Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a spouse of a greencardholder get a student visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ByashaStruzhkin: America gave you the opportunity to escape from your country-of-origin...and this is how you propose to repay this country - by trying to cheat and scam an F-1 student visa for your wife? Simply because such practices were common in your country-of-origin does NOT mean that we appreciate you trying to import them to America...we like living in a first-world country!!!

Comment

SunDevil, I don't know exactly what your problem is and how bringing a family member to get an education can do anything but good (people end up together, a US school gets a sh*tload of dollars in tuition fees) but you are seriously disturbed. The long waiting times must have somehow nudged you to the edge of lunacy.

Comment

ByashaStruzhkin: With all due respect, I'm NOT the one who is proposing to divorce his wife in a feeble attempt to hoodwink the American Government!!! It would appear that you beat me over the "edge of lunacy." Please take your corrupt ways back to the third-world where they belong :-)

Comment

You seem to spend an awful lot of time on this forum. What time is it in the US now? Aren't you sleeping at night? Or are you working as a night security guard somewhere and that is how you vent your disillusionment with your place in life in the "first-rate country"? If that's the case, American dream came true for you, that's for sure!

Comment

so the OP is some $hitheel that is trying to be clever and cheat the US government,,.well, dirtbag, I hope your "wife" tries your little scam....and when she gets caught, well, that will be the end of the road. You are not anywhere close to being smart enough to outwit our embassy folks....but please...try....it will be amusing....you and your wife are nothing but lowlife excrement cleaners.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
              Hudson: Yes, you're correct that F-1 students can obtain authorization to work part-time on campus, or an EAD based on economic hardship (OPT is for post-graduation). However, such authorizations are usually obtained once a student has already entered America in valid F-1 student status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              What I stated was far more accurate than what you stated: "You should also be aware that F-1 student visa holders CANNOT work in America."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The U.S. Consulate will not generally issue an F-1 student visa to a potential student who does not show sufficient financial resources to self-finance their education. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Again, to be more accurate, it is the ability of the student, with family and/or friends, to show one full year of tuition. Since room and board is not included with the definition of tuition, that is why on campus work is allowed. The financial resources can include private or foreign scholarships, fellowships, or grants, but not federal or state loans or grants. You need to be more accurate when giving advise, not the half assed approach you usually give.

The only thing you were correct was dual intent. That is why I posed the question of when the spouse can apply for US citizenship.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Byasha Struzhkin:
                I know all that. I guess I need to find a qualified attorney to receive advice on how to get a F-1 visa under the circumstances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                How long before you can obtain USC? That is the more appropriate question. As a LPR, you have a five or six year waiting time for the priority date to be correct. Even if it is with a master's program, a F visa is the most restrictive. J visa could suffice if it was not for the dual intent on your spouse.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                  so the OP is some $hitheel that is trying to be clever and cheat the US government,,.well, dirtbag, I hope your "wife" tries your little scam....and when she gets caught, well, that will be the end of the road. You are not anywhere close to being smart enough to outwit our embassy folks....but please...try....it will be amusing....you and your wife are nothing but lowlife excrement cleaners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here comes another mental cripple. Are you the other personality of SunDevil? Strange – different personalities of the same person are usually, well... different! You are exactly the same, however. You guys need to hook up or something. A truer friend than SunDevil you will never find. Better yet - you should marry him! Maybe then you you will start f*cking each other and stop f*cking everybody else's brains on this forum. Get busy, boys!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Byasha Struzhkin:
                    I know all that. I guess I need to find a qualified attorney to receive advice on how to get a F-1 visa under the circumstances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    How long before you can obtain USC? That is the more appropriate question. As a LPR, you have a five or six year waiting time for the priority date to be correct. Even if it is with a master's program, a F visa is the most restrictive. J visa could suffice if it was not for the dual intent on your spouse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hudson,

Thank you for your useful post. I have already talked to a qualified attorney and got all the answers I needed. Thank you though for your willingness to help with advice!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation