Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats Brit4064, finally will be a USC today!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brit, sorry I missed you in chat last night, but was running late, but well done! glad everything went ok for you.

Did you go partying in the Dorothy dress, hope you found a pair of red glitter shoes to match LOL!!!

Comment

No partying in the DoroBrit dress but there were a few beers consumed last night
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Ok, here's the full story:

The interview was conducted in Charleston, SC, about a 2hr drive from me at 8:20am. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes.

She went through the form, asking all the questions again, ticking off each answer. I did have an arrest and caution from years ago (1989) which was disclosed and dealt with back during the AOS interview in 2001. I was unsure how this would play out now but it wasn't a problem. The main thing they want to see is how honest you are. I also had disclosed a parking ticket and speeding ticket on the N-400 form. I started to tell her about another traffic ticket from December last year but she wasn't interested in it.

She spent most of the time arranging, re-arranging and flipping back and forward through my file, reading relevant sections. I have to say I didn't like her manner. She was the same woman that did my I-751 interview nearly 3yrs ago. She was rude and offhand back then and nothing had changed! I shall probably write to the Office and complain about her. if anyone has an interview in Charleston and you happen to get her, initials "KW", beware.

She then got me to write a sentence and read one back to her. Here's an example of her rudeness. She said I was supposed to include a copy of the Green Card and photos with the N-400. Well even now re-reading through the instructions, I don't see that anywhere. I had included the photos with the application though. Luckily I did another set just in case although it says on the interview letter it's not required. I told her i didn't have a copy of the GC to which she rolled her eyes and went to take a photocopy of it.

During the interview, another DAO entered the room wanting a copy of a form he didn't have, as he did, she glanced towards him and said in a terse manner "yes?" She's obviously like this to everyone. Doesn't make it right though, especially in a Natz interview which are usually more relaxed and friendly by most people's assessment. I can't say I was particularly relaxed at all thoughout.

I was asked 10 US civics and history questions, I got 8 out of 10 right.
        As I recall, the questions asked were:

What do we celebrate on July 4th?
        Who is the Vice President of the US today?
        How many changes or amendments are there to the Constitution?
        What are the 3 branches of our government?
        How many voting members are there in the House of Representatives?
        Who becomes President if both President & Vice President die?
        Whose rights are guaranteed by the Constitution & the Bill of Rights?
        In what month do we vote for the President?
        What are the 2 major political parties in the US today?
        Who was the first president of the United States?

I don't know why I missed 2 of them though. Probably too nervous due to the interviewer's demeanor.

I was relieved when I saw her stamp the "granted" bit on the form and after she approved the application, she asked if I would like to take the Oath ceremony that afternoon at 2pm to which I said YES (said carefully not to piss her off of course) So back to the office at 2pm and after a few minutes waiting, they called all 5 of us (3 guys, 2 girls) into a backroom where we were given our Certificates and asked to check them over and then sign in black ink.

One of us, a fellow Brit I think asked about leaving the country before a US passport was issued. She answered don't leave until you have it in hand because you have to turn in the Natz certificate which is returned once the passport is issued. You can get it expedited for a fee. After mentioning about voter registration, she lead us all out back into the waiting room explaining because they had work going on in their usual room, we had to do the Oath there. She cleared out any people in there waiting (hehe), and then the Oath ceremony begun and all 5 of us took the Oath of Allegiance and the Pledge of Allegiance. At the end, she asked if we felt different. I replied "very slighty" ...and that was it. I walked out a US Citizen about 2:30pm.

Unfortunately I won't be able to vote next month as SC requires a 30 day advance registration but I will be able to in future elections. Also my future employment prospects are much helped now as a USC because I'm a pilot and all the non-citizen background checks now required by the TSA (Transportation Security Agency) prior to employment and on-going recurrent training checks are a pain in the you-know-where for all companies.

So that's it. I'm done with the USCIS forever. It doesn't matter how long I'm out of the country now as they can't refuse me entry ever and can't be deported either LOL Wooohoooo!!! I never did find out why I was stuck in the FBI namecheck either

And I got the last laugh. Just before I returned at 2pm, I had to take a slash (as you do!) went into the cubicle, put the copy of the I-652 interview form on the side, turned around, looked back and found it half sitting in the toilet bowl..wet! Luckily I hadn't started yet, if you get what I mean They had no air drier there so I had to blot off the water using paper towels. I kept smiling to myself knowing that the last piece of paper handed over to the USCIS had spent some of it's life down the toilet. A fitting epitaph!
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
          Don't start this again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!!
          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Luckily I hadn't started yet, if you get what I mean Wink They had no air drier there so I had to blot off the water using paper towels. I kept smiling to myself knowing that the last piece of paper handed over to the USCIS had spent some of it's life down the toilet. A fitting epitaph! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO shame you didn't go before the interview
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hey sprint, he should have worn the dress Gerry halliwell wore, the union jack one to his interview, perhaps the I/O might have lightened up a little to see that !!!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:
                Hey sprint, he should have worn the dress Gerry halliwell wore, the union jack one to his interview, perhaps the I/O might have lightened up a little to see that !!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You couldn't have lightened that b*tch up with a blow torch LOL

Comment

Hey Brittie,

Happy for you! The last time I visited here, you were on the way to Jakee and now, you're a citizen. Thanks for sharing that story, I've a friend in SC (she's the reason why I found the ILW in the first place), and will be sure to warn her about K.W. You could have gotten those 10 questions perfect!
                  Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

I know it Mrs B. Watch out for KW and all will be ok for her

Comment

who cares
                      SonofMichael
                      ILW Community Disorganizer

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by .sonofmichael:
                        who cares </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another Michael ID? where are they all coming from? lol
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

happy ending...congrats..
                          -------------------------------
                          harris
                          http://www.widecircles.com

Comment

warm welcome to you my fellow democrat!

Comment

It might well be in the Guide to Naturalization but it's not in the instructions with the N-400 (online). You'd think something that important would be listed in there? That wasn't the only thing. Her demeanor was not good, just like during the I-751 interview. No hello, goodbye etc. Just an unpleasant feeling in general. And no, I wasn't pissing her off in any way. At the end, I thanked her and got no response at all.

Today I applied for the passport. It's beginning to hit me now

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by .sonofmichael:
                                who cares </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another Michael ID? where are they all coming from? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Don't Know???? LOL! That Means I Am Ahead!!! YIPPI!!!! LOL.
                                You Were Supposed To Know All The Multiples and Impersonators!
                                I Truly Appreciate Yet I Have a Problem With Copying Other Posters!!! Including Their Picture! That Falls Outside Of The Acceptable Boundaries!
                                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation