X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Number : I485

Hi

I just need something to be clarified, is the Alien Number (also called 'A' number) also the same number that is on the I-485 receipt notice and the Finger Print notice?

While my AOS application is pending - I want to apply for federal loan for my graduate school, and they need an Alien # so I can be qualified - can I use the I485 'A-#' to be qualified? or not?

Thanks guys.

Hi

I just need something to be clarified, is the Alien Number (also called 'A' number) also the same number that is on the I-485 receipt notice and the Finger Print notice?

While my AOS application is pending - I want to apply for federal loan for my graduate school, and they need an Alien # so I can be qualified - can I use the I485 'A-#' to be qualified? or not?

Thanks guys.

Comment

You are not eligible until you are granted and there is no telling whether the A-number is the real one or a temporary one. In any case, you have to prove it for those applications and you don't have the proof.

Comment

I don't have to prove it, they do backgorund check of the authenticity of the number I guess - and if they find out this is not an ALIEN #, then they would request a proof.

In any case, what are the chances of the I485 # being the official ALIEN #?

Comment

Mo,

That alien number is the one you will have always, it is the same one you will have in the EAD and eventually in your green card. They never do "temporary" numbers. Once you are asigned a number there is no change.

Comment

alex-p:

That is not TRUE, I had an A# on my EAD, and when I got my CGC I got another DIFFERENT A#

Comment

Aguila,

really? isn't your A# like a social security number?, not supposed to change. Even CIS tells you so.

Comment

alex-p:

I was curious about that, and that is the first think I look at when I got my CGC.

The A# were different.

Comment

So, in some cases they issue temporary A#, and in other cases they don't.

alex-p and Aguila, could you guys share what was your AOS based on? marriage/work/family?

Comment

Mine was marriage, receipt date 3/02/04

Comment

Mo,

They only ask for A# if you are a resident. I hope you are not applying for the federal loan as a LPR.

Comment

Kenny

You are right... one way or another they will know.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed