to make sure that the person wouldn't be able to violate terms of his/her visa and come back again.

As far as "VISA has been cancelled", it's clear that one can't travel with cancelled visa even if it's not stamped with black diagonal line in the passport. That "VISA" no longer exists.
                              Although (who knows ) there could be cracks and breaches there too that would allow someone to pass through occassionally, but given the graveness of consequences for attempting or entering US while inadmissible I would say that only a fool will try to do so.

Right peocedure is to go to US Eembassy and apply for Visa (there is no other option one has once out of the US and without Visa).
                              Then , once denied, see if there is waiver available for grounds of inadmissibility that you are denied for.
                              Eventually you will either be granted or denied visa.

IE

P.S. NOW ISN'T IMMIGRATION REALLY COMPLICATED MATTER?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation