Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I- 765 (work authorization)

Is anyone waiting for their I -765 in the mail. If so have you been in to get an interim work authorization. It has been 100 days since I received my receipt and I still have not received my work authorization. Everyone is telling me that I can make in appointment at my local center to pick up a temporary card but I am afraid to go because of fear of deportation. I live in the Atlanta area and the processing center is in Lee's Summit, MO. Has anyone had a similar situation. My I -765 is based on a marriage based pending I-485 under 245i. Any advice would be appreciated.

Is anyone waiting for their I -765 in the mail. If so have you been in to get an interim work authorization. It has been 100 days since I received my receipt and I still have not received my work authorization. Everyone is telling me that I can make in appointment at my local center to pick up a temporary card but I am afraid to go because of fear of deportation. I live in the Atlanta area and the processing center is in Lee's Summit, MO. Has anyone had a similar situation. My I -765 is based on a marriage based pending I-485 under 245i. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

i do'nt think there is any reason to be afraid. Take the paper work from the Immigation with you and obviously make an appointment before hand. All the best.

Comment

i was applying for work authorization as a fiance which i waited for longer than 100 days, so i called the uscis and they requested for me to send out my decision. a day later i got my decision via email and it was denied (which i knew was gonna happen anyways) because i wasnt a fiance anymore, since i am married now. i dont even know why i wasted my time and spending my money on that application, since your deadline as a fiancee is 90 days and the processing time for the work permit is 90 days, as well (in other words:i wouldnt recommend applying for 1-765 as a fiancee, wait till you are married, so you save that money).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation