Good for them!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    Oh, hi ProudUSC, I meant, I will post within a short period of time, not like in a moment.
    Lol, but I am typing now, should appear "shortly" lol, and replace this message. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Houston gave you a tough challenge - I knew it would take some time. None of us has the answer, but I'll give you a really 'far out' one. USA figures out how to incorporate Mexico as a 'United State'. Mexico will be better off, as will the United States. No need for border control, incorporate English into their school curriculum. As far as the cheap labor, that will cease if they are incorporated as a state of the US. Now, how far out is that? I think it's a stretch, but not such a bad idea! At least I'm coming up with ideas!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">None of us has the answer, but I'll give you a really 'far out' one. USA figures out how to incorporate Mexico as a 'United State'. Mexico will be better off, as will the United States. No need for border control, incorporate English into their school curriculum. As far as the cheap labor, that will cease if they are incorporated as a state of the US. Now, how far out is that? I think it's a stretch, but not such a bad idea! At least I'm coming up with ideas! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How on earth did you know what I was going to say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't - just goes to show that great minds think alike I'm not the bigot you think I am. I feel sorry for those stuck in the immigration processing game, and am trying to think of logical answers to solve the problem.

Comment

I'll tell you where I'd start. Two things and they come right out of common sense. To solve a problem you first need to accept the problem exists, that's number one, accepting once and for all that illegal immigration is not the result of some evil master mind controlling the actions of all aliens. Number two is quite straight forward, be honest with yourself. Are you using the cover of the law because you don't like aliens? This is a legit question, after all, many fought and died in support of slavery, as asinine as it sounds today.

So, let's start with a simple program that doesn't assume anything. This is a fundamental principle of the rule of law, innocent until proven guilty. Let's forget about presumptions and penalize based on facts through meaningful action.

An overhaul of the immigration law cannot mean more of the same failed policy. People should be allowed to immigrate based on a personal and complete evaluation of every case, along with all relevant circumstances. The big winners under the current system is the big smugglers, a fair immigration system would bring smuggling to its knees, and that has to be good.

Current law separates families, hinders employers, promotes smuggling and stretches the resources of DHS to the limit. Why would an alien risk death and imprisonment to just to enter the country if he or she could do so legally? There's no legal channel to properly tend to the demands placed upon the system. Of course, the law will not please everybody, and the nation cannot take everybody in, but we're not talking thousands but millions of people, so there has to be something wrong, something that's not working.

But immigration involves more than farm workers, it involves people with degrees, teachers, and more. Grouping is not the solution, "one size fits all" doesn't work and neither does favoring one group instead of another.

Reality must drive reform, reality based on facts, not presumptions, not personal preferences. This is where the honesty part is important. There's a lot of people who talk about the law, and how immigrants break the law, but they don't go turn themselves in if they speed and don't get caught or if they run a light and never get ticketed. The talk is about the law because it's the only way to turn hate speech into protected speech. Period. This is extremely damaging and perhaps the reason as to why there seems to be no action to fix the problem.

Listen to the talk and the issue becomes apparent. Just today, Mr. Romney was talking about how parents and families are essential to the education of a child. I couldn't agree more. But many citizen children are being deprived of a father or a mother or their own country because of minor regulatory violations. We hear about how aliens erode the "cultural integrity" of the country but at the same time we're hit with the notion of a "melting pot". We hear about "nation of laws" but refuse to afford aliens the most fundamental rights offered to killers, rapists and all criminals, the presumption of innocence.

I don't think that turning a blind eye on illegal immigration is healthy, but observation of the truth should trigger reform, not more of the same.

Presumptions, destruction of families, separations, backlogs, unrealistic quotas and excessive restrictions only promote illegal immigration, human smuggling and the existence of an underclass of exploited individuals.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not the bigot you think I am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don't think you are a bigot at all. As I observed Americans through the years, I know they all have big hearts and great open minds. It is America that propels the world, is a front runner of changes, the head of the progress. I know that it is frustrating for America to see their laws violated because in the end it will be the law that will hold the world together and the future society will stand on the law, if borders are to be abolished one day.
          By opening the borders a little more, and eventually uniting, is good for all people.
          This is not to say that when borders are open, people are going to rush rush rush in and ruin everything you've built and worked hard on. Economy and the laws of demand and supply are going to naturally even out population. Eventually there will always be pockets of very wealthy people and cities where the poor reside.
          I do hope though that the wealth is going to be spread out so that we get rid of extreme poverty.
          This is also going to give a chance to talented people from poor countries a place in the world and a chance to shine, and at the same time to enrich the society. Common laws are going to entail all people and it will be easier to root out terrorism and gangs. Population growth will be easier to control because the very poor are going to be educated and stop multiplying like rabbits.
          We do need to instill some kind of an order in the world's population. We can't grow and grow indefinitely.
          We need to protect our environment before it's irreperable.
          I could go on and on about it. But I have a hope. I have a dream.

Wait, did someone say that already? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, lots of us share your dream, Iperson. I'm not a hater. Maybe when I first came on this forum, I portrayed myself to be one, but I'm truly not. I have a lot of hopes and dreams that this great country will sort this all out. I love diversity! Without it, where would we be? What a truly boring place this would be without diversity!

Comment

The US laws allow illegal immigration. The system is set up to allow the flow of cheap labor into the country ON PURPOSE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Glad you said that. ON PURPOSE. That's right!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              Actually, the more I read and learn, I know our government has not done their part on controlling this problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Glad you said that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:

USA figures out how to incorporate Mexico as a 'United State'. Mexico will be better off, as will the United States. No need for border control, incorporate English into their school curriculum. As far as the cheap labor, that will cease if they are incorporated as a state of the US. Now, how far out is that? I think it's a stretch, but not such a bad idea! At least I'm coming up with ideas! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                You might want to put that thought on hold for a while, a good while. From Acapulco to Nuevo Leon it's been a nightmare for over a year or so. I thought it was Nuevo Leon where a lot of women have been killed also. I've read several articles about this last year.

Associated Press
                Friday, April 13, 2007
                To silence their foes, Mexican drug gangs spread fear; corpes are used as message boards. The aim is to thwart a federal crackdown, experts say.

MEXICO CITY -- Drug traffickers are waging a highly effective publicity campaign in Mexico that began with a chilling show of brutality in Acapulco. Two police officers' heads, streaming with blood, were stuck on metal spikes outside a dwontown building with a fluorescent cardboard sign. "So that you learn to respect," the sign read in thick, black letters.
                The spectacle a year ago in the Pacific resort set off a ghoulish trend among the drug lords battling for billion-dollar smuggling routes into the United States. They've since left a trail of bodies and bloodstained notes across Mexico, with a goal of spreading fear -- a sense of dread so dep that rivals, police, witnesses and even President Felipe Calderon won't dare cross them.
                Regular citizens used to be left out of this calculation as organized crime groups quietly settled scores between themselves.
                No longer. The drug gangs now publish newspaper ads and tack threatening notes to corpes with ice picks or tape them to trash bags filled with body parts for public display. They're even using the Internet, posting a video on YouTube that showed the apparent beheading of an alleged hitman.
                Drug-related killings using corpses as message boards have been carried out in a dozen Mexican states in the past year -- an indication, experts say, that Mexico's rival Gulf and Sinaloa cartels hope they can frighten the population to the point that Calderon will retreat from his nationwide military crackdown.
                In many areas, it's working. Police are resigning in record numbers, newspapers are censoring themselves, and witnesses rarely expose themselves to a justice system seen as corrupt.
                "Without a doubt, this is part of a strategy by organized crime to terrorize the population and destabilize the government," said Nuevo Leon Deputy State Attorney General Aldo Fasci Zuazua, whose state bordering Texas has seen nearly three dozen drug-related killings since January.

Comment

seems that Proud USC is finally beginning to see the truth of the corruption, caos, waste of resources these illegal criminals have brought our country for decades. MASSIVE DEPORTATIONS TODAY!!! SEAL THE BORDERS TODAY!!! Police Dept.s kick behinds and kick them GOOOOODDDD
                  to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

and for the bleeding hearts who are still in doubt let me explaind: What is an ILLEGAL? it's a CRIMINAL. Why? because these criminals CHOOSE, repeat, CHOOSE to wipe their behinds with our laws even before they leave their own countries. How? they REFUSE to follow orders, they refuse to stand in line in our Consulates around the world, take a number, and wait for their turn like civilized people do. The CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS CHOOSE to jump over the fence, or be stoaways (like the Filipinos) or float on tires, or cross the desert, and so on. No matter how you slice it, no matter how the commie pinkos like explora 'sugar coats it', the fact remains the same ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS AND SHOULD ALL BE REPORTED AND DEPORTED. MASSIVE DEPORTATIONS TODAY!!! SEAL THE BORDERS TODAY!!!
                    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
                      and for the bleeding hearts who are still in doubt let me explaind: What is an ILLEGAL? it's a CRIMINAL. Why? because these criminals CHOOSE, repeat, CHOOSE to wipe their behinds with our laws even before they leave their own countries. How? they REFUSE to follow orders, they refuse to stand in line in our Consulates around the world, take a number, and wait for their turn like civilized people do. The CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS CHOOSE to jump over the fence, or be stoaways (like the Filipinos) or float on tires, or cross the desert, and so on. No matter how you slice it, no matter how the commie pinkos like explora 'sugar coats it', the fact remains the same ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS AND SHOULD ALL BE REPORTED AND DEPORTED. MASSIVE DEPORTATIONS TODAY!!! SEAL THE BORDERS TODAY!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Hmmm. Commie Pinko. That's cute. I like that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
                        seems that Proud USC is finally beginning to see the truth of the corruption, caos, waste of resources these illegal criminals have brought our country for decades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Where was this, Doo-Fuss?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed