X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 past criminal activity

Hello everybody,
    Ok here's the deal I'm about to send out my n-400 but unsure if I should obtain my past criminal/arrest record to send with my application. According to the info on the help packet it states "if you've ever been convicted or arrested for a crime you must send in arrest record/etc or other supporting documents you want uscis to consider." Now on the other hand, I've lived in America my entire life and this is the only country I've ever known or can remember 28 years to be exact and I am 29 now. I got caught for riding in a stolen car when I was 15 and that is the only crime I've ever been convicted of. That was about 14 years ago I was young and made a horrible mistake. Anyways on the "good moral character" part, I've moved on and lived my life since and have had absolutely nothing else on my record. So I've been "good for over the past 10 years", my state has even granted me a concealed weapons permit several years ago and I carry a loaded piece on me daily. If uscis does not categorize me in the "good moral character" dept. then I'm at total lost. Sorry so long, but I'm almost finished. Both my parents are naturalized citizens about when I was 12, they didn't included me for whatever reasons at that time now I have to do this on my own and it's about time. So should I go through the hassle and take time to obtain the arrest/conviction record, or just list it on the n-400 without "supporting documentation" and send it in? I would assume I would be alright without it since a. the crime was over 10 years ago. b. it occured when I was a juvenile. c. no previous crimes or conviction in past 5 years (uscis requirements) and last but not leas d.(nothing related but have to let people know) I have never committed a violent or heinous crime against anyone, have never committed any type of ***/assault against anyone but a born American can sexually assault and kill someone, do the time, be realeased and still not have their citizenship taken away and I have to go through all this...just to become one. I'm American as the next man is the way I see it.

Hello everybody,
    Ok here's the deal I'm about to send out my n-400 but unsure if I should obtain my past criminal/arrest record to send with my application. According to the info on the help packet it states "if you've ever been convicted or arrested for a crime you must send in arrest record/etc or other supporting documents you want uscis to consider." Now on the other hand, I've lived in America my entire life and this is the only country I've ever known or can remember 28 years to be exact and I am 29 now. I got caught for riding in a stolen car when I was 15 and that is the only crime I've ever been convicted of. That was about 14 years ago I was young and made a horrible mistake. Anyways on the "good moral character" part, I've moved on and lived my life since and have had absolutely nothing else on my record. So I've been "good for over the past 10 years", my state has even granted me a concealed weapons permit several years ago and I carry a loaded piece on me daily. If uscis does not categorize me in the "good moral character" dept. then I'm at total lost. Sorry so long, but I'm almost finished. Both my parents are naturalized citizens about when I was 12, they didn't included me for whatever reasons at that time now I have to do this on my own and it's about time. So should I go through the hassle and take time to obtain the arrest/conviction record, or just list it on the n-400 without "supporting documentation" and send it in? I would assume I would be alright without it since a. the crime was over 10 years ago. b. it occured when I was a juvenile. c. no previous crimes or conviction in past 5 years (uscis requirements) and last but not leas d.(nothing related but have to let people know) I have never committed a violent or heinous crime against anyone, have never committed any type of ***/assault against anyone but a born American can sexually assault and kill someone, do the time, be realeased and still not have their citizenship taken away and I have to go through all this...just to become one. I'm American as the next man is the way I see it.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about mate. All you have to do is list your crime and take the arrest record with you to the interview just in case they ask you about it. basically the one and only principle you must follow is disclose everything and don't lie........and that includes speeding tickets

Comment

send it with the application.

Why dont you consult with an immigration attorney, U might be a citizen already based on ur parents naturalization.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, what confuses me is it states "you must send in any supporting documents you want uscis to consider." It doesn't specifically state, "you must send it in or/it it absolutely mandatory that you send it in." "that you want uscis to consider" is what has me questioning. I've met the requirements of 5 years clean (beyond that actually) and if I list the crime, again I would assume everything should be square. Don't want to make this difficult but would like to be on the right pagge. And as we all know, to even talk to an attorney will cost $$, I'm not rich. As soon as you even look at him/her, "ok we're going to charge you 24.50 for a 'looking at me fee'" no joke...LOL

Comment

lol depends but I can understand.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudImmigrant:
              ... and I carry a loaded piece on me daily. If uscis does not categorize me in the "good moral character" dept. then I'm at total lost.... . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudImmigrant:
              ...but a born American can sexually assault and kill someone, do the time, be realeased and still not have their citizenship taken away and I have to go through all this...just to become one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Like someone said, I may not like what you have to say....
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudImmigrant:Both my parents are naturalized citizens about when I was 12, they didn't included me for whatever reasons at that time now I have to do this on my own and it's about time. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A4.pdf
              I was born overseas. After I was born, my parent(s) became naturalized U.S. citizens. Could I have derived U.S. citizenship?
              If one of your parents naturalized after February 27, 2001, and you were a permanent resident and under 18 at the time, then you may have automatically acquired U.S. citizenship. Before that date, you may have automatically acquired U.S. citizenship if you were a permanent resident and under 18 when both parents naturalized, or if you had only one parent when that parent naturalized.

Comment

Sodium Hypochlorite

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs