Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petitioner withdrawing I-130

I'm a US citizen who has been married to a Turkish national for almost 2 1/2 . We have one child together. My husband and I never had a good marriage and I had long suspected him of having used me to obtain legal status. My suspicions were confirmed without any doubt after our first interview...within a months time he told me we should separate for a year and then see how things could be after that. Things changed A LOT since then...I now have two restraining orders against my husband and he now has a pending harrassment case in NY crimianl court. To make a long story short, in November 2005 I began divorce proceedings. I also attempted to withdraw my I-130 petiton which was still "pending" even after the interview. I had contacted an immigration attorney and also spoke with several people from USCIS who informed me that I was still able to withdraw my I-130 as it was still pending. To this day I have not recieved any confirmation of my withdrawal and when I check the web site it's stated the I-130 is still pending. I have submitted withdrawals both in person and have written to several other offices (Nation Benefits Center where the I-130 originated, I was told and the California Service Center because my husbands I-485 had been transferred there in Jan. 06'). Still, I have no confirmation of my withdrawal. Any suggestions or opinions as to what may be going on? Do you always recieve confirmation of a withdrawal? Thanks to all who answer.

I'm a US citizen who has been married to a Turkish national for almost 2 1/2 . We have one child together. My husband and I never had a good marriage and I had long suspected him of having used me to obtain legal status. My suspicions were confirmed without any doubt after our first interview...within a months time he told me we should separate for a year and then see how things could be after that. Things changed A LOT since then...I now have two restraining orders against my husband and he now has a pending harrassment case in NY crimianl court. To make a long story short, in November 2005 I began divorce proceedings. I also attempted to withdraw my I-130 petiton which was still "pending" even after the interview. I had contacted an immigration attorney and also spoke with several people from USCIS who informed me that I was still able to withdraw my I-130 as it was still pending. To this day I have not recieved any confirmation of my withdrawal and when I check the web site it's stated the I-130 is still pending. I have submitted withdrawals both in person and have written to several other offices (Nation Benefits Center where the I-130 originated, I was told and the California Service Center because my husbands I-485 had been transferred there in Jan. 06'). Still, I have no confirmation of my withdrawal. Any suggestions or opinions as to what may be going on? Do you always recieve confirmation of a withdrawal? Thanks to all who answer.

Comment

Sometimes they tell you nothing at all. I would wait a couple of months and check again. Sometimes, it just takes time. If there is still no answer, I would send my withdrawl again but send it with mail confirmation. It is only a few dollars more ($3.95 I think) - but you can track the letter and the post office confirms in writing that the letter was delivered.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation