Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is necessary for Col. with B-1/2 VISA to merry a US citizen

Bottom line, I'd like to marry my colombian girlfriend of two years. She has a current B-1/2 VISA to the US and is a resident of Costa Rica where we met. I am no longer working in CR and we would both like to be in the states. She will be visiting soon for a week or so, then return for maybe longer. She has no intentions of overstay.
    I didn't know it would be tricky until looking on the internet just today.
    Would she be able to apply for marriage in the US or would she have to do it in CR (where she got her VISA), or Colombia as she has been married (now divorced) before in CR.
    I would also like to know if she would still be able to enter the US on her current VISA while waiting out the upgraded approval.
    Any information (from experience as well as who to contact) would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks

Bottom line, I'd like to marry my colombian girlfriend of two years. She has a current B-1/2 VISA to the US and is a resident of Costa Rica where we met. I am no longer working in CR and we would both like to be in the states. She will be visiting soon for a week or so, then return for maybe longer. She has no intentions of overstay.
    I didn't know it would be tricky until looking on the internet just today.
    Would she be able to apply for marriage in the US or would she have to do it in CR (where she got her VISA), or Colombia as she has been married (now divorced) before in CR.
    I would also like to know if she would still be able to enter the US on her current VISA while waiting out the upgraded approval.
    Any information (from experience as well as who to contact) would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

if your gf marries you while here on a b1/2 visa she may have problems returning later if she returns to cr.

you have at least two options: after her short visit, she can apply for a fiance (k) visa, where you will have 90 days after her return to the u.s. to marry, or she can return as b1/2 for a lengthy stay and marry you after a couple of months, then apply for aos. good luck~
      it was like that when i found it... honest!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation