Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARRY and OVERSTAY

Hello, I have married an overstay here. What are the steps to help her update her visa? Her visa expired about 8 months ago. Is this hard? What do I need? Any information will help. She still has all her paperwork.PLEASE HELp :0(>...

Hello, I have married an overstay here. What are the steps to help her update her visa? Her visa expired about 8 months ago. Is this hard? What do I need? Any information will help. She still has all her paperwork.PLEASE HELp :0(>...

Comment

Request I-130 packge to file for your spouse from USCIS. along with I-485 and follow the instructions, if you have any questions return to this board.

Comment

You don't have to request anything from the USCIS. You can simply go to the uscis.gov website and download all necessary forms there.

Overstay is forgiven in marriage based adjustment or status, so no worries there. Just make sure she does not leave the country under any circumstances until she has her greencard, if she has overstayed more than 180 days. Readsome more posts here and also at www.immigrate2us.net to learn which forms you need
        good luck

Comment

Are u a Citizen or Green Card Holder ?

Comment

yes. I was born here and lived here my complete life. She came here on a vistor visa. It experied already. OPPS>

Comment

There is no problem at all. Just file her papers for Green Card - on basis of marriage to a Citizen - and she will get it in around 3 to 5 months time. Dont delay ! All forms are available at ..

http://uscis.gov/

Good Luck ! ...do tell how it went along.

Comment

Another example of the difference between an overstay and someone who entered illegally. Which makes one wonder - why is the first one forgiven and the second immediately deported?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation