Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Lawyer good with LULAC Case

Does anyone know of a good Attorney with strong LULAC case background?

Thanks,

Thanks,

Comment

Immigration lawyers are ok if you’re just starting out with a new case easy case. They love it if you’ve just married a US citizen, because it’s easy. They charge you $5,000, and then have their paralegal fill out all the papers.

BUT… if you’re a CSS/Newman/LULAC denied, God help you. They will take your eyes out financially, and still loose your case. The honest attorneys won’t even take the case, because it requires them to work. Everybody knows that attorneys are all allergic to work, unless it‘s on the gulf course.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My case was denied and I appealed with the special master and he ruled in my favor telling USCIS that it is highly probable that I qualify for LULAC settlement. What I need to do now is to get a lawyer that will help me take the case from that point.

Thanks,

Comment

I understand. I’m sorry if I was sarcastic, but I have never found any lawyer who was smart and wanted to really fight. There are very, very few who are knowledgeable about LULAC. Some people will recommend the few famous ones, but none of them have their hearts in the right place.

But you must find a good lawyer, and you must make the right choice. If you go into this situation without an attorney, you will fail. The USCIS does not play fair. I think you know that already? So, you’d better talk with many attorneys, until you find the right one. Good Luck

Comment

BBCHICAGO where r u located? If u r in CA, try shusterman, he is good but expensive. He'll tell you upfront if he will take ur case and is there any good chance of any succes in it. Very knowledgeble and smart lawyer. Good luck!!!

Comment

I live in Chicago. Do you have his information? I can try to call him tomorrow.

Comment

BBCHICAGO, go to www.shusterman.com

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBCHICAGO:
                  I live in Chicago. Do you have his information? I can try to call him tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,
                  Immigration matters are Federal jurisdiction. The lawyer can be any where till you get good pointed representation. That means you need some one who can hit the ground running.
                  Just a suggestion: REQUEST Carlos or Peter Schey to recommend you one by calling or writing as you prefer.
                  If it was me; I will call.
                  All the best. Above all no matter what, Do Not loose heart. I understand these are difficult times but think of after you have crossed this hurdle; how relieved you will be.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBCHICAGO:
                    Thanks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOW TO HIRE A GOOD ATTORNEY:

The surest way to find a good lawyer is to know someone who had a case similar to yours and was successfully represented by one. Have them refer you directly and, during your first meeting, see if you are treated well (which would mean , among other things, that the lawyer respects the person who referred you).

If you don't know anyone who can refer you then do some research online, filter few that you think best match your criteria and then spend some time interviewing them. Hiring a lawyer is like hiring any other independent contractor/employee. You should have a list of questions and have a half an hour conversation , be very focused and concentrate on the person during the interview.

The worst think you can do is open yellow pages and hire just anybody. Sometimes that's only option you may have, but beware of lawyers who collect your money and never wish to do their part for fees collected.

Finally, immediately walk away from an attorney that is dismissive and shows 'i am too busy and don't have a time for you now' attitude.

ON LAWYERS:

There are good lawyers and bad lawyers.

Lawyers are not dogs. You can't just throw a bone (fees charged) to a lawyer and be assured of their dedication and loyalty.

Like among any group of humans there are some crooks and shady lawyers out there. There are also some great lawyers, although latter is rare, with many falling into the gray area of average.

They are human beings and exhibit the same range of human traits and personality that you encounter on daily basis dealing with pretty much anybody.

As a group they are no worse and no better than any group of individuals in any other profession, it's just consequences of their actions have far more lasting and greater impact than that of a salesperson at the Walmart.

Keep all above in mind and you will be better prepared to assess one.
                    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Thanks for your responses and also advices. That was why I posted a few months back to see if anyone knows of someone who has the same case as I do... Meaning my case was denied and then I appealed to the Special Master and he ruled in my favor telling USCIS that there is a high possibility without a doubt that I qualify for the settlement.

If I find anyone who had the same experience as I do, then I can get the information of the Attorney they used.

:-)

Comment

Good luck
                        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

LULAC? Isn't that a commie beaner organization?

Comment

BBCHICAGO, Mr you know your own situation very well asking for an attorney this mean you lied on your application, Attorney will never help you, you are stuck like Fedrellee86 with your lulac or css case and wait for them to deport you, where you were in 1986? Now you wake up and asking non sense question, why not you hire an attorney while you filed your case, this is not the right time for legal consultation, you suppose to think before you jump in such a mess.

Comment

LULAC should be named for what it is..."LIE LIKE...(a rug)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation