Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child of US citizen 130/485 interview + odd notice from USCIS

I look to the forums and I saw interview experiences for husband/wife of US citizens. I'm going through AOS but I'm in the category of "unmarried child of US citizen over 21". I wonder if anyone has any information on this kind of interview ? What questions asked, what to expext, etc.

Second thing is this 10 days ago I received a notice asking me to come to an interview. Today automated USCIS case status has sent me the following email :

On July 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Does anyone have any idea what they mean? also the automated system never notified me about the interview notice.
    Thanks

My time line
    1999 - Filed I-130 "unmarried child of LPR over 21"
    2004 - I-130 Approved - had to wait for a visa number/priority date
    April 2006 - Father become citizen of US, I-130 has been upgraded to "unmarried child of US citizen over 21" - priority date became current /visa number available.
    May 2006 - Filed I-485 with work permit and advance parole
    June 2006 - Biometrics
    June 2006 - Additional documents (another sponsor) asked for I-485
    July 2006 - Additional documents sent
    Beg of August - Work permit and advance parole received
    End of August - Got the interview notice for October.

I look to the forums and I saw interview experiences for husband/wife of US citizens. I'm going through AOS but I'm in the category of "unmarried child of US citizen over 21". I wonder if anyone has any information on this kind of interview ? What questions asked, what to expext, etc.

Second thing is this 10 days ago I received a notice asking me to come to an interview. Today automated USCIS case status has sent me the following email :

On July 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Does anyone have any idea what they mean? also the automated system never notified me about the interview notice.
    Thanks

My time line
    1999 - Filed I-130 "unmarried child of LPR over 21"
    2004 - I-130 Approved - had to wait for a visa number/priority date
    April 2006 - Father become citizen of US, I-130 has been upgraded to "unmarried child of US citizen over 21" - priority date became current /visa number available.
    May 2006 - Filed I-485 with work permit and advance parole
    June 2006 - Biometrics
    June 2006 - Additional documents (another sponsor) asked for I-485
    July 2006 - Additional documents sent
    Beg of August - Work permit and advance parole received
    End of August - Got the interview notice for October.

Comment

Hi Ivy,

not long ago we had a thread about AOS interview for USC's daughter. The question was weather the parent has to be present at the interview. Maybe somebody will remember the name of the Poster. She also decribed the interview briefly.

Email traslates to: USCIS received your response and will continue working on the case.

May I ask what was your status in the US prior to I-485 submission?

Comment

F1 - I was and still a PhD student.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs