X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 & lawyers

Hi,

I am eligible to file N-400 (married a US citizen), and was wondering if I should retain a lawyer? How complicated is the process? I had a tough time with getting my green card and eventually had to retain a lawyer. I don't want to go through the same thing with this, but would also like to save money if I could do it myself. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hi,

I am eligible to file N-400 (married a US citizen), and was wondering if I should retain a lawyer? How complicated is the process? I had a tough time with getting my green card and eventually had to retain a lawyer. I don't want to go through the same thing with this, but would also like to save money if I could do it myself. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Comment

Sunrine

Filing N=400 should not need a lawyer. Instructions and preperation work are minimal.

Now if you have had criminal issues, etc, then it is best to obtain an attorney.

What type of issues did you have that required an attorney to get your green card. Or was it clerical errors etc on your part?

Comment

Thanks for replying, Nothing criminal. Had some problems with the 90 day rule of the J-1 visa, and the interviewer gave me a hard time about being married twice. But the main problem was the J-1.

Comment

Ok

I understand.

then it should not be a problem with N-400. It is straight forward. Just make sure that everything is documented as requested. Basically, the same evidences as the I-751 and current evidences that document that you are still living together with your husband . If you have spent extensive time outside of the country, you will have to make sure you meet the physical presence requirement.

Good Luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed