Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NURSE WANTED TO CLAIM PARENTS AS DEPENDENTS

i'm a licensed nurse currently being petitioned by a hospital. I have filed my I-140 and I-485. I AM CURRENTLY SINGLE. My question is...
    would I be able to claim my parents as DEPENDENTS ?? -OR- do I need to wait until I get my Green Card ??

i'm a licensed nurse currently being petitioned by a hospital. I have filed my I-140 and I-485. I AM CURRENTLY SINGLE. My question is...
    would I be able to claim my parents as DEPENDENTS ?? -OR- do I need to wait until I get my Green Card ??

Comment

If you mean, can you sponsor them for a green card by including them on your application, then no. You can't sponsor them until you become a citizen.

Comment

Aliba,
        Thank you for your response.

Say, the Nurse is "JUST" about to be HIRED by the Hospital as Foreign Worker, Being SINGLE, Would he/she be able to Claim her Parents as her Dependents ?? just like in the case if he/she is married for spouse and children ??

Comment

Again. NO. You can only sponsor your spouse and children (and I believe there are limits on age and marital status on the latter as well). Once you gain U.S. citizenship, and can prove you can support them, you can petition for your parents.

Check www.uscis.gov. http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/parents.htm#Whois

Your parents are your parents, whether you pay for their support or not.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation