X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re typo in name on H1B approval notice

Hi,
    I recently received my H1B approval. It has a typo in my last name. It has been spelt as "BHARMA" instead of "BHAMRA." My last name was spelt correctly on my petition. Please advise on what i need to do.
    Thanks

Hi,
    I recently received my H1B approval. It has a typo in my last name. It has been spelt as "BHARMA" instead of "BHAMRA." My last name was spelt correctly on my petition. Please advise on what i need to do.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi Bhamra!

Welcome to the forum! When you received your approval, did USCIS provide contact information? I would notifiy them immediately of the error so they have ample time to correct it. Best of luck to you. (If you can't find contact information, go to uscis.gov).

Comment

ProudUSC is right, the USCIS contact number is written on your approval. It's 1.800.375.5283, and requesting to correct any information is one of the automated menu choices. It's so easy to do now. The only catch is that, they won't entertain you if you'll make the call yourself. They want either your petitioner or lawyer only.

Comment

A typo is a typo, why take it beyond that? This is a process involving human beings, and human beings are prone to error.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:
            A typo is a typo, why take it beyond that? This is a process involving human beings, and human beings are prone to error.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that's how I read it too, Houston. I can't imagine there isn't room for a small error within USCIS that couldn't be corrected via a phone call or something. I would think they would have a process to handle this sort of thing, but maybe I am jumping to conclusions.

In any case, I hope the OP can get this straightened out sooner than later.

Comment

A typo on the approval notice isn't that bad. Human error and all. But you should call them to get a correction before anything official comes, just to be on the safe side.
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks guys...
                I had called up USCIS once i received my H1B receipt notice which also had the same error. They gave me a case number and said USCIS takes around 30 days to respond. After few days i received my approval notice with the same error. I called up USCIS again and they told me that my employer would have to personally call them to fix this.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation