• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• susie
    replied
    Hi

Are your parents USC?

If parents are USC:-

Even if you were born in a different country your parents could get you a US birth certificate/passport so you may be entitiled to dual citizenship

My sons girlfriend was born in Germany to USC serving in US army. She has US passport

What is the country of your passport??

or were you born in the US to illigal immigrants? If you were born in the US and can prove hospital records you should be able to get US birth certificate then passport even if your parents were illigal

I do (along with others) are confused at what you are trying to say.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    On what countries passport you have traveled to US?

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    This makes no sense to me. Sorry to be sceptical, but it just doesn't seem to add up!!

You assert that you were born in Guam, and that - according to "your" birth certificate - your parents were born in Guam, also. However, you were raised in another country, a country of which you currently have citizenship.

Please explain how you obtained the Passport of the country whose citizenship you currently hold...do you also have a birth certificate from that country? When you obtained your tourist visa, the American Consulate obviously believed that you are a foreign national.

If you have never lived in the United States, why did you come here to find your roots?

I think that you need to have a very serious talk with your family. Remember, until you're 100 percent sure, you should make no claim of American Citizenship.

Leave a comment:

• sappyconifer
    replied
    Who is born a United States citizen?

Generally, people are born US citizens if they are born in the United States or if they are born to US citizens.

Born in the United States:

If you were born in the United States (including, in most cases, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands), you are an American citizen at birth (unless you were born to a foreign diplomat). Your birth certificate is proof of your citizenship. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/faq.htm#q2

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    Huh?

Leave a comment:

• parpol
    replied
    It was a dreadful night when I found my real birth certificate last august 2004. I was born in Guam in 1983. (I'm 22 now) I was made to believe I was born somewhere else (let's keep that as a secret) and lived there for 21 years. However, I am here now in US under visitor visa. I am confused. Am I a US Citizen or not? and how do I prove USCIS that I am a citizen? I don't even know if I had SSN when I was born. All my parents told me was they took me home to that country to the request of my grandparents (but they were both born in Guam, as indicated in my birth certificate) and decided to raise me and my siblings there. So I kind of ran away and flew all the way here (my aunts and uncles are here) to find my roots. I'm not even sure now if I was adopted or what. I need help. I hope someone could help me. Some lawyers won't believe what happened to me and that really ****s big time. So I am really hoping someone here could help. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• parpol
    started a topic Did I lose My citizenship?

Did I lose My citizenship?

It was a dreadful night when I found my real birth certificate last august 2004. I was born in Guam in 1983. (I'm 22 now) I was made to believe I was born somewhere else (let's keep that as a secret) and lived there for 21 years. However, I am here now in US under visitor visa. I am confused. Am I a US Citizen or not? and how do I prove USCIS that I am a citizen? I don't even know if I had SSN when I was born. All my parents told me was they took me home to that country to the request of my grandparents (but they were both born in Guam, as indicated in my birth certificate) and decided to raise me and my siblings there. So I kind of ran away and flew all the way here (my aunts and uncles are here) to find my roots. I'm not even sure now if I was adopted or what. I need help. I hope someone could help me. Some lawyers won't believe what happened to me and that really ****s big time. So I am really hoping someone here could help. Thanks!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney