• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson
    replied
    Originally posted by usforlove:
    Hello everyone,

I live in India and my girlfriend of 2 years has just gone to the US to study PG for a year. We broke up before she went and now I need to go to the US to win her back.. I love her more than anything and I would do anything to get her back.

I applied for a tourist visa to go to the US but was rejected twice u/s 214b. I have no intention of staying in the US. I would come back as soon as I meet her. I have property and financial holdings in India and a lot of family ties and business.

However, without looking at the papers or ties, my visa was rejected both times. I am 27, unmarried and have started my own company 1 year back after working for 7 years at another company. I guess one of these is a factor for rejection.

I wanted to know what I can do in this situation. I am desperate to go. BUT HOW? If I apply again for a visitor visa, I know they are going to reject it.. and be even more suspicious.

What options do I have? Can I write to the Consulate General and explain my case? How open are they to this? Can I provide a departure bond?

Any other options? I want to avoid coming to the US illegally by crossing any borders.. not until I've tried everything else...

HELP!

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, this is typical in India from the U.S. Consulate and Embassy.

I am assuming the girlfriend is an Indian national and not a USC.

It may be how you filled out the DS 157 form that caused the rejection. Sometimes too much honesty can hurt you.

As for advice, the referral is probably your best option, but no guarantee. If they deny you a third time, you will have to wait at least a year or maybe two before reapplying again.

And when it comes to advice, Federale, SOM, and S12 are the posters you want to ignore FYI.

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    Tak,

on the Notice of Action - I-797C. Received date is April 18, 2002, Notice Date is April 19, 2002. Priority date was left empty which eventually wil become my Received date.

Originally posted by Tak:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i havent heard nothiing yet from Nebrasaka but on the case status portfolio, continuous date update with no specific details what type of updates they are doin, it says: Initial Review.
    Nebraska is working on I-130s filed in October 2002. When your I-130 was filed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• Tak
    replied
    i havent heard nothiing yet from Nebrasaka but on the case status portfolio, continuous date update with no specific details what type of updates they are doin, it says: Initial Review.
    Nebraska is working on I-130s filed in October 2002. When your I-130 was filed?

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    someone12,

when on any post did i state that i want my case to be placed above and beyond???? i do have the opportunity to live 6 months of each year in US, I can push the luck for Nafta visa as i am Professional engineer (P.Eng), for god sake people, when have i ever stated that i am trying to expedite or push my papers through???????? all i am doing is learning the Std operating procedures of the family based immigration service and this is why i am here. btw, are u watchin your keyboard when u type in your stuff cause i dont understand 99% of your words, looks like your computer has swine flue, hahahahahahahah H111111111111111111111

Originally posted by Someone12:
    Referrals are no guarantee of visa issuance-- especially for dirtbag liars like the OP...who is making up this abercrombie story (i.e. bee ess) to scam a visa...and now he's unhappy because they have seen through his baloney.
    So go ahead, OP, and try and get all the silly letters you can...be sure and notarize them (that will help!!)...bring those fake papers about your alleged 'business' too.
    And our syrian cj has no clue about US immigration law...and for some inexplicable reason thinks his case should be placed above all the rest....why??????

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Referrals are no guarantee of visa issuance-- especially for dirtbag liars like the OP...who is making up this abercrombie story (i.e. bee ess) to scam a visa...and now he's unhappy because they have seen through his baloney.
    So go ahead, OP, and try and get all the silly letters you can...be sure and notarize them (that will help!!)...bring those fake papers about your alleged 'business' too.
    And our syrian cj has no clue about US immigration law...and for some inexplicable reason thinks his case should be placed above all the rest....why??????

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    Tak,

now they are issuing visas for brothere/ sister dated JUNE 15, 99 i havent heard nothiing yet from Nebrasaka but on the case status portfolio, continuous date update with no specific details what type of updates they are doin, it says: Initial Review. if you were to guess, when do u expect nebrasaka to send their approval notice? Thx

Federale86:

You are hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• Tak
    replied
    Federale86:

You are hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    Fed,

there are 3 reasons for ppl to be here, ppl who need to seek advice because they dont have enough experience in US immigration and i belong to this group, 2nd is ppl who voluntered to come here and help group1 with good faith, 3rd, the Junkies which include your *** as a logo for this group and yet u have SOM, iPerson, someone12 hangin on your thread u filthy wanko'

Originally posted by federale86:
    Ambercrombie you are a moron. Why are you on an immigration related site and you don't know the very basics of immigration and the agencies that deal with it. DSS is the Diplomatic Security Service. They investigate visa fraud and Department of State employees who commit visa fraud.

Tak, you are doing just that. In India they pay for a letter like that.

And, no, the DOS does not give out visas to people who pay for a letter like that. That is called visa fraud.

There is no official government interest the Government of India has in acting on behalf of a visa fraudster twice denied coming to the U.S. to try and meet his ex-girlfriend.

What you describe is exactly what it seems, bribery and visa fraud.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Ambercrombie you are a moron. Why are you on an immigration related site and you don't know the very basics of immigration and the agencies that deal with it. DSS is the Diplomatic Security Service. They investigate visa fraud and Department of State employees who commit visa fraud.

Tak, you are doing just that. In India they pay for a letter like that.

And, no, the DOS does not give out visas to people who pay for a letter like that. That is called visa fraud.

There is no official government interest the Government of India has in acting on behalf of a visa fraudster twice denied coming to the U.S. to try and meet his ex-girlfriend.

What you describe is exactly what it seems, bribery and visa fraud.

Leave a comment:

• Tak
    replied
    Federale86:

Again you have proved that you are still in eggshell. I am not asking to pay someone to get visa. Referral is a State Department official letter which is issued by US Consul to important people requesting Consular Officer to consider favorably visa application of some one referred and in most cases visa is granted unless there any previous visa violation. Try to understand how business of diplomatic community works, but you do not want to learn. I feel sorry for you. You are not the most knowledgeable person on the board.

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    federale,

why are u mad at me,

i was tryin to clarify Tak point is that what u are givin me in return, i need to contact the humn rights through their reps in north america Mr. someone12. hahahahahahahah'

PS. btw, what is DSS? fed, for real, are u an immigration lawyer? if u are, i have a question to u regarding a family based immigration, i am serious'

Originally posted by federale86:
    Tak and Ambercrombie, I have put more people like you in jail than you can shake a stick at. And just paying someone for a letter is also a crime. We put people like that in jail all the time as well. If there is an official request for an official visa, yes, letters are required, but those who have been denied visas twice for intending immigrant in order to visit an ex-girlfriend are not in that catagory.

I am thinking that DSS looked at Tak many a time.

And Ambercrombie what do you know besides nothing?

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Tak and Ambercrombie, I have put more people like you in jail than you can shake a stick at. And just paying someone for a letter is also a crime. We put people like that in jail all the time as well. If there is an official request for an official visa, yes, letters are required, but those who have been denied visas twice for intending immigrant in order to visit an ex-girlfriend are not in that catagory.

I am thinking that DSS looked at Tak many a time.

And Ambercrombie what do you know besides nothing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And hiring an immigration attorney will be the biggest waste of money (besides setting fire to it)...no immigration lawyer can 'order' the consular officials to grant a visa, and no matter what silly opinion the lawyer might give about your so-called being qualified won't sway anyone in the visa department.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You can get letters from everyone on the planet and it won't have any positive effect. For whatever the reason(s), the consular staff did not believe you, did not believe that you would return as promised....and that's the way it is.
    Writing the consul general will only waste paper (or time). Trying for some phony referral won't succeed. No one can 'vouch' for you, nor 'guarantee' that you will go back to India. YOu can bring all the letters and bank statements on the planet, but the bottom line is if the consular official doesn't believe you, your visa will be denied. There is NO piece of paper or document that you can bring that guarantees you'll get a visa or overcomes 214b. None.
    Why not call or write your former girlfriend? Phones broken in India? Email doesn't work?

Leave a comment:

• abercrombie_toronto
    replied
    in other word Federale,

tAK IS ASKIN YOU TO SHUT THE F. UP i wish i have made this more clear for u.

federale86:

You have no experience of working overseas and you do not know how it works there. Referral is an official letter which work for Political figures, Journalists, academics and Artists and any others who is knows to high level people in that country. Visa is 99% guaranteed. Your knowledge is very limited to only some books and guidelines you have read.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation