Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 taken away by airlines by mistake

While I was travelling from India to USA, I was waiting at one of the airports in USA for my connection. An airlines staff asked for my passport and by mistake pulled away my
    I-94 from from it. May be I was mistaken with the other passengers that
    might be travelling out side US. The officer looked at my boarding pass for the next flight
    (which was for the flight going to a city in USA), however, he didnt realized and by mistake he took away I-94 from
    my passport (he was doing that for other passengers too so I thought it was part of the process).

I didnt knew that it needs to be preserved till I leave the USA. I know that in case of lost/stolen I-94 I need to file I-102. However, I doubt that in my case it might have reached the USCIS.

Please help me. I am very much worried.

While I was travelling from India to USA, I was waiting at one of the airports in USA for my connection. An airlines staff asked for my passport and by mistake pulled away my
    I-94 from from it. May be I was mistaken with the other passengers that
    might be travelling out side US. The officer looked at my boarding pass for the next flight
    (which was for the flight going to a city in USA), however, he didnt realized and by mistake he took away I-94 from
    my passport (he was doing that for other passengers too so I thought it was part of the process).

I didnt knew that it needs to be preserved till I leave the USA. I know that in case of lost/stolen I-94 I need to file I-102. However, I doubt that in my case it might have reached the USCIS.

Please help me. I am very much worried.

Comment

Dear Mermaid2084 - I-94 is issued at the "point of entry", i.e. where you cross the border. It consist of two parts, one of which stays in your passport and the second part is sent to the USCIS archive. So, if you lose the part in your passport, the second part is still in the USCIS possession. File form 102 and put in as much information as you can. Hopefully you'll get a replacement. Good luck.

Comment

Dear Verbalist,

Thank you very much for your response. How do I put the information about the episode while fileing the I-102? Should I put the information on the plain paper and send it along the I-102?

Please reply and oblige.

Comment

Yes. Send it via registered mail and keep all copies in your passport - as of now it's the ONLY proof of your legal presence in the US.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation