DREAM Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <span class="ev_code_RED">I didnt know you had a learning disabilty E. Slowly I wil repeat for you... She is an illegal yet she managed somehow to receive federal benefits of SSD. Care to explain? </span>
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[B]I understand that she is an illegal alien who got some benefits as an illegal alien.[b] It doesn't take an Einstein to understand that.
    What i question is: what relevance does Obama's aunt have to DREAM ACT and it's beneficiaries? Why is she even mentioned here?

<span class="ev_code_red">Good I am glad you understand that she received a federal benefit while being an illegal.
    Here is the reason she is mentioned. You should follow the thread a little more carefully.</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Originally posted by Brit4064:</span>
    Nope, wrong davdah and 4now. As OldE pointed out to davdah in another thread a while ago, classroom seats are not taken by illegals, at least in further education because in most States they can only go to college as Out of State status which means the college actually benefits from them in extra revenue and<span class="ev_code_BLUE"> getting FAFSA benefits as an illegal is impossible to do now. </span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Response from 4now:</span>
    "really impossible you say? Obama's aunt is an illegal and she is collecting disability. How did that happen?"

<span class="ev_code_red">
    Now listen and comprehend very carefully.

Brit said it was impossible for illegals to collect FAFSA because it is a federal benefit.

SSD is a federal benefit which illegals are not supposed to be able to collect.

Voila... Obama's aunt is an illegal and is collecting a federal benefit of SSD. Now this proves that it is not impossible for an illegal to collect a federal benefit. I do not know how it happened, but it did. Therefore, it is conceivable that it could happen in other federal programs, such as FAFSA or in receiving Pell grant of $5000.

Obama's aunt has nothing to do with the dream act. I never said she did. You did. This was your diversion. I only pointed out to Brit that his assessment of illegals being able to get a federal benefit was not impossible.</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    i don't know what particular particular loop or benefit you are talking about, therefore i can't answer what is stopping other illegals from getting the same. I never studied or debated Obama's aunt's case so i've got no idiea what sort of 'welfare benefit' she got or how she got it.
    I see you have particular drive in mentioning her over and over. If you do that, bringing in totally irrelevant case to undermine DREAM Act, why not then mention astronaut Neil Armstrong, as of an exemplary man, to build the case in favor of DREAM Act? Both are equally irrelevant to DREAM Act, so if you continue to bring Obama's aunt to argue against DREAM Act then i will bring into this Neil Armstrong to build support for DREAM Act (i may say that after all Neil also must have been a child at some point in past and wouldn't become an astronaut if he wasn't legal, so that makes nice case to support DREAM Act now ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">See above as it explains.She has no more to do with the dream act than neil armstrong does and you know it. I am not using Her case to undermine the dream act. Her case exposes our government and how they pander to the illegal population while ignoring its legal residents and the growing homeless population right here in america. You know better than anyone here that one would have to pack a lunch and get up very early to try to distract me away from the topic at hand. I am a very focused person. Nice try, but as usual you fail. </span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Just because the paperwork says that illegals cannot get benefit we are supposed to believe it when we just see in black and white that an illegal (obama daddy sister) managed to get a federal benefit that illegals are not supposed to get. Sorry, this might be too much for your brain to contend with. I am sure Brit understands though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not too much for my brain, it simply is irrelevant to subject of Dream Act.
    If i ever post on the thread that unique started about her and if i say any sort of things that you argue about or against then feel free to join the debate there and we can talk about it then and there.
    But as far as DREAM ACT is concerned, this is an irrelevant subject that you bring in as a mere diversion.

<span class="ev_code_RED">This is too hilarious. It is too much for your brain if you refuse to discern. You are the person claiming that I am bringing the aunt in as a diversion, when in fact it is you that has consistantly and continually doing it. I precisely mention that she received federal benefit being an illegal because Brit said it was impossible for an illegal to do so.

You really need to focus Old man... oops I mean OLde </span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
      Touché OldE

4now, somebody very close to me has just been through the FAFSA hoops and I can tell you no illegal immigrant could get this benefit. It's impossible. End of story. As OldE says, what relevance does Obama's aunt have to do with FAFSA and the DREAM Act?

<span class="ev_code_RED">She does not have any relevance to the dream act. You are drinking the same water as E Brit. This is seriously sad how easyit is to misled you. Read my post to E. NOwhere do I tie Obama's aunt to the dream act. I responded to your statement about those federal beneifts. period. E started playing the games that he usually plays. His games do not work with a cognizant mind. Stay alert. Here it is again in B&W err well blue</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Originally posted by Brit4064:
      Originally posted by Brit4064:
      Nope, wrong davdah and 4now. As OldE pointed out to davdah in another thread a while ago, classroom seats are not taken by illegals, at least in further education because in most States they can only go to college as Out of State status which means the college actually benefits from them in extra revenue and getting FAFSA benefits as an illegal is impossible to do now </span>

<span class="ev_code_red">And of course I responded with Obama's aunt is an illegal an collecting federal benefit of SSD. I ask how did that happen. It is a federal benefit just like FAFSA is a federal benefit, just like a pell grant is a federal benefit. If it can happen with SSD, then it conceivably can happen with FAFSA and the pell grant. So no it is not impossible, regardless of what hoops your wife had to go through.</span>

It appears to be a puerile attempt to tie illegal immigrants with getting benefits they shouldn't be getting so as to play up the system as broken.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Brit the system is broken and you very well know it. Until everify for benefits and other measures are put in place, there will always be a loop that should have been closed so that unauthorized persons to not receive benefits that have been reserved for legal residents of this country.</span>

It's like Sharron Angle proclaiming Social Security is broken when in fact it's quite solvent. I guess you would like to do away with SS and gamble your retirement on the stock market eh?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Oh brother. Now you are doing an Olde. What does Sharon angle and SS have to do with this conversation GAwd.. this is hilarious that you believe that it is solvent. But since you ask.. I am perfectly capable of managing my finances. Who in their right mind would entrust their money to this government if they had a choice. Only Sheeple Brit. The government speak with fork tongue and will continue to pull the "bait and switch" whenever they can get away with it to continue bilking taxpayer funds. </span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here is the reason she is mentioned. You should follow the thread a little more carefully.

[COLOR:BLUE]Originally posted by Brit4064:
        Nope, wrong davdah and 4now. As OldE pointed out to davdah in another thread a while ago, classroom seats are not taken by illegals, at least in further education because in most States they can only go to college as Out of State status which means the college actually benefits from them in extra revenue and getting FAFSA benefits as an illegal is impossible to do now.

Response from 4now:
        "really impossible you say? Obama's aunt is an illegal and she is collecting disability. How did that happen?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did read the part you quoted very well.
        What YOU 4now didn't read was what actually Brit was referring to.

Some time ago me and davdah had this very debate of FAFSA whereby i explained that FAFSA is not something similar to social services program where you go to local office and show some sort of a paper to be eligible for the benefit.

It works quite DIFFERENT in that:

1. You MUST submit FAFSA online, which automatically and INSTANTLY verifies your information with BOTH USCIS database AND Social Security records.(Even if you fill out paper aplication it will still be verified electronically against USCIS and SS databases).
        If you lack USC or LPR or other ELIGIBLE immigrant status it will INSTANTLY FLAG YOU. Process stops there and you move to Step 2.

2. If you are flagged (denied FAFSA) but you believe the decision is in error you can submit originals and hard copy of your Passport , LPR or other document proving your eligibility AND (GET THIS!) the office admin MUST MAIL THE COPY OF SAME DOCS TO USCIS AND SS TO HAVE A WRITTEN RESPONCE CONFIRMING THAT DOCUMENTS REFLECT GENUINE , VERIFIED IN DATABASE IMMIGRATION STATUS.
        School admin is NOT allowed to disburse Federal or State benefits unless Step 1 or Step 2 is COMPLETED.

Therefore , unlike a welfare benefit there is just NO WAY to get a Federal Grant through FAFSA unless you have a valid and eligible immigration status here.

So, what did you say about illegals getting Federal Tuition Aid/FAFSA?

You just can't post anything without a load of baloney mixed in it, can you 4now?
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hide Post
          quote:
          Here is the reason she is mentioned. You should follow the thread a little more carefully.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Originally posted by Brit4064:
          Nope, wrong davdah and 4now. As OldE pointed out to davdah in another thread a while ago, classroom seats are not taken by illegals, at least in further education because in most States they can only go to college as Out of State status which means the college actually benefits from them in extra revenue and getting FAFSA benefits as an illegal is impossible to do now.

Response from 4now:
          "really impossible you say? Obama's aunt is an illegal and she is collecting disability. How did that happen?" </span>

I did read the part you quoted very well.
          What YOU 4now didn't read was what actually Brit was referring to.

Some time ago me and davdah had this very debate of FAFSA whereby i explained that FAFSA is not something similar to social services program where you go to local office and show some sort of a paper to be eligible for the benefit.

It works quite DIFFERENT in that:

1. You MUST submit FAFSA online, which automatically and INSTANTLY verifies your information with BOTH USCIS database AND Social Security records.(Even if you fill out paper aplication it will still be verified electronically against USCIS and SS databases).
          If you lack USC or LPR or other ELIGIBLE immigrant status it will INSTANTLY FLAG YOU. Process stops there and you move to Step 2.

2. If you are flagged (denied FAFSA) but you believe the decision is in error you can submit originals and hard copy of your Passport , LPR or other document proving your eligibility AND (GET THIS!) the office admin MUST MAIL THE COPY OF SAME DOCS TO USCIS AND SS TO HAVE A WRITTEN RESPONCE CONFIRMING THAT DOCUMENTS REFLECT GENUINE , VERIFIED IN DATABASE IMMIGRATION STATUS.
          School admin is NOT allowed to disburse Federal or State benefits unless Step 1 or Step 2 is COMPLETED.

Therefore , unlike a welfare benefit there is just NO WAY to get a Federal Grant through FAFSA unless you have a valid and eligible immigration status here.

<span class="ev_code_RED"> I am very well aware of how fafsa works. There are a great number of illegals masquerading with legal social security numbers and names. They of course do not belong to the individual that is applying for benefit. This is how many times the system is overcome. SSD is alledgely scrutinized in the same manner. not necesarily against the uscis database, but the social security database for sure. The system is not that sophisticated in case you didnt know, and I am not trying to make it public about the imperfections. If you are claiming to be usc and name soc # and dob match, then most likely it is a go. There would have to be a more comprehensive system in place than what we use now to ensure that ineligible recipients will not benefit.</span>

So, what did you say about illegals getting Federal Tuition Aid/FAFSA?

<span class="ev_code_red">AS I explained above. The system is not sophisticated enough to be able to discern. It can and does happen.</span>

You just can't post anything without a load of baloney mixed in it, can you 4now?

<span class="ev_code_red">Baloney is scrap meat. I only serve crow</span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

What's the ratio of a perfect match of name, date of birth, address, picture ID, and SSN between two individuals? 0:300+M! If someone's argument is based on this ratio, then it's a real baloney. It's twisted and sickening especially that it's coming from an immigrant himself. It's giving immigrants a bad name. Most immigrants hold views a lot better than that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
              What's the ratio of a perfect match of name, date of birth, address, picture ID, and SSN between two individuals? 0:300+M! If someone's argument is based on this ratio, then it's a real baloney. It's twisted and sickening especially that it's coming from an immigrant himself. It's giving immigrants a bad name. Most immigrants hold views a lot better than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you are talking like a non immigrant, and I know that you are not. You know very well how this is accomplished. Dont act like you dont or try to feign to be naive. and I am not going to disclose any more info on the subject of how it is accomplished.

And we are not speaking about immigrants here, we are speaking about illegals and undocumenteds whose practices do have a bad name.

Comment

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there's a few that seep through the cracks in an imperfect system of vetting for benefits. Meaning, if there happens to be two, three, to a surely very few figures, then that's not the rule - that's the exception. That disproves your view that immigrants come to the US to enjoy free benefits. Let's face it, immigrants make contributions too to the US economy. Being so, that makes it a twisted view.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                  Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there's a few that seep through the cracks in an imperfect system of vetting for benefits. Meaning, if there happens to be two, three, to a surely very few figures, then that's not the rule - that's the exception. That disproves your view that immigrants come to the US to enjoy free benefits. Let's face it, immigrants make contributions too to the US economy. Being so, that makes it a twisted view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry.. Do you have me confused with someone else? Where did I ever make that statement/ Dont get it twisted sister

Comment

Oh that one, do you remember your lengthy post on how you would want the next CIR to be formulated? You proposed the beneficiaries to be billed from heads to toes, as if they came here just to get something without giving back.

Comment

Oh that one, do you remember your lengthy post on how you would want the next CIR to be formulated? You proposed the beneficiaries to be billed from heads to toes, as if they came here just to get something without giving back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My lengthy formulation was on back taxes that they would owe that should have to be paid. nothing more. Go ahead , approach one of them that has worked illegal for 10 or 20 years that have not paid income taxes to the irs. See if they will not balk about paying their share. Go ahead. see if they will give it back

Comment

And see also if it has an iota of chance of being conceived in a bill, much less of becoming a law. That's the point that I'm making. You can see what was taken but you close your eyes to what's given back not just in the narrow filter of income tax returns.

Comment

And see also if it has an iota of chance of being conceived in a bill, much less of becoming a law. That's the point that I'm making. You can see what was taken but you close your eyes to what's given back not just in the narrow filter of income tax returns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are the one closing eyes Rn. We all give back.. no big deal. We all pay income tax because we have to .. it is the law remember..

ah yes.. so it is ok they we give back and pay income taxes.. But you only see that they give back and it should not be important that they pay income taxes like the rest of us. WTH

And exactly why would it have no change of being put in a bill... because they would squawk about paying their fair share because they are not sincere about paying back taxes for federal , let alone state and local taxes.

Comment

No chance for it to be put in a bill because the more a piece of CIR legislation is prohibitive rather than accommodative, the more it wouldn't be conceived, simply because one of the basic principles of law-making is that it aims to construct rather than to destroy its main intent. Or, the stricter the law becomes, the less likely that its intended targets would be smoked out from the darkness.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But since you ask.. I am perfectly capable of managing my finances. Who in their right mind would entrust their money to this government if they had a choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you would vote for Sharron Angle then? That's about right after all you are her core voter. Ignorant, ill-informed Tea Partier who hates Government and would happily have private companies running everything, and I mean everything which can only lead to corruption and special interests running the show. I thought you were better than that 4now but I see you are a davdah.
                              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

These Mullah Limbaugh supporters don't give a hoot about letter of law, it's just a catch phrase to fry anything sensible. No matter how idiotic the argument against DREAM Act sounds they will still cry "AMNESTY" anytime it's brought up just to block it.

Since they call anything you bring up an AMNESTY , no matter what it actually is, i think it makes no more sense to try to argue along those lines with them as it only reinforces their momentum. They will push it until some day they say if you don't deport all non-US born US Citizens and US Citizens born here to non-Citizen parents then you are in effect granting them all an amnesty.
                                I guess some day one could even declare 10th generation blacks to be illegals here since 14th Amendment itself is not something that was incoporated into Constitution by Founding Fathers and therefore the Amendment itself must be illegal if you use very strict and literal interpretation of law. After all Founding Fathers couldn't have intended for 14th amendment to exist or they would have somehow made such intention apparent in Constitution itself and therefore even if ratified it must have been illegal to do so, so you could in fact take it back by either amending the amendment or by reinterpreting it's legality and thus binding force.

Well, long story short: it's time to start speaking about AMNESTY , clarify what does word AMNESTY in legal terminology mean, under what circumstances and when it is granted and etc.
                                After all millions of criminals get amnesty on constant basis. Most recently Governor of CA let the doors of prisons open and let go of many convicted felons due to budgetary constrains.

How come this so NEUTRAL anti-amnesty crowd didn't raise hell, how come they didn't flood Arni's office with mountainstacks of faxes against it, how come Lou Dobbs or Mullah Limbaugh didn't run series of TV programs about deadly felons coming out of prison to murder everyone?

Yet, they cry AMNESTY and argue at full throttle when bill is proposed to grant CONDITIONAL status to persons who were brough up here as children + with the necessary prerequisite of joining military or graduating 2 years of college for the conditional status to change to permanent?

Is this really about Law? Who are they kidding?
                                http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation