Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moondin & Others! It is just the DUI.

We went to the Lawyers Yesterday, and She said That they are ONLY charging my Canadian friend with the Misdemeanor Dui. No Overstay, no intentional immigrate, nada. She said it is typical for ICE to check out Non-citizens in local jails. The problem was that the first Lawyer never informed him of that, so he could be prepared. She said by Law, he should of had a bond hearing in 72hrs, instead of 17 days. She also said it was a garbage case, and couldn't understand why they were wasting their time on this one. I couldn't either. But you did state in one of your posts about the massive illegals down here, and the ICE sweeps. Oh well, its about the best news I've heard in a long time! Oh and the Lawyer dropped her fee in half!

We went to the Lawyers Yesterday, and She said That they are ONLY charging my Canadian friend with the Misdemeanor Dui. No Overstay, no intentional immigrate, nada. She said it is typical for ICE to check out Non-citizens in local jails. The problem was that the first Lawyer never informed him of that, so he could be prepared. She said by Law, he should of had a bond hearing in 72hrs, instead of 17 days. She also said it was a garbage case, and couldn't understand why they were wasting their time on this one. I couldn't either. But you did state in one of your posts about the massive illegals down here, and the ICE sweeps. Oh well, its about the best news I've heard in a long time! Oh and the Lawyer dropped her fee in half!

Comment

That's what i figured. I have never heard of a court take in a Canadian as an overstay if there's no record anywhere the INS can _prove_ he is an overstay. If the INS has no way to build a case, what's the point? "Just because we think so" isn't government proof.

Anyways, innocent until _proven_ guilty. W/o an I-94, they have nothing. Unless they caught him working at a subway or something obvious like that.

Glad to hear that. Yep, like i said, it was just a dragnet and the officer after hearing whatever he said -- just followed standard operating procedures (SOP) and took him in.

Once the dust settled and someone above that officer looked at the details -- they dropped the case.

Next time he gets a DUI (hopefully never!) and an INS guy talks to him. His only duty is to say "Canadian tourist, undocumented B2 visitor" and say nothing more. Legally that's all he has to say once he's already in the country.

Now you're free to marry the bugger.

-= nav =-

Comment

If he were to get ANOTHER Dui, He better stay in jail! What would be waiting for him once out, will be far too worse than he's ever seen!

In a recent Channel 4 news broadcast, it was announced that Lorena Bobbitt's sister Louella was arrested for an alleged attempt to perform the same act on her husband as her famous sister had done several years ago. Sources reveal the sister was not as accurate as Lorena.

She allegedly missed the target and stabbed her husband in the upper thigh causing severe muscle and tendon damage. The husband is reported to be in serious, but stable condition, and Louella has been charged with .

A Misdewiener!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed