DREAM Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <span class="ev_code_red">I am very well aware of how fafsa works. There are a great number of illegals masquerading with legal social security numbers and names. They of course do not belong to the individual that is applying for benefit. This is how many times the system is overcome. SSD is alledgely scrutinized in the same manner. not necesarily against the uscis database, but the social security database for sure. The system is not that sophisticated in case you didnt know, and I am not trying to make it public about the imperfections. If you are claiming to be usc and name soc # and dob match, then most likely it is a go. There would have to be a more comprehensive system in place than what we use now to ensure that ineligible recipients will not benefit.
    </span>
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, 4now, you do NOT know how FAFSA works or else you wouldn't say such a nonsence. I suggest you to go to fafsa.gov and read the instructions on it.

In the meantime let me repeat it fer ya, since you seem to be willfully turning this subject upside down , regardless of what the facts are.

First, it is NOT JUST SSD datavbase, it is in fact primarily the USCIS DATABASE that FAFSA will automatically check your records against, because even if you have valid EAD and SSN and check with SSD you may still be ineligible to receive FAFSA. Therefore their determination is based above all on USCIS records, even though they do madatory SSD record checks as well, because you must have the SS number to be considered for the benefit.

The Federal Aid For Students programs are NOT run like your local State Social Services programs.
    To know it you would have to know it.

Instead you chose to make Limbastic assumptions and unload your usual baloneys to serve the purpose of your argument. Unfortunately fer ya i know too well how FAFSA works and therefore any attempt to pass Limbastic tall tales for facts won't pass with me

As to stealing an identity to get a FAFSA , that would be the most idiotic thing anyone could ever do. You would in effect be going to school to earn degree for someone else whose identity you have stolen.
    What d.umba.ss illegal would steal other's ID in order to get into Harward and earn PhD on "victims'" behalf?

So, as i explained above, the FAFSA is sophisticated enough to prevent illegals from applying for it.
    It is just you don't know it (not a surprise there) or you know it and just being Limbastic about it since it serves the purpose of your argument
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But since you ask.. I am perfectly capable of managing my finances. Who in their right mind would entrust their money to this government if they had a choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you would vote for Sharron Angle then?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Brit... what is wrong with you?? You are scarry lately . Because I feel I am capable of handling my own finances, and that just happens also to be the opinion of Sharon Angle then I must want to vote for Sharon Angle Brit , come back to earth</span>

That's about right after all you are her core voter. Ignorant, ill-informed Tea Partier who hates Government and would happily have private companies running everything, and I mean everything which can only lead to corruption and special interests running the show.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Brit, I am afraid the real ignorance here is sadly starting to show . These things that you speak of are already happening within the gobvernment. The greed and corruption have always allowed special interest to run the show. Where have you been? Should I name names? A lot of them are dems u know

</span>

I thought you were better than that 4now but I see you are a davdah.

<span class="ev_code_RED">A davdah eh. What is that? I spent endless search on the web googling Davdah yet to no avail, I could not find definition of a davdah,. Somehow, I dont think you are giving me a compliment. </span>

Oh geez.Now look what you've done. [

Awwww..You made Davdah cry . It's all your fault Brit. You made me google Davdah so that I would be like the rest of you guys. You tricked me didn't you and I bet you have been stealing the strawberries too!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
        I am very well aware of how fafsa works. There are a great number of illegals masquerading with legal social security numbers and names. They of course do not belong to the individual that is applying for benefit. This is how many times the system is overcome. SSD is alledgely scrutinized in the same manner. not necesarily against the uscis database, but the social security database for sure. The system is not that sophisticated in case you didnt know, and I am not trying to make it public about the imperfections. If you are claiming to be usc and name soc # and dob match, then most likely it is a go. There would have to be a more comprehensive system in place than what we use now to ensure that ineligible recipients will not benefit.
        </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, 4now, you do NOT know how FAFSA works or else you wouldn't say such a nonsence. I suggest you to go to fafsa.gov and read the instructions on it.

In the meantime let me repeat it fer ya, since you seem to be willfully turning this subject upside down , regardless of what the facts are.

First, it is NOT JUST SSD datavbase, it is in fact primarily the USCIS DATABASE that FAFSA will automatically check your records against, because even if you have valid EAD and SSN and check with SSD you may still be ineligible to receive FAFSA. Therefore their determination is based above all on USCIS records, even though they do madatory SSD record checks as well, because you must have the SS number to be considered for the benefit.

The Federal Aid For Students programs are NOT run like your local State Social Services programs.

Instead you chose to make Limbastic assumptions and unload your usual baloneys to serve the purpose of your argument. Unfortunately fer ya i know too well how FAFSA works and therefore any attempt to pass Limbastic tall tales for facts won't pass with me

<span class="ev_code_RED">You just think you do and you are either very naive or have no clue or both.</span>

As to stealing an identity to get a FAFSA , that would be the most idiotic thing anyone could ever do. You would in effect be going to school to earn degree for someone else whose identity you have stolen.
        What d.umba.ss illegal would steal other's ID in order to get into Harward and earn PhD on "victims'" behalf?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Umm ... maybe because they have been living with the false id a long time and will continue to.</span>

So, as i explained above, the FAFSA is sophisticated enough to prevent illegals from applying for it.
        It is just you don't know it (not a surprise there) or you know it and just being Limbastic about it since it serves the purpose of your argument

<span class="ev_code_RED">Really lol. Yep.. surrre it is wink wink. BTW, here is some more reading for you that will show how secure the uscis system is for checking for validity.

It is not that difficult if you know what the limitations are and how to get around them.

Sorry to burst your bubble of the omnipotent and all knowing secure usa.
        </span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should make us feel reaaal secure and have a lot of faith in the federal system

source
        Texas city supports fake high school student
        Dillard graduate Guerdwich Montimere, who posed as a teen in Texas, posted bail Wednesday
        May 13, 2010|By Christy Cabrera Chirinos, Mike Clary and Shandel Richardson, Sun Sentinel
        ODESSA, TEXAS — At the small church at the outskirts of town, where he has worshiped for months, they still call him Jerry.
        Doesn't matter that Tuesday, the community of Odessa learned that Jerry Joseph was actually Guerdwich Montimere, a 2007 Dillard High School graduate posing as a sophomore at Permian High.
        At the Mission Dorado Baptist Church, where framed photos of Permian athletes, touting accomplishments, rested on tables, the focus was positive.
        Folks didn't have much to say about the fact Montimere, 22, had been charged with presenting false identification to a police officer or that he had been released from the Ector County Detention Center early Wednesday on $500 bail

"I want people to know we still love Jerry," the Rev. Philip J. Skelton said after an hourlong Bible study attended by a few dozen. "We prayed for him this evening. I really have nothing else to say."
        For much of the day, there had been hope that Montimere would return to the weekly Bible study where he had become a regular.
        That wasn't to be.
        Instead, Montimere — whose whereabouts remain unknown — told a friend not to expect him.
        "He sounded pretty sad," Trevor Humphrey said. "He's still going by Jerry. It's all kind of a shock."
        Maurie Bratcher, a student ministries coordinator who leads the Bible study, said she "was sad more than surprised."
        "We have supported Jerry, and we still do. We know he needs to make amends and tell the truth," she said.
        The life of deception that Montimere had been leading in west Texas began to unravel about two weeks ago, when the Sun Sentinel and the Odessa American newspaper received anonymous tips that Joseph was really Montimere.
        After a preliminary investigation, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials decided Joseph and Montimere were not the same person.

<span class="ev_code_red">But on Tuesday, they reversed that opinion after matching fingerprints on an application for immigration benefits.</span>
        Bratcher, 26, who several times went to basketball games to watch the player she knew as Jerry, said that three weeks ago she sensed that her young parishioner was troubled.
        After returning from a trip to an AAU basketball tournament in Arkansas, Bratcher said Jerry "shared there were some allegations coming out, on Facebook, and other places, and that he was getting harassed, and under a lot of pressure.
        "I think it was really weighing on him, 'How to undo a year of lies?'"

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
          I am very well aware of how fafsa works. There are a great number of illegals masquerading with legal social security numbers and names. They of course do not belong to the individual that is applying for benefit. This is how many times the system is overcome. SSD is alledgely scrutinized in the same manner. not necesarily against the uscis database, but the social security database for sure. The system is not that sophisticated in case you didnt know, and I am not trying to make it public about the imperfections. If you are claiming to be usc and name soc # and dob match, then most likely it is a go. There would have to be a more comprehensive system in place than what we use now to ensure that ineligible recipients will not benefit.
          </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">You just think you do and you are either very naive or have no clue or both.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Umm ... maybe because they have been living with the false id a long time and will continue to.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Really lol. Yep.. surrre it is wink wink. BTW, here is some more reading for you that will show how secure the uscis system is for checking for validity.

It is not that difficult if you know what the limitations are and how to get around them.

Sorry to burst your bubble of the omnipotent and all knowing secure usa.
          </span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should make us feel reaaal secure and have a lot of faith in the federal system

source
          Texas city supports fake high school student
          Dillard graduate Guerdwich Montimere, who posed as a teen in Texas, posted bail Wednesday
          May 13, 2010|By Christy Cabrera Chirinos, Mike Clary and Shandel Richardson, Sun Sentinel
          ODESSA, TEXAS — At the small church at the outskirts of town, where he has worshiped for months, they still call him Jerry.
          Doesn't matter that Tuesday, the community of Odessa learned that Jerry Joseph was actually Guerdwich Montimere, a 2007 Dillard High School graduate posing as a sophomore at Permian High.
          At the Mission Dorado Baptist Church, where framed photos of Permian athletes, touting accomplishments, rested on tables, the focus was positive.
          Folks didn't have much to say about the fact Montimere, 22, had been charged with presenting false identification to a police officer or that he had been released from the Ector County Detention Center early Wednesday on $500 bail

"I want people to know we still love Jerry," the Rev. Philip J. Skelton said after an hourlong Bible study attended by a few dozen. "We prayed for him this evening. I really have nothing else to say."
          For much of the day, there had been hope that Montimere would return to the weekly Bible study where he had become a regular.
          That wasn't to be.
          Instead, Montimere — whose whereabouts remain unknown — told a friend not to expect him.
          "He sounded pretty sad," Trevor Humphrey said. "He's still going by Jerry. It's all kind of a shock."
          Maurie Bratcher, a student ministries coordinator who leads the Bible study, said she "was sad more than surprised."
          "We have supported Jerry, and we still do. We know he needs to make amends and tell the truth," she said.
          The life of deception that Montimere had been leading in west Texas began to unravel about two weeks ago, when the Sun Sentinel and the Odessa American newspaper received anonymous tips that Joseph was really Montimere.
          After a preliminary investigation, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials decided Joseph and Montimere were not the same person.

<span class="ev_code_red">But on Tuesday, they reversed that opinion after matching fingerprints on an application for immigration benefits.</span>
          Bratcher, 26, who several times went to basketball games to watch the player she knew as Jerry, said that three weeks ago she sensed that her young parishioner was troubled.
          After returning from a trip to an AAU basketball tournament in Arkansas, Bratcher said Jerry "shared there were some allegations coming out, on Facebook, and other places, and that he was getting harassed, and under a lot of pressure.
          "I think it was really weighing on him, 'How to undo a year of lies?'" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And where,4now, does it say that Jerry or whatever his real name is, applied and received FAFSA aid? Hmm?

Mullah Limbaugh would be proud of you, 4now!

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And where,4now, does it say that Jerry or whatever his real name is, applied and received FAFSA aid? Hmm?

Mullah Limbaugh would be proud of you, 4now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WEll, it doesn't, but then again we are not speaking about him receiving FAFSA aid now are we. I am just pointing out that he could have not once, but twice even. And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for those pesky kids.

This is because the only real check uscis has is fingerprint system. (REmember that was part of my proposal for the everify database)

Good thing they caught him. Hmmm. that would be at minimum a $10,000 dollar give away with 2 pell grants and other goodies. NOw I dont know if he is "an illegal" , but he sure as h.ell is not legit. Gotta go Looks like another long Dinner nite with my peeps. Dont wait up 4me

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This should make us feel reaaal secure and have a lot of faith in the federal system </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you think that Sharron Angle et al will do a better job?? All that would happen IF the States Rights lot get their way is that instead of one Federal Government being corrupt and having special interests, you'll have 50 individual State Governments doing it.

Watch out for Sharron Angle and the other Tea Partiers who might get elected (heaven forbid!) build their own little empires within their own State and then get voted out because they've become exactly what they hated about "Big Government" in the first place, namely corruption and dealing with special interests. You'll just exchange one problem for 50 other ones.

Aside the issue that Sharron doesn't have the faintest clue about how the Federal Government works. She thinks it's not a Senator's job to create jobs in her State She's a fruitloop!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Brit... what is wrong with you?? You are scarry lately . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad I'm scaring you because it means I must have hit a nerve
              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And where,4now, does it say that Jerry or whatever his real name is, applied and received FAFSA aid? Hmm?

Mullah Limbaugh would be proud of you, 4now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WEll, it doesn't, but then again we are not speaking about him receiving FAFSA aid now are we. I am just pointing out that he could have not once, but twice even. And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for those pesky kids.

This is because the only real check uscis has is fingerprint system. (REmember that was part of my proposal for the everify database)

Good thing they caught him. Hmmm. that would be at minimum a $10,000 dollar give away with 2 pell grants and other goodies. NOw I dont know if he is "an illegal" , but he sure as h.ell is not legit. Gotta go Looks like another long Dinner nite with my peeps. Dont wait up 4me
                </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. We were talking specifically about FAFSA benefits, 4now, as one of the benefits that illegals (per your suggestion) get as easily as regular welfare benefits.

2. Is "Jerry Joseph" a USC or eligible to receive a FAFSA aid immigrant?
                Just because USCIS determined that Jerry Joseph is not the same name as Guerdwich Montimere,doesn't mean they had confirmed that Jerry Jones was a Citizen or that they even had any records of such individual. The article says that they only "decided" that two were not same.
                Now, if i am USCIS and somebody asks "Is Donald Duck the same character as Tom?" and i answer "NO" does it mean that i confirm that Tom is USC or eligible to receive FAFSA benefits?

3. Even if Guerdwich Montimere went to school , received FAFSA aid and graduated as Jerry Joseph (something that didn't happen, but we will just suppose it did for the argument's sake) how would it benefit Guerdwich Montimere?
                How long, for how many years could Guerdwich Montimere work in professional field as Jerry Joseph without someone finding out that Jerry Joseph is actually someone else?

How many illegals would go to such extreme lengths to get a FAFSA benefit , 4now? It's only like $4000 per year for Pell Grant and some more for State or private colleges, and you don't even get the money because it's paid direct to school.

Limbastik 4now

Comment

Ok, lets have everything done by private companies then...

Enjoy sending that $5 first class letter from Charlotte to Greensboro NC. Bask in such delights when being asked "do you have Visa?" for the fire service when your house just burnt to the ground. Feel good about your "personalized account" when just as you approach retirement, your 401k stock tanks. Thinks it's just great when the US Army is contracted for a war in Outer Mongolia because some multi-national company wants to takeover the local government so that they can control the market in copper and in the process starts a war with China.

People's lives will be so much better when decisions are made by those non-partisan, independent private companies

Repeat the neo-con far Right mantra of "Private good, public bad..Private good, public bad..Private good, public bad"
                  "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Just read your posts S12 what can I say except EXCELLENT, OUTSTADING, AS USUAL NO BAD DREAM ACT TODAY, NOT TOMORROW, NOT EVER!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This should make us feel reaaal secure and have a lot of faith in the federal system </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you think that Sharron Angle et al will do a better job?? All that would happen IF the States Rights lot get their way is that instead of one Federal Government being corrupt and having special interests, you'll have 50 individual State Governments doing it.

Watch out for Sharron Angle and the other Tea Partiers who might get elected (heaven forbid!) build their own little empires within their own State and then get voted out because they've become exactly what they hated about "Big Government" in the first place, namely corruption and dealing with special interests. You'll just exchange one problem for 50 other ones.

Aside the issue that Sharron doesn't have the faintest clue about how the Federal Government works. She thinks it's not a Senator's job to create jobs in her State She's a fruitloop!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Brit... what is wrong with you?? You are scarry lately . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad I'm scaring you because it means I must have hit a nerve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO Brit, not by any means. I am speaking about your incoherent thinking displayed in your writings lately when speaking on a topic. And what is with this Sharon Angle person that you seem obsessed with

Comment

Glad I'm scaring you because it means I must have hit a nerve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO Brit, not by any means. I am speaking about your incoherent thinking displayed in your writings lately when speaking on a topic. And what is with this Sharon Angle person that you seem obsessed with </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave Brit alone. I suspect he is just another straw man here, helping you sound more reasonable in comparison

Comment

No straw here. Check out Sharron Angle then tell me if you still think she's not a fruit loop.

Comment

She definitely is a fruit loop. But then you make a bigger fruit loop of yourself in process of critisising her , which makes me wonder who are you really out to make a fruit loop of.

Comment

Careful OldE you might be getting the IP disease I am nothing but me, myself, I. WYSISYG. I am free to criticize whom I like. In this case it's run-from-the-media Sharron Angle. The reason I chose Sharron was to highlight the kind of person 4now will vote for therefore reflecting his own thinking. Mullah Limbaugh would be proud of me I'm sure

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mullah Limbaugh would be proud of me I'm sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure of that too

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation