HI SOMEONE12, FEDERALE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really is unfortunate that all of mankind descended into Darkest of Middle Ages in the matter of two or three decades.

Who would think back in the 70s or 80s that adult people who consider themselves educated would be making such nonsense statements or arguments as many of you do here.

Sigh......
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
      I believe the alternative would be evolution. I've struggled from time to time to try and understand how we could be descendents of both God and apes. The theories don't mesh (at least in my mind), but I choose to believe there is a God and must be an explanation for the theory of evolution as well. There's too much scientific proof that evolution did occur. Is it un-Christian to believe in both theories? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are not descendant from apes, this is a mistake scientists made in the past. We are a separate species like all the rest of the natural world that evolved from a separate unique ancestor. This is quite brand new finding of the recent couple years.
      And evolution, Proudie is not a theory, it is a scientific FACT. Live with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hallelujah Iperson!! Congratulations on aceepting what I told you a few years back. Thanks God that you stopped believing those mistruths about man and apes.

<span class="ev_code_RED">@ Proud</span>

You seem confused Proud. Humans are not [i]decendents [i]of God or apes. The supreme being created (man) as an inteligent design as also the creation of the animals, plants and all things herein.

You also say that "There is too much scientific evidence that evolution did occur"

Can you provide us with this evidence Proud?

hint: first one has to define what definition of evolution they are using to be able to have a valid argument or conversation. Many times people are arguing about the wrong thing.

Iperson has defined her definition of evolution, and it is a far cry different than her original definition.
      <span class="ev_code_RED">here from this quote below</span>
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Again, evolution is a study of changes in the organic world on planet earth, not of the universe. You set up so many reasonably sounding straw men for argument sake that the content doesn't have any real backing in reality. I can tell you have no real knowledge of the TOE, String Theory, logical scientific deduction, etc. otherwise you wouldn't be believing in a God.
      And no, I don't need your God. I am doing fine without a Sky F.a.i.r. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">NOw, iperson keeps confusing supreme being argument with religion Iperson, you have already admitted that you believe in a supreme force, so why do you keep equating organized religions and the bible in the mix?</span>

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you provide us with this evidence Proud? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just type in "evidence of Evolution" in your Google search box when you have some spare time, 4Now.

For IP, there are many of us who believe in God who aren't bible thumping churchgoers. I, for one, don't feel it necessary to congregate each Sunday to talk to God. I can do that any time I wish and don't need to go through a third party to confess my sins. I've always considered that part of the Catholic religion to be overkill. And, many of the Bible thumping churchgoers are complete hypocrites by not practicing what they preach.

I don't have a problem with atheists. It is their choice to not believe in God and has nothing to do with me. I'm open minded on the subject and not one to go around pushing religion on anyone, nor do I want it pushed on me. There's middle ground and I guess that's where I stand on most things.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
          It really is unfortunate that all of mankind descended into Darkest of Middle Ages in the matter of two or three decades.

Who would think back in the 70s or 80s that adult people who consider themselves educated would be making such nonsense statements or arguments as many of you do here.

Sigh...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 80s. I remember "I am Gumby, dammit!" Eddy Murphy on SNL. Or, "I took Latin in school!" A comment Dan Quayle made while visiting Latin America.

But, analogous to the Agricultural Revolution and Industrial Revolution, the Digital Revolution marked the beginning of the Information Age. Central to this revolution is the mass production and widespread use of digital logic circuits, and its derived technologies, including the computer, digital cellular phone, and fax machine.

...and this here is the culprit. .....an economy based on the manipulation of information.
          “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was supposed to turn into a knock down drag out cat fight. What a monumental disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of glad it didn't, for a change. LOL!! Where did it all come from? I happen to believe in God, so I shouldn't reply to this since it was directed to atheists; however, my question is what does it matter? What if solid proof can be found that God did indeed create the universe? The non-believers will more than likely remain non-believers. The believers will be more steadfast in their beliefs, but nothing will change. So, what's the point?

Comment

• Oops...someone took the ball and left the court. She couldn't win....now she is not going to play anymore. I don't think Atheist will ever be able to win, because they are up against too many.

Or, maybe it was because her momma called.
              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was supposed to turn into a knock down drag out cat fight. What a monumental disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of glad it didn't, for a change. LOL!! Where did it all come from? I happen to believe in God, so I shouldn't reply to this since it was directed to atheists; however, my question is what does it matter? What if solid proof can be found that God did indeed create the universe? The non-believers will more than likely remain non-believers. The believers will be more steadfast in their beliefs, but nothing will change. So, what's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about that too. Our innate sense tells us to keep looking and find out more and more and we all do it to the best of our knowledge.

Comment

• I think IP has no imagination. Poor thing.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
                    It really is unfortunate that all of mankind descended into Darkest of Middle Ages in the matter of two or three decades.

Sigh...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 80s. I remember "I am Gumby, dammit!" Eddy Murphy on SNL. Or, "I took Latin in school!" A comment Dan Quayle made while visiting Latin America.

But, analogous to the Agricultural Revolution and Industrial Revolution, the Digital Revolution marked the beginning of the Information Age. Central to this revolution is the mass production and widespread use of digital logic circuits, and its derived technologies, including the computer, digital cellular phone, and fax machine.

...and this here is the culprit. .....an economy based on the manipulation of information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be ignorant, live in the Age of Talibans with millions of gadgets and computers surrounding yourself so you can fool yourself into believing it makes you any less of an ignorant you are.

Fist step towards enlightment is to recognize your own ignorance. With that not happening all doors will forever be shut to your mind.

But ignorance is a bliss, isn't it?

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

• Only people who are not absolutely confident or unaware of their superior intelligence need to be complimented on their mental proves. That excludes me, since i know for a fact that i am a great genious.

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was supposed to turn into a knock down drag out cat fight. What a monumental disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of glad it didn't, for a change. LOL!! Where did it all come from? I happen to believe in God, so I shouldn't reply to this since it was directed to atheists; however, my question is what does it matter? What if solid proof can be found that God did indeed create the universe? The non-believers will more than likely remain non-believers. The believers will be more steadfast in their beliefs, but nothing will change. So, what's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about that too. Our innate sense tells us to keep looking and find out more and more and we all do it to the best of our knowledge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand we never stop searching for more information, but I have to say that if there was finite proof with no question that God doesn't exist, I would still believe in him. Finding out anything different will not affect my life whatsoever and I expect that's the same for most people.

I can appreciate an atheist's point of view, though. There are many questions the Bible leaves us, as intelligent human beings. It's difficult to imagine we all came from two people when there are so many flavors of humans in the world. I just try not to question it.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
                          Only people who are not absolutely confident or unaware of their superior intelligence need to be complimented on their mental proves. That excludes me, since i know for a fact that i am a great genious.

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                            I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checks. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the essence instead.

Comment

I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checking. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the enssence instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concern yourselves with what?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checking. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the enssence instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concern yourselves with what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did you a favor and corrected it for you this time.
                                Next time do it yourself, woman !

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation