X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b visa issue/complications

hello

in summer 2006 I traveled to New York from Ireland on a j1 visa for the summer, at the end of the summer my employer asked me to consider staying on because the work we do involves allot of skill and he found it very hard to find and capable staff I wanted to stay on and we went about obtaining a 18 month j1 visa, the attorney filed a power of attorney so that i would not fall out of status when my j1 expired while the new j1 was being filed, when I did return to Ireland for my embassy interview in February 2007 it was denied as I had not brought enough evidence to support my ties to Ireland, this was not advised by attorney, I appealed and had another interview the next and I brought allot of evidence demonstrating my ties but it was not viewed and the visa again denied, not long after I was refused entry on the Montreal New york crossing. since then i have returned to college in Ireland and recently been in contact with an attorney in New York the firm specialize in immigration law and we are going about obtain H1B visa I have three years of college completed and over three years of work experience so I may be avail of the H1B, if so would i need 212 visa after being denied entry if so what are my chances of this and the H1 being successful, I would really like to get back working for my employer but obviously attorney fee's and visa fees will be costly and my employer and I don't want to invest money if it will be a complete waste of time, any help or advice you can offer or information on my case would be greatly appreciated thanks

hello

in summer 2006 I traveled to New York from Ireland on a j1 visa for the summer, at the end of the summer my employer asked me to consider staying on because the work we do involves allot of skill and he found it very hard to find and capable staff I wanted to stay on and we went about obtaining a 18 month j1 visa, the attorney filed a power of attorney so that i would not fall out of status when my j1 expired while the new j1 was being filed, when I did return to Ireland for my embassy interview in February 2007 it was denied as I had not brought enough evidence to support my ties to Ireland, this was not advised by attorney, I appealed and had another interview the next and I brought allot of evidence demonstrating my ties but it was not viewed and the visa again denied, not long after I was refused entry on the Montreal New york crossing. since then i have returned to college in Ireland and recently been in contact with an attorney in New York the firm specialize in immigration law and we are going about obtain H1B visa I have three years of college completed and over three years of work experience so I may be avail of the H1B, if so would i need 212 visa after being denied entry if so what are my chances of this and the H1 being successful, I would really like to get back working for my employer but obviously attorney fee's and visa fees will be costly and my employer and I don't want to invest money if it will be a complete waste of time, any help or advice you can offer or information on my case would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comment

You will not need to file an I-212 because you were not deported, just denied entrance.
      Others will have more input for the visa issue.....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation