Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone know the answer to these questions pls help

Is it possible for someone to commit a crime or felony and the person doesn't know. What are the basic thing checks with the finger print we submit for this citizenship? I hope they are not looking for how many banks I open how many are closed by the bank because of NSF. Because my account was closed long long time ago for such reason. If anyone knows, the answers help me out.

Is it possible for someone to commit a crime or felony and the person doesn't know. What are the basic thing checks with the finger print we submit for this citizenship? I hope they are not looking for how many banks I open how many are closed by the bank because of NSF. Because my account was closed long long time ago for such reason. If anyone knows, the answers help me out.

Comment

Not to discount any ramnfications of passing NSF checks, but any immigration penalties, which would be imposed, would be upon having being charged with a crime.

Comment

Can you pls elaborate it a little bit more for me to understand you clear
        thanks

Comment

I think what swissnut trying to say is, as long as you're not convicted/charge with then crime, then it should not have any bearings on your immigration process. Of course even after you're granted PR status, a felony conviction can easily mean loss of the privilege and deportation.
          I find it hard someone could be charge for a crime without themselves knowing about it. The local law enforcement will do their best to locate you first before the court will even begin to weight the posibility of in-absentia verdict. Now if this person move around a lot and basically make himself hard to find, thats another story.

Comment

Tai,

Are you implying that you consider the passing of an NSF check to be a "crime or felony"?

Financial solvency is not a requirement of the N400.

Comment

Furthermore, passing checks knowing there are insufficient funds, and having a bank close your account due to lack of funds are also two different matters.

Comment

yes

Comment

no charges, i pay the money even before the account was closed.

Comment

May be I did not narrated the story very well the check was paid by bank and it resulted in NSF probably 100 dollar, and I paid the money back but they still decided to close the account. But as at to day I have re open my account back with the same bank after five years. Again about warrant, I have been given ticket many times for speeding and they usually run my DL, if I have a warrant it will show up and I will be arrested. I'm in the same location for over five years. So I think there is no problem. Believe me its not intentional.

Comment

Based on that, I don't think you even have the remote possibility of being charge with writing a bad check. If any, the Bank cover for your shortcomings and imposed overdraft fee to your account, afterward they close your account. The original merchant never got a bounced check on his behalf thanks to your bank.

You did mention speeding ticket. IIRC, the N400 application specifically ask for any criminal violations, so make sure you document that also.

Comment

speeding ticket is not a criminal violation, i don't ever think this is a criminal violation. correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Speeding ticket is a misdemeanor class B or C depending on the states. Speeding ticket above 20mph is generally considering reckless driving and is definite misdemenaor.

N400 application used to include a paragraph that exclude speeding ticket in the criminal violation part, but they removed that a couple years back.

Comment

Are you now saying speeding ticket is a criminal violation that needs to be declaring for citizenship?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation