DREAM Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <span class="ev_code_RED">really impossible you say? Obama's aunt is an illegal and she is collecting disability. How did that happen </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course,4now, Obama's aunt is one of the potential beneficiaries of DREAM ACT, isn't she?

Why anyone would bother to argue with this guy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Right. Disability isn't FAFSA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello..... anybody home? No I guess not. just marbles rolling around in your heads Brit I am disappointed that you are just being a sheeple lately led by none other than the PiEd PipEr.

Where do benefits from FAFSA come from?

Where do benefits from Disability SSD come from?

Where do benefits from Pell grants come from?

Hmmmm let me guess umm ummm ah yes... Federal benefits

You say illegals cant get federal benefits such as FAFSA, SSD, or Federal Pell grants so no worries eh? yea right.

If Obama's illegal olde behind aunt managed to get Federal SSD benefit, then there is no reason for me to believe that illegal children of illegals can do the same when it comes to Federal benefits programs.

Next

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
      <span class="ev_code_RED">really impossible you say? Obama's aunt is an illegal and she is collecting disability. How did that happen </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course,4now, Obama's aunt is one of the potential beneficiaries of DREAM ACT, isn't she?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Right. Disability isn't FAFSA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello..... anybody home? No I guess not. just marbles rolling around in your heads Brit I am disappointed that you are just being a sheeple lately led by none other than the PiEd PipEr.

You say illegals cant get federal benefits such as FAFSA, SSD, or Federal Pell grants so no worries eh? yea right.

If Obama's illegal olde behind aunt managed to get Federal SSD benefit, then there is no reason for me to believe that illegal children of illegals can do the same when it comes to Federal benefits programs.

Next </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy is really mad at me because i always and ivariably tell the truth.

The fact is that FAFSA is the benefit which is totally off the limits to illegals. I had clearly elaborated it on another thread where davdah was claiming the opposite. It is that particular post that Brit refers to.
      What Obama's aunt has to do with DREAM Act and FAFSA anyway?

Next, if DREAM Act passesd and provided FAFSA aid to qualifying beneficiaries then it still would not be granting ILLEGALS any FAFSA benefits, because by virtue of passage of the DREAM Act the kids that are illegal today would have become LEGAL.

I don't even think DREAM Act has provisions letting qualifying students to receive FAFSA while on conditional status, but even if it did beneficiaries would already be LEGAL at the time of receipt of such grant.

Goes to show how reliable what 4now posts is. Of course, as a typical Mullah Limbaugh supporter and circus trickster, 4now first invents baloney then calls me names and thinks you are too silly to notice
      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Next </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy is really mad at me because i always and ivariably tell the truth.

The fact is that FAFSA is the benefit which is totally off the limits to illegals. I had clearly elaborated it on another thread where davdah was claiming the opposite. It is that particular post that Brit refers to.
        What Obama's aunt has to do with DREAM Act and FAFSA anyway?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I didnt know you had a learning disabilty E. Slowly I wil repeat for you... She is an illegal yet she managed somehow to receive federal benefits of SSD. Care to explain? What is stopping other illegal to circumvent the system and be able to obtain federal assistance. Sounds like there is a loop in the system , agreed? Just because the paperwork says that illegals cannot get benefit we are supposed to believe it when we just see in black and white that an illegal (obama daddy sister ) managed to get a federal benefit that illegals are not supposed to get. Sorry, this might be too much for your brain to contend with. I am sure Brit understands though.</span>

Next, if DREAM Act passesd and provided FAFSA aid to qualifying beneficiaries then it still would not be granting ILLEGALS any FAFSA benefits, because by virtue of passage of the DREAM Act the kids that are illegal today would have become LEGAL.

<span class="ev_code_RED">No it is just supposed to be a path to legalization. They should not have a legal status until the requirements are fulfilled. They also should not be able to get any benefit until such has been fulfilled.</span>

I don't even think DREAM Act has provisions letting qualifying students to receive FAFSA while on conditional status, but even if it did beneficiaries would already be LEGAL at the time of receipt of such grant.

<span class="ev_code_RED">They should not be granted a conditional greencard becuase that would make them legally eligible for FaFsa and pell grant, Just say No.</span>

Goes to show how reliable what 4now posts is. Of course, as a typical Mullah Limbaugh supporter and circus trickster, 4now first invents baloney then calls me names and thinks you are too silly to notice

<span class="ev_code_RED">4now always gives the reliable information and the facts. Your liberal supportere just dont like to hear it. You are amusing to me E, The dr jekyll and hyde circus routine you give us daily. One is fighing for the rights of illegals and immigrants while the other ID fights agaisnts the the same. Even fight with each other lol. Like I said it is amusing and clever too I may add, but I am not fooled by your shenanigans. How ya like that for FEDeral benefits eh. </span>
        </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<span class="ev_code_RED">I didnt know you had a learning disabilty E. Slowly I wil repeat for you... She is an illegal yet she managed somehow to receive federal benefits of SSD. Care to explain?
          </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that she is an illegal alien who got some benefits as an illegal alien. It doesn't take an Einstein to understand that.
          What i question is: what relevance does Obama's aunt have to DREAM ACT and it's beneficiaries? Why is she even mentioned here?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is stopping other illegal to circumvent the system and be able to obtain federal assistance. Sounds like there is a loop in the system , agreed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know what particular particular loop or benefit you are talking about, therefore i can't answer what is stopping other illegals from getting the same. I never studied or debated Obama's aunt's case so i've got no idiea what sort of 'welfare benefit' she got or how she got it.
          I see you have particular drive in mentioning her over and over. If you do that, bringing in totally irrelevant case to undermine DREAM Act, why not then mention astronaut Neil Armstrong, as of an exemplary man, to build the case in favor of DREAM Act? Both are equally irrelevant to DREAM Act, so if you continue to bring Obama's aunt to argue against DREAM Act then i will bring into this Neil Armstrong to build support for DREAM Act (i may say that after all Neil also must have been a child at some point in past and wouldn't become an astronaut if he wasn't legal, so that makes nice case to support DREAM Act now ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Just because the paperwork says that illegals cannot get benefit we are supposed to believe it when we just see in black and white that an illegal (obama daddy sister) managed to get a federal benefit that illegals are not supposed to get. Sorry, this might be too much for your brain to contend with. I am sure Brit understands though.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not too much for my brain, it simply is irrelevant to subject of Dream Act.
          If i ever post on the thread that unique started about her and if i say any sort of things that you argue about or against then feel free to join the debate there and we can talk about it then and there.
          But as far as DREAM ACT is concerned, this is an irrelevant subject that you bring in as a mere diversion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><span class="ev_code_RED">No it is just supposed to be a path to legalization. They should not have a legal status until the requirements are fulfilled. They also should not be able to get any benefit until such has been fulfilled.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go read the DREAM ACT carefully. I am not too sure now (since was a while since i read the older version) and if i am not mistaken the only thing students would be allowed to apply for is an in-state tuition and may be some federal guaranteed loans. Latter are usually very small ($500-$1200 per semester), due to the relatively low cost of community or 2 year colleges, and you must maintain above minimum GPA to continue receiving loans past 1st or 2nd semesters, since school admin. must approve it. And then you have to pay it back and there is no way around it. If you ever get a paycheck, part of it will be deducted by force if you don't give on your own. Even if you are bancrupt you must pay it back as soon as you make any income, unlike any other debts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
          <span class="ev_code_RED">They should not be granted a conditional greencard becuase that would make them legally eligible for FaFsa and pell grant, Just say No.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't say YES to spreading LPRs around like a seed on the farm. And that's already taken care of in the bill. I don't think any beneficiary would be getting Pell grants if DREAM Act passed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
          <span class="ev_code_RED">4now always gives the reliable information and the facts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes, very much so. Just a few errors here and there, as outlined above

Your liberal supportere just dont like to hear it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may or may not know it but George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other Founding Fathers, the very people who brought this country into existence, are the ones who are historically referred to as LIBERALS.
          Therefore, if you say i am supported by LIBERALS i must take it as a great compliment.

You are amusing to me E, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are you to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The dr jekyll and hyde circus routine you give us daily. One is fighing for the rights of illegals and immigrants while the other ID fights agaisnts the the same. Even fight with each other lol. Like I said it is amusing and clever too I may add, but I am not fooled by your shenanigans. How ya like that for FEDeral benefits eh. </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can see circus is all yours.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Touché OldE

4now, somebody very close to me has just been through the FAFSA hoops and I can tell you no illegal immigrant could get this benefit. It's impossible. End of story. As OldE says, what relevance does Obama's aunt have to do with FAFSA and the DREAM Act?

It appears to be a puerile attempt to tie illegal immigrants with getting benefits they shouldn't be getting so as to play up the system as broken. It's like Sharron Angle proclaiming Social Security is broken when in fact it's quite solvent. I guess you would like to do away with SS and gamble your retirement on the stock market eh?
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

the DREAM act is just that...a pipe dream...rewarding children of dirtbags, which will then exclude thousands of American citizen college-age young adults from gaining entrance to a college of their choice....scamming Fed bennies, in spite of supposed laws to the contrary...and worse, eventually granting citizenship to these off spring of lowlifes, so they in turn can petition their even more lowlife parents.....how about another plan??
              NIGHTMARE

N - No
              I - Illegals
              G- gets
              H- help
              T- through
              M- moronic
              A- amnesty
              R- rewarding
              E- everyone

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                the DREAM act is just that...a pipe dream...rewarding children of dirtbags, which will then exclude thousands of American citizen college-aid young adults from gaining entrance to a college of their choice....scamming Fed bennies, in spite of supposed laws to the contrary...and worse, eventually granting citizenship to these off spring of lowlifes, so they in turn can petition their even more lowlife parents.....how about another plan??
                NIGHTMARE

N - No
                I - Illegals
                G- gets
                H- help
                T- through
                M- moronic
                A- amnesty
                R- rewarding
                E- everyone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a serious dirtbag if you want to punish the kids of illegals. Against Dream Act equates to RACIST!!!!!!!

Comment

remind us all again....what 'race' are illegal aliens?????? I don't remember seeing them on a phylum chart.....

Comment

Oh well, I tried.

Comment

tried what? disagreeing with me? Whoop dee d.o.o

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You are a serious dirtbag if you want to punish the kids of illegals. Against Dream Act equates to RACIST!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Proudie, not racist but sub-human. Devoid of all compassion and empathy. Pretty good description of S12 actually.
                        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                          tried what? disagreeing with me? Whoop dee d.o.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                            It's like Sharron Angle proclaiming Social Security is broken when in fact it's quite solvent. I guess you would like to do away with SS and gamble your retirement on the stock market eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's not like that. Even if someone with double digit negative IQ score says that skies are blue it won't make skies green , yellow or what not. It's known fact that there is not enough money to pay out Social Security for too long, no matter who says it.

Don't follow path of 4now comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

NO DREAM ACT!!! NOT TODAY, NOT TOMORROW, NOT EVER!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                                The BadDREAM Act was defeated YET again! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defeated, no. Deferred, yes. Big difference. Failure to garner the required 60 votes for cloture was for the whole DOD legislation, not for the DREAM Act amendment.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation