Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Revised Name Check Policy

Does anyone know about the new revised name check policy? From what I understand, if you're stuck in the FBI name check for over 180, they can approve your I-485 if everything seems to be ok. I've been waiting for over 180 days and I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do now.

Does anyone know about the new revised name check policy? From what I understand, if you're stuck in the FBI name check for over 180, they can approve your I-485 if everything seems to be ok. I've been waiting for over 180 days and I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do now.

Comment

This is the latest one on the subject.

http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Mocanu%20Aytes.pdf

Comment

hi herbit, thats not true actually even if it's been 7 years, they wont approve any i-485 without the FBI clearence

Comment

I found this dated 7th Feb

Under the new policy, applications that are otherwise approvable and the FBI name check has been pending for more than 180 days, the officer must approve the I-485, I-601, I-687 and proceed with Card issuance. So in other words, if the case is good and the FBI is the only reason for the delay after 6 months of delay, USCIS must issue the card. This doesn't apply to pending Citizenship N400 cases at this time for some reason.

http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2008/0...und_check.html
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

they can tell you it's approved or whatever ,but they still need to get the FBI clearence

Comment

yea but they keep blaiming each other actually, i know ppl who's been waiting for 2 years for the FBI clearence and they didnt get the approval yet

Comment

Things will change, Mike, after the implementation of this new regulation.

Comment

thats good to know actually thnx

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. Do you guys know when it's suppose to go into effect? Do you think that they'll approve these automatically or do I have to contact them? Thanks

Comment

It's good news for PR applicants. I like where the USCIS admit it's unlikely most will be denied due to derogatory information in the FBI background check. A bit of a departure from the "must do" and "vital for National Security" they were advocating before *L*

I guess us Natz applicants will be waiting quite some time still as they will process PRs first then later the N-400s (in about 2yrs time ;-)
                      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation