X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 processing past-due at TX service center

Folks,
    My I-485 was submitted in the may of 2002 with finger-prints taken in July. The processing time was set at 725 days, which has past a couple of weeks back.
    I've not heard anything from INS about my case since the FP was taken. Should I worry - e.g. should I try to get in touch with INS or is it considered to be normal circumstances nowadays.
    Thanks

Folks,
    My I-485 was submitted in the may of 2002 with finger-prints taken in July. The processing time was set at 725 days, which has past a couple of weeks back.
    I've not heard anything from INS about my case since the FP was taken. Should I worry - e.g. should I try to get in touch with INS or is it considered to be normal circumstances nowadays.
    Thanks

Comment

The times you were given are merely an average. Some take less and, in your case, some take more time.

You are at a time were an inquiry is justified.

Good luck.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
      I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

Originally posted by xandtrick:
        The times you were given are merely an average. Some take less and, in your case, some take more time.

You are at a time were an inquiry is justified.

Good luck.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
        The TCS website said that they are processing applications submitted in jan of 2002.
        So I probably shouldn't even bug 'em?

Comment

of course not. You said - may 2002, now they are looking at Jan 2002. It's too early for your application.

Comment

Alright,

Lucy, what would you say about my situation?

I filled in Detroit in September 2002, took finger print in Dec2003. Now they are processing September 2003. In order words, my interview is 12-13 months past due. I went there; Hum, they had nothing to tell me. Does that make any sense? It's just crazy. I dont think anybody should rely on the processing dates posted. Just hanging and cross your fingers until your turn.

Comment

Cisse,
              In your case, you should talk to your congressman for an inquiry.

Comment

Kalla is right, you should bug a congressman.

Comment

How easy is it to make you congresman to start an inquiry on your behalf. Do you just come to his office and file the paperwork, or is it more involved?

Comment

I think you still should wait until they call on you. Sooner or later your turn will come up.
                    If you contact your congressman, you may complicate your case. Just wait and forget about it until your turn.

Comment

Contacting your congressperson DOES work. If I hadn't contacted mine, my paperwork for my husband would STILL be lost.
                      Just do a google or internet search for
                      your state congress. Then pick a congressman and you will be able to look up information on how to contact them. They will typically require a written request. This can be faxed or given in person. I wish you luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation