Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interview on March 10,please help!

Hi everyone.I am a little nervous because my interview for my residency is on march,my husband and I got married on july 2005 but we didnt have a big honeymoon (i mean we didnt travel and we dont have any pictures) or a party because it was a small ceremony.The other problem is that as i said before,my work permit got lost in the mail and i never received,altought they sent it 3 months ago, i went to the USCIS building and they told me it was not their problem and i had to re-apply so i said that i will wait since i have a residency interview in less than a month. I was wondering if when i go to the interview,will I be in trouble because i dont have any government issue ID? i have my peruvian passport and my visa but its a tourist visa,i know that doesnt matter cause i am married to a citizen.
    Please can anyone give some tips for the interview? I will really appreciate it.Thanks.

Hi everyone.I am a little nervous because my interview for my residency is on march,my husband and I got married on july 2005 but we didnt have a big honeymoon (i mean we didnt travel and we dont have any pictures) or a party because it was a small ceremony.The other problem is that as i said before,my work permit got lost in the mail and i never received,altought they sent it 3 months ago, i went to the USCIS building and they told me it was not their problem and i had to re-apply so i said that i will wait since i have a residency interview in less than a month. I was wondering if when i go to the interview,will I be in trouble because i dont have any government issue ID? i have my peruvian passport and my visa but its a tourist visa,i know that doesnt matter cause i am married to a citizen.
    Please can anyone give some tips for the interview? I will really appreciate it.Thanks.

Comment

You don't have to get an EAD it is an option available to people who have applied for adjustment.

That being said, the officer may wonder how you have been supporting yourself in light of the fact you are not authorized to work.

I suggest you bring the I-765 receipt notice to the local INS office. Assuming 90 days have passed since the notice date, you can apply for a temporary EAD.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation