Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need advice for a friend ( removal proceedings)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    Children Used as tools!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Great...more visa cheats taking up space in my country....and some trailer park dufus that wants to help them....

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    No, its not irrelevent, being it exposes a little bit of underlying truth. Now you ask that it be supressed. BTW, most everyone else already saw it and is why you aren't getting much in the way of the answers you want.

So, what country are they from where they both showed evidence of significant assets and jobs that they would certainly return to when they asked for their visa? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he enter on valid visa so did she. he is from haiti

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    What countries are they from? If they were eating mud as you say it is very unlikely they would have been granted a visa to come here at all.

In order to qualify for a visa a person has to convince our government officials they have every intention of returning. This also requires the showing of something significant to return to. A mere, I have a job, isn't good enough. You must show evidence of significant assets and ties to your home country to convince the consular you will go home. So, either both of the did some in depth scheming to acquire a visa when they should never have been granted one or they are both lying about how bad things are for them in their country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just stop posting. because what u saying is irrelevant to my original question. you have no sound advise .. so just stop now

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    Stay with her man. Have a little dignity and respect for what is best for the kids. His children don't care how much money their dad makes. Money will NOT make them better kids!

Those kids just want their dad. It's no more complicated than that. They would be far better off eating beans and rice with their father who wants them than McDonalds with a step father who wished they got run over by the next passing car.

She should go back to his country with him.[/QUOTE]

well lets hope thats not the case. lets hope that the lawyers can help him with a waiver because his country is very poor , peope eating mud , he has no family there so it will be much harder.

Leave a comment:

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    the Children? What is The best method To protect The children!!! You are Toast And the Others toast!!! the children????? What is the best avenue To Protect The children???? In this Situation???
    Their future?????

Leave a comment:

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    These are the Posts that feed my life!!
    Spinach!!! Keep em coming something for nothing!!!

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    If she would love for the kids to be with their dad, then she should do it.

Oh, by the way. More people are killed in the U.S. each year than in what ever war is going on where ever they are from. 15,000 or so last year. So, is it an issue of safety? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she should do what?
    And obviously u have never lived in a 3rd world country...

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    If he was married at the time then he is toast. He jumped the line and will probably be sent packing.

I think the part you were not told is he told her he 'would' have his citizenship soon. Which at the time was true and what many people do. Wait for citizenship to get a faster turn around on spouse applications. Anyone with half a brain would have asked to see the citizenship certificate, if that were so important at the time.

Last time I checked, we're at war too. Still, your 'friend' is shallow for wanting to ditch her husband since he can't produce a GC at the moment. If she is so concerned about her kids then she needs to consider another fact. No man is going to take care of someone else's kids the way the real dad will. Something to consider. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no he just tell her he was a citizen

well because she loved and trustted him she didnt ask to see his citz certificate

stop being unrealistic... they are not constantly shooting people now in the US

she would love for her kids to grow with their dad...

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by concerned88:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by concerned88:
    you don't understand the whole thing. He lied to her that he was a citizen and convince her to overstay her visa because he could file for her. She found out later after marriage and a child that he wasn't and could not file for her. He tries to get the citizenship before she found out but he was denied and now placed in removal proceeding. I know she loves him but she is thinking of the 2 small children and herself too. She doesn't want to be in removal too. thats why she wanted to get out of the marriage b4 they zero in on her. Also they are both from different countries ... so being both deported will not make them be together either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too many conclusions being jumped to here.
    Sorry, but it sounds like your friend married mostly for the greencard legality issue. Certainly it does not sound like a marriage as she is not standing behind him to continue to be a wife just because he cannot make her legal And now is quickly looking for the "NEXT" that can make her legal.

I feel bad for the guy that wanted her so much that he had to lie to get her to marry him because he knew that she would not marry him if he could not get her papers. And the issue about living in 2 differnet countries is WHAT?

He can petition for her from his country to come live with her there. Oh..I forgot, she is not interested in the husband... it is the usa that she is worried about to stay here. Poor guy.

Now what you need to do concerned88 is find out exactly what the fraud was that caused his citizenship to be denied and greencard to be revoked. It could be something fairly simple like he previ0usly had his conditions removed from a joint 751 petition when he had already been divorced or seperated. This type of thing will surface and come to light when n-400 is applied for. He may just have to file a 751 waiver (if that is the case) and get an approved permanent resident card. then he can apply for the n-400 and possibly get his citizenship to be able to make her legal.

Find the facts and a possible solution that would sovle immigration and marriage problem at same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your comment . BUt she is not a green card hungry person. They were actually engaged while she was in her country and when she came to visit him she got pregnant and he told her to stay and get married. She got married and decided to go back home, but he keep conccincing her that he was a citizen and she didnt have to go home.. so she agreed to stay. Why are u sorry for him ? HE lied!! she was willing to go home after they were married til something can happen for them. Now he puts her in a difficult position.

Different country matters.. Both countries ar at war presently .. not a place to raise family especially her husband country. She is thinking about better life for her kids too who are US citizens.

Thanks for the latter solution. He really needs a waiver. I think they belieeve he lied about his marital status to gain benefits ( his first marriage). He got the green card under unmarried son instead of married from his parents who are US citizen. I think thats the whole issue that came up when he apply for his citz.

I hope he can get a waiver because he is the sole breadwinner for his family (wife and kids). But what he did to his wife was inconsiderate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    you don't understand the whole thing. He lied to her that he was a citizen and convince her to overstay her visa because he could file for her. She found out later after marriage and a child that he wasn't and could not file for her. He tries to get the citizenship before she found out but he was denied and now placed in removal proceeding. I know she loves him but she is thinking of the 2 small children and herself too. She doesn't want to be in removal too. thats why she wanted to get out of the marriage b4 they zero in on her. Also they are both from different countries ... so being both deported will not make them be together either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but it sounds like your friend married mostly for the greencard legality issue. Certainly it does not sound like a marriage as she is not standing behind him to continue to be a wife just because he cannot make her legal And now is quickly looking for the "NEXT" that can make her legal.

I feel bad for the guy that wanted her so much that he had to lie to get her to marry him because he knew that she would not marry him if he could not get her papers. And the issue about living in 2 differnet countries is WHAT?

He can petition for her from his country to come live with her there. Oh..I forgot, she is not interested in the husband... it is the usa that she is worried about to stay here. Poor guy.

Now what you need to do concerned88 is find out exactly what the fraud was that caused his citizenship to be denied and greencard to be revoked. It could be something fairly simple like he previ0usly had his conditions removed from a joint 751 petition when he had already been divorced or seperated. This type of thing will surface and come to light when n-400 is applied for. He may just have to file a 751 waiver (if that is the case) and get an approved permanent resident card. then he can apply for the n-400 and possibly get his citizenship to be able to make her legal.

Find the facts and a possible solution that would sovle immigration and marriage problem at same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your comment . BUt she is not a green card hungry person. They were actually engaged while she was in her country and when she came to visit him she got pregnant and he told her to stay and get married. She got married and decided to go back home, but he keep conccincing her that he was a citizen and she didnt have to go home.. so she agreed to stay. Why are u sorry for him ? HE lied!! she was willing to go home after they were married til something can happen for them. Now he puts her in a difficult position.

Different country matters.. Both countries ar at war presently .. not a place to raise family especially her husband country. She is thinking about better life for her kids too who are US citizens.

Thanks for the latter solution. He really needs a waiver. I think they belieeve he lied about his marital status to gain benefits ( his first marriage). He got the green card under unmarried instead of married from his parents who are US citizen. I think thats the whole issue that came up when he apply for his citz.

I hope he can get a waiver because he is the sole breadwinner for his family (wife and kids). But what he did to his wife was inconsiderate.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Go ahead and try vawa, you'll get deported that much quicker. The guy has to be a legal resident at minimum for that to work. Plus it has to be proven. It appears he isn't legal, doubtful provable given the underlying interest given. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He WAS a legal resident at the time that he married her.

I do not see how she can say that she was emotionally abused if in fact she was not. What does his status have to do with bonafide marriage? It only proves that she would not have married him if she knew he could not secure a greencard for her.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied

Find the facts and a possible solution that would sovle immigration and marriage problem at same time.

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    more like "waaa waaa...gimme a visa....waaa waaa"....NO MORE VISA CHEATS IN AMERICA! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grow up and get a life

You are not a victim so u wouldn't understand
    If you have nothing helpful to say , then be quiet

Leave a comment:

• concerned88
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. Mani:
    If she leaves, she's subject to a 10 year bar. She may be eligible for VAWA but because she does not have status, she should definitely not call USCIS to ask them about it or file any forms. She should see an immigration attorney familiar with VAWA or go to a community outreach program or shelter for abused women to see if she can get help.

The fact that her husband held out he was a citizen when he wasn't in order to string his wife along and the fact htat he emotionally abused her are grounds for a VAWA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for info

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed