X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa stamping question

Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen . I came to the US on a H4 visa. Three months ago I got my H1 work visa. I am planning to go to India in October for a month but I am unbale to get an appointment at the consultate for this year.

Hence I am planning to go to Canada to have my visa stamped. I am aware that after 9/11 there has been a rule that visas can be stamped only in the home country. There have been rumours that this law has been revoked lately. Can somebody please guide me about this.

Does anyone here have the experience of getting the visa stamped outside of India?
    Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen . I came to the US on a H4 visa. Three months ago I got my H1 work visa. I am planning to go to India in October for a month but I am unbale to get an appointment at the consultate for this year.

Hence I am planning to go to Canada to have my visa stamped. I am aware that after 9/11 there has been a rule that visas can be stamped only in the home country. There have been rumours that this law has been revoked lately. Can somebody please guide me about this.

Does anyone here have the experience of getting the visa stamped outside of India?
    Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

Do you mean to get your visa laminated into you passport? As far as I am aware, you do not need to travel to your home country, you just need to travel out of the US, so biometric data can be collected (a fingerprint). I am renewing my H1B visa, and had to travel out of the US to do this. Hope this helps a little...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation