Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration benefits fraud

My parents were misled into filing a fradulenet asylum application 10 yrs ago.They eventually recv'd their green card thru a family petition and therefore had withdrew their asylum. When they had their interview, the INS did find out that the application was a misrepresentation. Still they were excused for that.
    How will this affect me sinec I have my marriage petition pending at the moment. I was on that asylum app too but never really pursued it.
    This is my 2nd attempt to anyone out there who is in a similar scenario or anyone who can give me some concrete feed back.
    I have already been interviewed on 4/19/04 and the officer said we will review it further. My attoreny was with me at the interview and pointed out that I was a minor when my parents did what they did. The officer acknowledged it. I was surprised that she still asked to see our wedding pictures..
    Help.

My parents were misled into filing a fradulenet asylum application 10 yrs ago.They eventually recv'd their green card thru a family petition and therefore had withdrew their asylum. When they had their interview, the INS did find out that the application was a misrepresentation. Still they were excused for that.
    How will this affect me sinec I have my marriage petition pending at the moment. I was on that asylum app too but never really pursued it.
    This is my 2nd attempt to anyone out there who is in a similar scenario or anyone who can give me some concrete feed back.
    I have already been interviewed on 4/19/04 and the officer said we will review it further. My attoreny was with me at the interview and pointed out that I was a minor when my parents did what they did. The officer acknowledged it. I was surprised that she still asked to see our wedding pictures..
    Help.

Comment

no need to worry. I don't think they will blame you for that and I'm sure they will not deny your green card if you're eligible through family.
      they always look at wedding pictures..
      good luck

Comment

I am being petitoned by my wife who is a citizen. That should be still ok...right?

Comment

They never looked at my wedding pictures. You should be fine.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation