Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can the spouse of an LPR get visit visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the spouse of an LPR get visit visa?

I will appreciate if some expert can assist me by replying to this of my situation. I am an LPR. i am married outside the US and now i want to take my wife with me to the US because the condtions in my country is very unsafe for a woman to live alone. She has no intention to stay there more than six months at this time. As i will be come US citizen in few months therefore we will return to our birth country as we have our house there. Then i will apply K3 visa for her and we will wait there until she gets the spouse visa. In these circumstances, will the US Consulate consider to give her a visit visa?

I will appreciate if some expert can assist me by replying to this of my situation. I am an LPR. i am married outside the US and now i want to take my wife with me to the US because the condtions in my country is very unsafe for a woman to live alone. She has no intention to stay there more than six months at this time. As i will be come US citizen in few months therefore we will return to our birth country as we have our house there. Then i will apply K3 visa for her and we will wait there until she gets the spouse visa. In these circumstances, will the US Consulate consider to give her a visit visa?

Comment

Hi,

It sounds like you are not currently living in the US? Correct? If so, how long have you been gone? Also, do you plan to reside in the US or your home country after you are married. USCIS doesn't usually hand out visitor visas for spouses, from what I understand. However, your circumstances may be different.

Comment

philanthropist..

I know you are asking a different question as such but did you read the advice given to you before as you made no comment after the last post?

Here is the link in case you missed it.

Link to other thread
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

If she does get the K3 visa which is usually valid for 2 years, she would need to be here to AOS.

What are your intentions for the future? Are you looking more for a visa that will allow her to enter the US from time to time and still both live in Pakistan indefinitely rather than your wife intending to immigrate here for good?

I know this may be hard but many couples are separated during the process of immigration. Do neither of you have family that she could stay with during the waiting time until you go back?

If you look at the link I gave you to your other thread, I think you were given some good advice and Sammy explained your options and the chances of a Visitor Visa.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think you have to become a citizen to get her the type of visa. If you apply as a LPR, they put you in a queue and nothing will happen for years.

Comment

Philanthropist: You assert that it's "unsafe" for women to live alone in your country of origin, and that's why you want your wife to come to America. Well, that's not what you said the last time you posted here!!

Furthermore, why can't your wife live with her family, as I'm sure she did before your marriage. If she was living alone before your marriage, then surely that must have been "unsafe" but somehow acceptable.

The advice that you previously received still applies...you fully understood the immigration situation before you left to get married. Please stop with the *** stories as you try to find one that might allow you to circumvent America's immigration laws.

Comment

Some don't realize we have good memories SD

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                  Hi,

It sounds like you are not currently living in the US? Correct? If so, how long have you been gone? Also, do you plan to reside in the US or your home country after you are married. USCIS doesn't usually hand out visitor visas for spouses, from what I understand. However, your circumstances may be different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hav been living in the US for more than 10 years. I came to my country for marriage few months ago. Now, i am travelling back to US and i want my wife to be with me as i can't leave my wife alone. For that i want to get a visit visa for her.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                    Philanthropist: You assert that it's "unsafe" for women to live alone in your country of origin, and that's why you want your wife to come to America. Well, that's not what you said the last time you posted here!!

Furthermore, why can't your wife live with her family, as I'm sure she did before your marriage. If she was living alone before your marriage, then surely that must have been "unsafe" but somehow acceptable.

The advice that you previously received still applies...you fully understood the immigration situation before you left to get married. Please stop with the *** stories as you try to find one that might allow you to circumvent America's immigration laws. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:

The advice that you previously received still applies...you fully understood the immigration situation before you left to get married. Please stop with the *** stories as you try to find one that might allow you to circumvent America's immigration laws. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Before marriage her mother and brothers were here now they left to US. What i mentioned in my last post was one of the factor as in my religion the wife can stay with husband, mother, father, or brother other than she can not stay with any one. Now, the Unsafe is another reason that women can not live alone due to high crimes and worst law and order situation these days in my country. Even, the men do not go outside late night. There are murders, killing, looting, armed roberies into
                    houses going on in my city everyday.
                    I have been living in the US for more than 10 years. I came to marry and now all i want to take my wife with me to US and she can stay with me for few months until i get my citizenship and then i will retun with her to my country of origin and there she will wait until she gets K3 visa, which i will apply after i get naturalized as the Congressman has informed me that i am in Line to be interviewed.

To get a visit visa for a spouse is not cheating the immigration neither i am trying to Circumvent the US laws. i have a genune situation and it is a natural right of family to be together. How would u feel if your wife or kids are seperated from you or you have to leave them in a dangerous condition? Everyone has different circumstances. We are the people behind these real stories and Laws are made for Man, Man is not made for the laws. USA is one of the country which has this specific Law of immigration which has seperated thousands of Family that is why House of Rep are trying to get the Bill # 1628 to be passed so they can Re-Unite the families. When you become the victim you will feel the pain. Thanks for your advices but please do not Judge people until you know the whole situation.

Comment

I have been in that situation and the USCIS will not take your personal situation in to account. They won't allow you to queue-jump for the sake of impatience or 'natural right'. Plenty of us have a natural right. We still have to wait.

You can try for the visitor's visa, but there is no guarantee that it will be approved. The best shot for that would be for her to provide definitive proof of extremely strong ties to her country of origin - including proof of lease/mortgage, family, employment, bank accounts etc etc. Even should it be granted, it isn't a guarantee of entry to the US as they will view her as an overstay risk given the fact her spouse and the majority of her family live in the US.
                      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

what the OP describes is the typical visa scam...bring their spouse to the US to work illegally, then rush back to their country for a quick interview for an immigrant visa, then back to the US....that's not a tourist, that's a scam artist, no matter what phony religious beliefs one claims to have or how dangerous the streets are in your own country....tourist visas are for tourists,not cheats.
                        Sure, she can ask, but likely the embassy folks will wonder why in the world she would leave the US after a visit (brief, and six months isn't brief)...leaving her husband behind....and the answer? No way.

Comment

Philanthropist: You assert that "it is a natural right of family to be together." That may, or may not, be true...but, even if it is true, it's NOT America's responsibility to keep your family together. I remind you that you immigrated to this country, and you understood at the time of your marriage that your wife would be unable to return to America with you.

Now, of course, you're whining and complaining that America won't bend to your demands...even though you're NOT even an American. If it is truly impossible for your wife to live separately from, as you say, then I have the perfect solution...you can both quite easily remain in your country of origin. Both of you are citizens of that country, and can remain their without difficulty.

When your wife is denied a tourist visa, I wonder how many days it will be before you're on the plane back to America without her - having "forgotten" that she's not allowed to live alone? yet again, I remind you that you knew the immigration situation before you jetted off to get married.

Comment

So you want to become a USC, but refer to Pakistan as "my country." Well, it is virtually impossible for an intenting immigrant to get an non-immigrant visa. And, if you are a USC, there is no need for a K-3, you can get a CR-1 or IR-1 for your spouse, without having to live in Pakistan. Sounds like you are intending to live in Pakistan and use your American passport and her green card as a tourist visa while living in Pakistan.

Comment

this pakistani dirtball would be on the next plane back to the US after his wife's denial and he wouldn't look back for a nanosecond.....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation